GUILTY IL - Andreayah McBain, 15, dies of OD, body burned, Rockford, 19 Oct 2015

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 30, 2015.

1. justwannahelp

justwannahelp Well-Known Member

2. LolaMoon08

LolaMoon08 Well-Known Member

Well, that is not always the case. I was in a horrific accident on the exact day I got my learner's permit. I was so traumatized that I didn't get my license until I was 20-years-old and I was still living with my mother.

I will also freely admit that I lied numerous times about my age as a teenager. It's quite normal as long as you are not going out and doing what these girls were doing. I never lied to attract an older man. I just did it because I thought it made me sound more mature. It really had more to do with trying to gain my own independence than anything else... or rebellion, in parental terms. It's quite silly when I look back at it. Most of the time, it's just that innocent...

But there are cases where girls do lie to lure older men... and they are very good at it. I am not excusing the adult man/men who get themselves into these situations. I am just saying that it does happen. And can happen.

I had two issues with my own niece on facebook.

The first time she was only 15-years-old. I was going through her friends list and found one of my own friends as her friend. He was 39-years-old and had been a pretty good friend of mine for many, many years. I was LIVID. So, I confronted my niece about it and she told me she got the "request" from him and just accepted it (kids are really into the number of friends they have)... so, I immediately confronted my "friend" about requesting my niece and his answer for requesting my 15-year-old niece was unacceptable to me. I cussed him out, blocked him not only from my facebook, but from my personal life and told my sister (my niece's mother) about what my niece did. My sister deleted my niece's facebook and told her when she matures, she can have another one.

Fast forward to my niece being 16-years-old and she had regained her social media privileges. I am once again going through her friends list and see an "older" man as one of her friends. One I DON'T know and I immediately go into his profile. NOTHING but young girls on his friends list. Some VERY young.

Step One: was immediately calling my sister. I didn't even confront my niece about this one!
    Step Two: Contacting the police about this man
    Step Three: Writing a scathing private message to said man

My niece was not allowed back onto social media until her Senior year in High School after that one. And it was only for study groups.

Parents CAN control their children's social media presence if they CARE enough. Being a member of Websleuth's just made me a little more vigilant than my sister was because I knew what to look for. And it was her first teenager back then. She's coming up on her next pre-teen and learned a lot from the first one. Same with my brother-in-law.

3. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

On Tuesday in Rockford, a 15-year-old girl arrested in connection with McBain's death asked Judge K. Patrick Yarbrough for a bench trial in Winnebago County Juvenile Court. The 15-year-old girl, dressed in a green Winnebago County Detention Center jumpsuit, bowed her head and wept uncontrollably during an appearance in juvenile court. McBain's family members have said previously that the juvenile was a friend who introduced McBain to older men and negatively influenced her behavior. Prosecutors will ask Yarbrough to declare her a juvenile delinquent during the trial, or "adjudication hearing."

http://www.sj-r.com/article/20151117/NEWS/151119563

4. pappa rob

pappa rob New Member

:jawdrop:

Are you kidding? Now if it was a boy, would he be charged as a child or adult?

5. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

snipping for focus. Glad you took action. Hoping that your concern 'sank in' w your sister, BiL, and niece. And others.

6. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

The Stephenson County Coroner's Office says 15-year-old Andreayah McBain's death resulted from a combined drug overdose. Andreayah had morphine, Xanax and a third antidepressant drug in her system. None of these drugs were prescribed to her.

One person involved is already in custody — but that's on charges unrelated to Andreayah's death.

http://www.wrex.com/story/30903202/2016/01/06/coroner-rules-on-15-year-old-andreayah-mcbains-death

McBain's upper body was burned, likely with gasoline, after she died.

A Winnebago County Juvenile Court trial for a teenage girl arrested and detained in connection with McBain's death was delayed today [January 6] when a new public defender, Erin Wessell, was assigned to her case. What wrongdoing the girl, who wept during the court proceedings, is accused of is unclear. The Illinois Juvenile Court Act keeps juvenile court records private, and prosecutors, public defenders and court personnel have refused in a juvenile delinquency petition to state what charges she faces.

The girl returns to court Jan. 20 for a status hearing when a juvenile probation assessment is expected to be complete.

http://www.rrstar.com/article/20160106/news/160109726

7. menmo

menmo Active Member

8. 0101ABA

0101ABA Former Member

http://www.rockfordadvocate.com/juv...-suspects-relative-details-how-she-died-9674/

9. wendybtn

wendybtn Well-Known Member

Therefore, no soot in her lungs. I suspected the overdose but know those results can take quite a while. Assuming they were drinking alcohol, just taking some Xanax with it, would have been enough to cause her death. So sad. With friends like these, who needs enemies?

10. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

Rockford teen charged in Andreayah McBain case enters guilty plea

http://www.rrstar.com/news/20160726/rockford-teen-charged-in-andreayah-mcbain-case-enters-guilty-plea

11. JusticeWillBeServed

UPDATE: Teen convicted in Andreayah McBain case sentenced

http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/Stephenson-County-Officials-Investigate-Body-Found-337939542.html

12. buffetoflies

buffetoflies Well-Known Member

^^^ I've just read this thread and that seems light to me. Is the other adult male being charged?

13. JusticeWillBeServed

The adult suspect committed suicide last November during a traffic stop. I agree the sentence seems light.