Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by HayLouise, Apr 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KJ's Mamu

KJ's Mamu Well-Known Member

Can someone else help me understand how they charge the parents with 5 counts of murder? Not asking out of sympathy for the parents....but I assume 1 heinous act of murder equates to 1 count of murder. What am I missing?

2. BlinkOfAnI

BlinkOfAnI Well-Known Member

Depending on how active the father was in the community as an attorney it may even be a bit tougher than just the media attention.
    ETA
    Any judge the father went before when representing a client should recuse him/herself. As well as some attorneys.

HayLouise, Subiechik21, 1&2&3 and 3 others like this.
  3. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

Her mother will
    Tox tests, at least certain kinds of them, can be done for quite a long time, depending on the condition of the remains.

I doubt these two were sophisticated enough to understand forensic toxicology to the point that they could calculate the tox levels that would be below detectable thresholds.

4. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

Exactly. These parents had not one day not two days not three but nearly an entire week to do the right thing and confess. And that attorney...

Ugh I have more to say but I’m on a very bumpy bus so I’ll save it till later.

abr, kirkassoc, lonetraveler and 5 others like this.
  5. BlinkOfAnI

I would agree but also had this thought....the father may have "thought" he knew something about it if was involved defending people on a probation violation due to positive drug tests.

Subiechik21 and Stunned like this.
  6. AgeofAquaruis

AgeofAquaruis Well-Known Member

They better not.

7. Stunned

Stunned Your past explains you, It does not excuse you

True that, but you pretty much try to google anything.

8. wary

wary Well-Known Member

The officials don’t know yet exactly how he died, so I think they’ve charged the parents with everything that MIGHT have happened, and they’ll narrow it down once they figure out what did happen.

In other words: one count of felony child abuse that led to his death from a fractured skull, (I’m just making this up,) one count of aggravated neglect that led to his starving to death, etc.

9. AgeofAquaruis

Maybe the fatal injuries were internal.
    I just hate these two so much.

abr, Subiechik21, kath4557 and 4 others like this.
  10. jennieohhh

jennieohhh Well-Known Member

This case is just another example of the total collapse of social systems in our society & it makes me sick. Killing your kids is not cool people.

abr, Curious Guy, Subiechik21 and 5 others like this.
  11. BlinkOfAnI

nyvictoria, jash, HayLouise and 9 others like this.
  12. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

I just saw the news item - with a picture of this sweet child. He is smiling in the picture despite the hell that must have been his life. Thank God his brother is safe and away from these monsters. And may they rot in jail.

13. PirateMomma

PirateMomma Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if, generally speaking, its legal for LE to ask questions of or interview the younger brother while he was in DCFS custody?

14. AgeofAquaruis

Riiiiiight Marc because we can trust that DCSF can be trusted to investigate itself,and report truthfully.
    SMH.

Kapua, abr, nyvictoria and 8 others like this.
  15. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

@Tippy Lynn, You are so good to us!!!! I appreciate all you do for WS!!!! A big thanks for the time line, gets it all perspective.

16. kaen

kaen Trying to be a good human.

I do wonder with the mattress being taken out of the home if there was vomit, blood, or other bodily substances on the mattress. The younger sibling is old enough to be able to tell a story if there was systematic abuse targeted at AJ (and himself).

There could be any number of ways that he died that would not have included blood loss:
    1. asphyxiation through strangulation, under heavy object, vomit, etc,
    2. illness/medical neglect including bacterial infection, viral infection, non-intervention of an injury, head or thoracic non-attended injury, starvation,
    3. poison ingestion of drugs in home, poisons in home, allergic substances,
    4. repeated physical abuse.

At least, he is found and will have a proper burial. My heart goes out to his siblings and relatives who must now live with this tragedy.

17. Scrapper18

Scrapper18 Well-Known Member

Since parents have been officially arrested; would someone please post a link to their social media account(s)? Thanks. Haven’t had luck finding it myself.

18. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

This may be cross posting, but I have followed the Nubia Barahona murder case for years, the State of Florida had to pay out millions to her brother for his abuse, DCFS never followed up on a credible claim.

The case still has not gone to trial, since 2011! I believe that the State of Florida and DCFS just wants the whole thing to disappear.

19. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Several laws can be broken during the commission of a single murder. For instance, death during child abuse. Death during neglect, death during a sex assault, causing the death of a child under 14, etc. A count of murder can be filed for each one. These are just examples and may not apply to this case.

20. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

You are so right, about judges having to recuse themselves!!! They've been frequent flyers in J and D court so long, I'm sure they can find a judge.

Whiteorchids and Subiechik21 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.