Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just hit me. First degree murder. That means premeditation if I am not way incorrect.

I also am aware that premeditation can happen within a few minutes and doesn't necessarily involve a lot of prior planning.

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but have there been any reports of why first degree murder as opposed to, say, manslaughter?

Wow. This case just seems to get more horrific by the hour.

I don’t know the Illinois laws, but is there any chance that murdering a small child under your care is automatically first degree murder?

I'm haunted by what this baby may be going through in the womb. Maybe they will do a Csection soon? I'm hoping.

There is a possibility the pregnant inmate will be staying in the medical unit for awhile, and they may monitor the pregnancy, even give the mother suboxene or something, just for the child's slow withdrawal, not for the mother's.

Here's the interview #AndrewFreund, Sr. did with me Monday regarding the disappearance of his 5yo son #AJFreund.

The 5yo’s father and mother Joann Cunningham are charged with the death of their 5yo son.

Tia A. Ewing on Twitter

(Video at link)

Urgh, how people can do interviews like that and just lie, lie, lie. Their own son as well.

There was such a grim inevitability about this case. I hoped we were all wrong about what had happened but, alas, once again it was exactly as it seemed.

DCFS responds to the death of #AJFreund. The agency took the boy from his mother from birth until 2-years-old because he was born with drugs in his system. The family had several visits with DCFS, the last time was in December 2018 for allegations of abuse that were unfounded.
Tia A. Ewing on Twitter
Well they obviously didn't do such a hot job of investigating, did they?

Two vigils were held last night to remember the life of five year old Andrew “AJ” Freund.

Hundreds of people showed up to the prayer and candlelight vigil outside his home in Crystal Lake.

A third vigil is planned for this Saturday at 6:30 pm at Lippold Park. @cbschicago

B281F39D-FCC5-4B6F-B046-56EF0AB640EC.jpeg AC03B18F-24D8-46B7-A718-301EC8BD9A6D.jpeg C7AEE8B9-E496-444B-BA80-D4E890F68117.jpeg 8C1EDEED-12DD-4D05-AC15-489DF156EF93.jpeg

Vi Nguyen on Twitter

LATEST: The parents of #AJFreund due in bond court at 8am. 60yo Andrew Freund Sr. and 36yo Joann Cunningham face about two dozen charges including multiple counts of first degree murder. @WGNMorningNews

View attachment 181037

(I’m not posting photos of the parents, can’t stand to look at them)

Nancy Loo on Twitter
I love that picture of A.J. :cool:

My issue with DCFS, is that we have seen over and over again children who were "in" the system. The kids were placed and living in high risk homes, with numerous reports of abuse or neglect or signs, such as "homeschooling", and it seems like nothing happens until the children are dead or suffered years of abuse.

1. Nubia Barahona, adoptive parents still in jail, no court date yet. Florida.
2. "Little Princess" in California, found dead, after being in custody of her Mother who had been in prison for child abuse.

We could go on and on...

And what really bothers me, I understand stand that people are entitled to a defense, but what about these folks telling the truth? They killed their little boy. What are the ethics of a defense attorney who tells a client, "Don't say anything, don't cooperate". Really? It is wrong. Criminals have all of these "rights". What rights did little A.J. have?
Riiiiiight Marc because we can trust that DCSF can be trusted to investigate itself,and report truthfully.
SMH.

FOSTER CARE ALUMNI OF AMERICA - IL Chapt
Statement on Andrew “AJ” Freund

As the investigation now changes from a missing child to a child death, we ask Governor JB Pritzker to issue a State of Emergency or a Public Health Crises. AJ’s death once more shows that Illinois Department of Children and Family Services is failing it’s main mission statement “to protect children who are reported to be abused or neglected and to increase their families' capacity to safely care for them”. Chapter President James McIntyre stated “This family was in constant crisis, however even after a number of police calls and investigations Illinois has failed to protect AJ.” We strongly suggest putting into place new policies to address reviewing cases after they are deemed unfounded and review hotline calls that are taken as report only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne