Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't recall this being posted yet.

Documents: 2013 complaint against parents of missing Crystal Lake boy | Northwest Herald

In a petition for an order of protection that Lorelei Hughes filed against her daughter, JoAnn Cunningham, in 2013, the grandmother accused Cunningham and Andrew Freund Sr. of forcing Cunningham's oldest son to live in "constant fear, hunger and filth," as well as denying him medical care, food, clean clothing healthy living environment.
I just read the 2013 complaint Lorelei Hughes filed against her daughter JoAnn Cunningham. I didn't realized AJ
had a older half sibling. This complaint shows the grandmother's fear of physical, emotional and mental harm to the child if returned to the residence. This happened before AJ was born.

Here's the interview #AndrewFreund, Sr. did with me Monday regarding the disappearance of his 5yo son #AJFreund.

The 5yo’s father and mother Joann Cunningham are charged with the death of their 5yo son.

Tia A. Ewing on Twitter

(Video at link)

The father is asked: "What has this been like for you?" He responds: "Oh, I cannot begin to describe it ...."

This, coupled with the 911 call -- and the fact that he is an attorney, an officer of the court -- I have no words! Despicable.

Though there is a possibility of dereliction of duty by DCSF employees, the fact that a child was murdered does not automatically mean DCSF is at fault.

DCSF is bound by the laws of the state. Removing children from homes in a democratic society can be legally very difficult.

This is the crux of the problem. What kind of legislative reform needs to occur?

There is a delicate balance between civil liberties and government authority. There isn't a one size fits all uniformity which can be applied. I know there are circumstances special emergency removals can be made.

But what about a case like this where there is prolonged contact and complaints? When is enough - enough?

Listening to Bio-Dad’s 911 call (again) where he reports AJ missing (days after he’s been buried) and now I’m wondering if his description of the last clothes AJ wore were the clothes he was buried in. Need to take a break . . . Too upsetting.

Addicts use drugs to numb themselves of emotion. That's the point, to not feel what they are feeling. So, yes, they didn't feel anything, as often as they could, at any and all expense. AJ paid. I'm surprised they were given bond.
I’m surprised they were given bond as well. I realize they don’t have money, but why chance it? I mean seriously - who thought that was a good idea? :eek:

This is the crux of the problem. What kind of legislative reform needs to occur?

There is a delicate balance between civil liberties and government authority. There isn't a one size fits all uniformity which can be applied. I know there are circumstances special emergency removals can be made.

But what about a case like this where there is prolonged contact and complaints? When is enough - enough?
Well obviously only when a child is dead,and buried is it enough.
Poor Sweet Andrew.
So many signs,so many reasons to get him out of that Hell Hole. So many excuses to why he was left to be murdered.
MOO
:*(

Listening to Bio-Dad’s 911 call (again) where he reports AJ missing (days after he’s been buried) and now I’m wondering if his description of the last clothes AJ wore were the clothes he was buried in. Need to take a break . . . Too upsetting.

If he was beaten to death in the shower as inferred by the criminal complaints filed today, it’s likely he was buried without clothes in the plastic wrap/bag. However he was buried though, there is basically 0 chance he was buried in what the birth father described him wearing on the 911 call considering they have lied about everything that happened to the public and via the 911 call.

Yesterday I read a news article that contained a petitioner’s document listing a whole slew of accusations against JoAnn Cunningham RE the atrocious state of the home and her neglect of the kids. IIRC it was based on statements made by little Andrew. I forgot to bookmark it and now I can’t find it. Maybe it’s been pulled? Does anyone remember this? Anyone have a link?

I don't have the link, but it was a 2013 Petition for Order of Protection filed by JoAnn Cunningham's mother. Cunningham was the Respondent.

I know there are circumstances special emergency removals can be made. But what about a case like this where there is prolonged contact and complaints? When is enough - enough?

Based on what my state CPS told me, CPS agents nearly always need to physically see the evidence themselves to take action (special emergency removals maybe an exception).

In other words, complaints by doctors, teachers, neighbors can serve as a line of inquiry, but they usually cant be grounds for removal. This is due to second hand information / possibility of exaggeration. Then factor in complaints motivated by grudges, personal dislike or differences in parenting lifestyles.

Because the CPS worker must physically see before acting, parents get a chance to clean up their act. For example, consider this possible CPS report:

"The neighbors complained of feces. When I finally got access to the home, there were no feces present. While the home was still very messy and not going to win any invites from the "Parade of Homes", I could not prove to a legally sufficient level that the home was inherently unsafe. Mother received a warning... . "

Last edited:
I would think a judge would give no bond for that reason alone. These two are safer in jail,than outside at this point. Can't imagine taking a chance with two high profile targets for street justice.
MOO.
Just a note about bond and it's purpose. Bond is not meant as a punishment for those charged but not found guilty yet. It is more of a collateral to ensure a defendant appears in court and fulfill any further court requirements. It does take the safety of the community into consideration but if a defendant isn't thought to be a danger to others then bond is usually granted with the amount based on risk factors.

Just a note about bond and it's purpose. Bond is not meant as a punishment for those charged but not found guilty yet. It is more of a collateral to ensure a defendant appears in court and fulfill any further court requirements. It does take the safety of the community into consideration but if a defendant isn't thought to be a danger to others then bond is usually granted with the amount based on risk factors.
What if the defendants are marks for street justice,and could wind up being killed before trial? Pretty sure they have targets on them as we speak.
Doesn't the judge have to consider that?
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member