Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I’ve been trying to research DCFS in Illinois. I need people who are smarter than myself because I’m not sure if I’m following right. So DCFS is the government agency but they contract out to private companies to help cover the cases? Is that right? I’m wondering if that is the true is there anyway to track if it’s a private company that was in charge or actually DCFS. Google is not my friend this morning. My end thought here is if they do contract out cases is there anyway to see who was working the cases. A way to track if the children who have been failed by the system are they directly under DCFS or are they with a private company. Again I’m not completely clear if they do contract these cases out. Does anyone know?

Edit: *not thinking clearly* I just texted my cousin who worked for DCFS waiting for her reply for my clear as mud research problem this morning!

Sometimes cases are handled by private agencies, usually when there is placement of foster children for adoption, it varies from state to state.

I don't think that more funding is the answer here for more effective case management. The problem is that DCFS is not run like a business, in some ways, contracting things out is better, because a private agency doesn't have to deal with state employee union issues and rules. Screw up, terminated. State employees can screw up over and over again, and are still protected by the union.

DCFS is very interesting, not unlike the VA, employees who screw up are kept, employees who blow the whistle are isolated and they find a way to terminate them.

And it's not just heroin / opiates. She clearly has a substantial methamphetamine addiction, too.

Once, an addict in drug court ingested three large bottles of mint rubbing alcohol. He ended up dying.
I’ve seen an addict dive under a chair to grab a button, thinking it was a tablet.
I’d say the creature here would try a variety of things to alleviate her cravings. Jmo

Many of you are speculating the purpose of cold water showers in general but specific to this case. I do not want my mind to get close to understanding the motives of these two monsters in brutalizing AJ. However, in general
cold water is commonly used to control or change behavior. When this this become a normal "how to" for punishing children? You Tube? Instagram?

Excerpt from article: (Consider the results for a child)
..."In the military, those who resisted military orders because of freedom of thought, conscience, or religion, known as conscientious objectors, would take a cold shower until they give in to service.
Imagine if parents did the same thing to their kids just because they got in trouble at school."...
The Worst Ways to Discipline a Child

There now seems to be a trend in child punishment to use cold showers AND hot sauce! In my opinion these tactics are just a form of brutality that do not show signs of physical bruising! Once upon a time, it was a given if a child spoke in profanity, they had their mouth washed out with soap. I consider this abuse and assault. There is documentation that practice has caused these victims emotional issues, i.e. excessive cleaning, fear of water, cleansers and so on. It is sickening to read of the mental scars of such abuse.

There is an overwhelming number of articles on cold water showers as a form of child punishment and cases of abuse where it was used. Google at your own risk of being more sickened.

We know Sr. was in the military from the 2013 complaint from the grandma. Perhaps he was familiar with this technique. MOO

I don't see that legalizing marijuana is a step in the right direction for our society. Many people compare marijuana to alcohol, as if that is a "positive".

The problem is that the new strains of marijuana being grown and chemically enhanced, are far different from the buds in the 60's and 70's, yet no one wants to discuss this...or even acknowledge it...

I cant LIKE this enough. Marijuana is legal in my state now and it is only strewing a plethora of polysubstance abuser transients and stoners. Small motels in my town that used to be for budget-minded travelers are full of "weekly / monthly rate residents" and the police blotters are full of continual arrests for marijuana / heroin / meth / cocaine abuse. Nearly every description of a meth arrest describes the pipes and spoons and there is always a marijuana involved. Violent crimes, including murders, have tripled, as have robberies /burglaries.

A family member works in a nearby town and runs a tourism facililty. They have had to take constant extreme measures to get the stoners off off their properties at nights because they feel they can camp out there, drink and smoke, and harass the visitors. LE says they can't do much because it's all over town and the rejects will just move from one location to the next. The panhandling at local stores is really aggressive.

He had to sit through a city presentation about licensing Marjiuana Stores and he said each and every one of the applicants had mob ties or felony records. Yet, somehow, the lure of tax $$ made the supervisors blind to the filth these places bring into their communities.

Legalizing marijuana was a HUGE mistake, IMHO, MOO

Yes, he comes off as educated, well-spoken, normally presented. (In one of the pre-discovery videos he is wearing a brown leather jacket and seems shaved with a haircut, no facial tatoos, probably clean fingernails) Yet he was living in that wretchedly filthy unheated house that reeked of urine and feces. With little or no food.

I'll bet he's been the face that led credibility to her stories for quite some time.

What I don't understand is how the new baby's father, the 35 year old arrested with the facial tatoos comes into the picture and was allowed to stay there. Is the procurer of the drugs? For both JC and AF?

Also, if it can be proved that he neglected to report abuse of AJ while living there, it might substantially reduce his chances of getting custody of her next child.

Sadly, I think so. I would imagine that he/she both used the “we’re going to sue” “Andrew is an attorney” line plenty. She knew what she was doing by getting involved with an attorney. And he probably got a huge ego boost because she’s much younger, however, dysfunctional and addicted she was.
I’ve seen these types clean up pretty well to hide their double life. Would fool and manipulate plenty of authorities.
I’ve only known the specifics of one case of a heroin drug addicted pregnant women. She was kept on methadone until the baby was born and then the baby went through 1-2 months of medically supervised withdrawal in the NICU. Needless to say, the baby is miserable and suffers. I doubt that they would have the mother detox now, I think there is a risk to the baby if done while she is still carrying the child.
My heart breaks for all these little children.

Idk but if she’s not medically supervised, she’s violently ill, imo.
Maybe a mod professional will weigh in.
It is moo she can not simply be put in a cell w/o constant monitoring & I doubt the jail has staff to handle a late stage, high risk pregnancy.

I was reading this morning (no link) a few locals said that she was transported to the hospital last night in severe detox. They said she was back at the jail by this morning. JMO

I was reading this morning (no link) a few locals said that she was transported to the hospital last night in severe detox. They said she was back at the jail by this morning. JMO

Where did you read?
I’m not surprised, only surprised she was released from the hospital, if true.

Due to hippo & security, idk if her location would be released. Jmo

We don’t know if the woman had prenatal care.
If so, she may have been on methadone, but using other than as prescribed.

Taking Methadone During Pregnancy

Or suboxone. A prior police report mentioned Rx “strips” but speculated they may be reselling them for $ for something illicit. There’s a market for suboxone, but it’s also used for addicts.

Ok I’ve been trying to research DCFS in Illinois. I need people who are smarter than myself because I’m not sure if I’m following right. So DCFS is the government agency but they contract out to private companies to help cover the cases? Is that right? I’m wondering if that is the true is there anyway to track if it’s a private company that was in charge or actually DCFS. Google is not my friend this morning. My end thought here is if they do contract out cases is there anyway to see who was working the cases. A way to track if the children who have been failed by the system are they directly under DCFS or are they with a private company. Again I’m not completely clear if they do contract these cases out. Does anyone know?

Edit: *not thinking clearly* I just texted my cousin who worked for DCFS waiting for her reply for my clear as mud research problem this morning!
Cousin replied yes they do contract out to private companies. Now talking to her for more info.

Or suboxone. A prior police report mentioned Rx “strips” but speculated they may be reselling them for $ for something illicit. There’s a market for suboxone, but it’s also used for addicts.

I thought about sub strips, where I live, they don’t prescribe sub’ to pregnant women.
But I’m sure they had it all. Or access to what they wanted.

Haven't caught up on thread. My apologies if this has already been posted.

'AJ' Freund told doctor of possible abuse months before he was murdered

Report: 'Maybe mommy didn't mean to hurt me'

(CNN) - Four months before Andrew "AJ" Freund's parents were charged with his murder, the 5-year-old shared information on possible abuse with a doctor in Illinois.

Police responding to a hotline report found a large bruise on AJ's hip in December. At first, he told investigators the bruise came from the family dog...

Haven't caught up on thread. My apologies if this has already been posted.

'AJ' Freund told doctor of possible abuse months before he was murdered

Report: 'Maybe mommy didn't mean to hurt me'

(CNN) - Four months before Andrew "AJ" Freund's parents were charged with his murder, the 5-year-old shared information on possible abuse with a doctor in Illinois.

Police responding to a hotline report found a large bruise on AJ's hip in December. At first, he told investigators the bruise came from the family dog...

This. Dogs don’t cause injuries like that. No way I believe that. Poor AJ

What I don't understand is how the new baby's father, the 35 year old arrested with the facial tatoos comes into the picture and was allowed to stay there. Is the procurer of the drugs? For both JC and AF?

Do you know how long he’s going to be in jail?
He might have been the procurer or had a few bucks?
What an ugly ugly mess.
I don’t care how they chose to live, but drop the kids & dog off at the corner market or dial 911 to pick them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member