Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
These dates aren’t jiving. How can there be an OD of Joann in the car AND a visit by DCFS that says everything is a okay on the same day? Something stinks here!

I copied and pasted directly from the DCPS timeline release in the article attached.,

I say the same thing when I pit in context and in date order, it shines a different light.

The key question if she OD hospital is required to report OD for tracking purposes. Also, the kids can't sit in the waiting room while she gets Narcan and then merrily go home. It just don't jive... folks make false,claims a lot, vindictive, owes money, don't like them...whatever the reason. OD is a big deal, there would have been immediate action at the hospital level. Not an anonymous hotline call.

Last edited:
I h!!!! this mom but either some folks are not truthful or the dang town is crooked. These are mandated reporters, hospitals have strict guidelines on reporting, risk management teams, lawyers CEOs screaming liability all the time. The Dr's and nurses can lose their license and be procedures for neglect.
I vote for all the above and probably more that we don't know....

According to what I have read, parents do not have to give DCFS access to their child or their home. A report was made about Andrew and contact was attempted weekly for a month. Notice dad was not present. Plenty of time to get the home and their act together for a visit. BBM.

From the DCFS memo:

03/21/18: DCFS received a hotline report that alleged substantial risk of physical injury/injurious environment and environment neglect against the mother and father. The report alleged that the mother was brought to the emergency room after being found unresponsive in a car. Andrew was observed at the hospital to have odd bruising on his face. DCFS investigator contacted the parents in unsuccessful attempt to see the children on 03/21/18, 3/29/18 and 4/9/18.

04/25/18: DCFS investigator met with JoAnn, Andrew and his younger brother. JoAnn was interviewed while the boys played outside in the driveway of the home. DCFS investigator observed the boys to be clean and did not find signs of maltreatment

Last edited:
Here's an interesting, possibly irrelevant, possibly relevant fact related to the boyfriend currently in jail: He was confined in McHenry County Correctional Facility on December 19, 2018. Andrew Sr's birthday is December 19.
For how long? I think in NC if it is under 2 years, you can apply for custody of your child in Foster Care.

These dates aren’t jiving. How can there be an OD of Joann in the car AND a visit by DCFS that says everything is a okay on the same day? Something stinks here!

That is an error. This is from the memo:

03/21/18: DCFS received a hotline report that alleged substantial risk of physical injury/injurious environment and environment neglect against the mother and father. The report alleged that the mother was brought to the emergency room after being found unresponsive in a car. Andrew was observed at the hospital to have odd bruising on his face. DCFS investigator contacted the parents in unsuccessful attempt to see the children on 03/21/18, 3/29/18 and 4/9/18.

04/25/18: DCFS investigator met with JoAnn, Andrew and his younger brother. JoAnn was interviewed while the boys played outside in the driveway of the home. DCFS investigator observed the boys to be clean and did not find signs of maltreatment.

Last edited:
Dad Charged in 5-Year-Old AJ Freund’s Murder Had Law License Suspended After Criminal Conviction, Cocaine Use
April 24, 2019

~snip

“Disciplinary records indicate that upon seeing a psychiatrist, Freund was diagnosed with opioid and cocaine use disorders. Among the conditions of his probation, Freund was ordered to attend a 12-step program.”

“Residents of Crystal Lake told Law&Crime that Freund is “very well known in this county” and had problems while he worked at a “very well known law firm.” They said the law firm “tried mightily” to help Freund and even paid for him to go to rehab twice. “Everyone who knows him really thought he was a nice guy,” they said, although they described the family as “dysfunctional.”

Dad Charged in 5-Year-Old AJ Freund’s Murder Had Law License Suspended After Criminal Conviction, Cocaine Use

Wonder what they think of the nice guy now?

I copied and pasted directly from the DCPS timeline release in the article attached.,

I say the same thing when I pit in context and in date order, it shines a different light.

The key question if she OD hospital is required to report OD for tracking purposes. Also, the kids can't sit in the waiting room while she gets Narcan and then yhe merrily go home. It just don't jive... folks make false,claims a lot, vindictive, owes money, don't like them...whatever the reason. OD is a big deal, their would have been immediate action at the hospital level. No an anonymous hotline call.
Here is what I got when I copied and pasted from Murdered boy's mom was former foster parent:

04/25/18: DCFS investigator met with JoAnn, Andrew and his younger brother. JoAnn was interviewed while the boys played outside in the driveway of the home. DCFS investigator observed the boys to be clean and did not find signs of maltreatment.

I don't know, it depends if her drug test was verified or if she was actually observed visually during the test. Most people do not like to actually watch other people pee.

Drug addicts use this, to cheat tests. There are numerous ways to do this. One is to have your children pee in a bottle, save that urine...I won't go into details here...
Observation of drug addicts doing a UA is actually a skill. You can't let them make you feel uncomfortable about watching them with an eagle eye. And they will try anything and everything to cheat.

20 years working with drug court, I know.

We will never know how this case was investigated. I found a primer for families being investigated (https://www.familydefensecenter.net...Responding-to-Investigations-Manual-FINAL.pdf) that could be interesting to read. It details the process from hotline call to interviews to medical review..... very interesting reading as the authors believe that DCFS overreaches.
DCFS may very well overreach in some cases but that sure isn't what they are accused of doing in AJ's case. DCFS failed to protect HIM.

JMO

On Charge #10, does anyone know in laymen’s terms what this means? Note that the offense date is March 4, 2019. Tia

Attachments

• E16B5926-BE2F-4D8E-AA38-89EE2913706D.jpeg
    E16B5926-BE2F-4D8E-AA38-89EE2913706D.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 22

After the visit she prob’ went for a drive (drug run) & couldn’t wait to get home to shoot up.

Who raised the 18 yo? I know we can’t sleuth, but was he raised in a good home?
Her mother fought for and received custody of the oldest boy, I believe he was 12 at the time. Very loving woman, from what I’ve read. There is more information out there on her filing for custody, etc. Hideous treatment and conditions by JC to oldest boy also.

On Charge #10, does anyone know in laymen’s terms what this means? Note that the offense date is March 4, 2019. Tia
I believe the charge is a charge for an injury/crime against a child under the age of 13 or a person with a permanent disability.

It is the same charge as charge #8.

But.... a charge for an offense (possibly self-reported/confessed) on the 3/4/19 means that the last month of this kid's life was probably excruciatingly painful and brutal.

Last edited:

The key question if she OD hospital is required to report OD for tracking purposes. Also, the kids can't sit in the waiting room while she gets Narcan and then merrily go home. It just don't jive... folks make false,claims a lot, vindictive, owes money, don't like them...whatever the reason. OD is a big deal, there would have been immediate action at the hospital level. Not an anonymous hotline call.
A third party called the tipline and claimed she was unresponsive and taken to a hospital. The hospital itself did not phone the tipline. She may have been unresponsive due to alcohol for all we know or it may be a totally bogus tip.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member