Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by HayLouise, Apr 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabepa

sabepa Well-Known Member

The only info we have on the boiling water comes from the neighbor. She says JC told her that AJ pulled the water off the stove and that they’d spent the day at the hospital. We have photos that show the burns healing and the hair loss from the burns. But the neighbor did not report that incident before AJ’s death and we have no way of knowing if JC really took him to the ER.

2. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

I have no idea what it goes for. I was just going off from the police report.

Simply Southern and Subiechik21 like this.
  3. Tippy Lynn

upload_2019-4-28_22-14-8.jpeg

AnnaGrace and Subiechik21 like this.
  4. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Oh Tip, no need to post it. Maybe she had 90 films meaning they would fetch $900.
    ....I think we know what happened to them.
    Tysm

5. Tippy Lynn

No doubt - we know exactly what was going ono_O

AgeofAquaruis and Subiechik21 like this.
  6. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I am guessing one of the duo had Rx for Sub, with a dealer ready to buy it the day they picked it up. Then they could use the money for heroin which would cost a few bucks per bag. Like all addicts, the more they had, the more they used. Once they used it up, poop hit the fan. If momma ain’t happy, ain’t no one happy. Moo

7. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Notice Tippy’s timeline, from the middle to the end of a month is when things get real active. I suggest they get Sub, trading or selling it for drugs at the first of the month. Things are hunky dory for a couple of weeks...all seems quiet, but the drugs probably get used up by middle of any given month, leaving two weeks before they can get a good fix. Two addicts in WD without tapering dealing with erratic sleep, irritable kids, improper nutrition, filthy conditions, LE, social services, nosy neighbors, eviction, court appearances and more was a recipe for disaster. Frankly, I’m stunned there was not a triple murder/suicide.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    Subiechik21, AnnaGrace and osu like this.
  8. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

Families get a set amount for food stamps and that is it. Let's also not blame this fiasco on the family dog. There are social workers in Illinois who aren't doing their jobs and are making excuses for the inexcusable. A social worker's job is to guide the family to available resources. The social workers in this case didn't bother to guide this family to help with paying their utilities after police notified them.

The best place to transfer the children is usually to caring and concerned family members. This case had a history of a maternal grandmother successfully fighting for the safety of the older child and she won. She should have been approached about caring for AJ and his brother but was not and that, too, is inexcusable.

The system failed AJ and DCFS admits it.

JMO

9. Boodles

Boodles Well-Known Member

No, not $900 per strip. Rather $900 for the full Rx, which means there were 90 strips.

jash, Subiechik21, AnnaGrace and 2 others like this.
  10. GoBuckeyes

GoBuckeyes Well-Known Member

I agree that they should be prosecuted and sentenced to the fullest extent. But I do not condone further violence perpetrated against them or against any incarcerated individual, regardless of the crime. Period. Our society lacks civility enough without embracing what is just another form of vigilante justice.

Subiechik21, MyBelle, osu and 3 others like this.
  11. GoBuckeyes

I agree with what I think was one of your main points, why take a two-year-old and place him with strangers (his bios)? Too much emphasis on family reunification, imho.

Subiechik21 likes this.
  12. GoBuckeyes

I couldn't agree more with you. If she had asked the foster parents to keep him, I would applaud such an act. I don't see something like that as cold; although, I know some would disagree.

13. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Monday, April 29th:
    *Arraignment Hearing for both (@ 9am CT) – IL – Andrew “AJ” Freund, Jr. (5) (reported missing April 18, 2018, found buried on April 24, 2019, Crystal Lake) - *Andrew T. Freund, Sr. (60) “father” arrested (4/24/19) & charged (4/25/19) with 5 counts of 1st degree murder, 2 counts of aggravated battery, 2 counts of aggravated domestic battery, 1 count of failure to report death of child & 1 count of concealing a homicidal death (burying body) & concealing death of a person. $5M bond.
    *JoAnn D. Cunningham (35) “mom” arrested (4/24/19) & charged (4/25/19) with 5 counts of 1st degree murder, 4 counts of aggravated battery of child, 1 count of aggravated battery, 2 counts of concealment of homicidal death & 1 count of failure to report death of child. $5M bond.
    Arraignment hearing for both on 4/29.

14. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

double post... :rolleyes:

15. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Yes, we figured this out up thread.

Subiechik21 and Tippy Lynn like this.
  16. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Can anyone explain what happened to this poor child?
    Notice his eye brows are nearly gone, his ears are misaligned & his head is distorted. In earlier photos I see a completely different child. He looks very thin with sunken eyes. WTH was going on to cause such abrupt facial changes?

In the photos with him wearing the cap his ears are NOT misaligned & he looks completely different.

If someone can get these three photos side by side, it’d be great. Tysm

Attached Files:

Subiechik21, AnnaGrace and osu like this.
  17. GoBuckeyes

AJ wasn't too young for Adderall. In my experience, I've worked with numerous pre-K kids on it.

18. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

A few pages back I posted several links hoping to clear up the age misconception.
    Also, since he was born addicted he was at an elevated risk for ADHD, among other things, per links.

Subiechik21 likes this.
  19. GoBuckeyes

Poor baby!! He deserved so much better.

Subiechik21 and AnnaGrace like this.
  20. GoBuckeyes

I presume your question is rhetorical...

Subiechik21 and Trudie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.