IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by HayLouise, Apr 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claudianunes

claudianunes Well-Known Member

If I had a child, I could never go for a night out and drink like crazy and then go back home to my child. I would be too scared of blacking out for hours, something could easily happen to a kid when the adults in the home are awake and somewhat alert, let alone when a parent is blacked out after a crazy night. That's why I don't understand how these parents who have these addictions can live with that, knowing that they can black out and their kids can just fall, hit their heads, open the door to a stranger, God knows what.

2. Knox

Knox Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

Maybe ... but I'm leaning the other way. I think Mom did something to AJ and Dad suspects something.

Beyond making faces, noises, and squeezing her eyes to try to make tears roll out. You're right, she can't make eye contact with anyone. There is a reason for that ...
    I'm not judging, merely making an observation; It's been a while since I have seen two bio parents who are as detached as these two are.

jash, AnnaGrace, k8ling0087 and 24 others like this.
  3. MissMalowe

MissMalowe Well-Known Member

Mother Of Missing 5-Year-Old Hires Criminal Defense Attorney

Mom's staying elsewhere, dad remains at the house. Interesting indeed.

What is with the 48 hour (at least) timeframe? Did something domestic come about during interviews with one or both of the parents and police ordered or advised a 48 hour separation? Did mom's lawyer suggest this? Interesting wording about the reason why. Just the video clips of the open garage suggests the house and everything inside it was likely "in pretty rough shape" prior to the search of the house. I'd think the fact that POLICE CLAIMING IT IS A CRIME SCENE would make continuing to stay there far more "depressing" to the mother than the state of the house after a search. But her lawyer (conveniently) made no mention of that being a reason.

Anyone else getting the feeling that there is not a united front or that one or both parents know there won't be soon?

According to police:

-The house is a crime scene.

-There is no evidence to support an abduction.

-Andrew's scent was only found inside the house.

-They do not believe the public is in danger.

So, apart from there being a guest(s) visiting that night or staying at the house with the family that we are not aware of, I can only think of 2 other possibilities.

jash, k8ling0087, GarAndTeed and 16 others like this.
  4. arizona sunshine

arizona sunshine Member

5. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

IMO the Police stating the house is a crime scene is definitely not because of the dogs. There is more. Something else.

6. Knox

BBM- Many of us commented how unusual it was to see DCFS revealing those details.

7. Henry2326

Henry2326 Well-Known Member

Good to know. Any private searches or everyone waiting for LE to give them the go ahead?

Subiechik21, Jim_M and Bugurl747 like this.
  8. Asher32

Asher32 Member

Right! They will jump small over that for a pay day! Clearly the police know way more than what is being let on because there is no way this many days would pass and they wouldn’t be doing major ground searches looking for the child. They must have some knowledge we aren’t privy to and they’re just waiting and hoping the parents slip up enough or turn against one another or they find some quality evidence. It’s only a matter of time before something comes up! Justice for little AJ

jash, AnnaGrace, k8ling0087 and 9 others like this.
  9. misshestermoffet

misshestermoffet Active Member

Yes, spot on with this. I am only reiterating what we've all said before. LE likely knows or has a strong idea of what happened here. I have a lot of faith in this LE presence because the police force immediately called in the FBI and I believe I read somewhere that some of these FBI Agents specialized in child cases (not sure where I read that, will try to find the article).

These are the big guns here and they were on it very quickly, so little time from the initial report to having a massive police presence. LE is revealing quite a bit in their "read between the lines" rhetoric than in most cases that I can even remember with a child missing. The mother got an attorney because she felt like she was a suspect--from her own attorney's mouth--which tells you where LE is directing their path and questioning behind the scenes. They are just waiting for one of them to break. The "we only want to help you," to the father suggests, IMO, that they think he may be covering for the mother or that he knows what happens and that may not believe he was the guilty party initially, but is withholding information.

jash, AnnaGrace, GarAndTeed and 8 others like this.
  10. Knox

They may be quietly searching targeted areas where a cell phone pinged, eyewitness account, or video from cameras are leading them. Wonder if we will learn anything new at the press conference in the morning?

GarAndTeed, osu, Subiechik21 and 4 others like this.
  11. Momofbeau

Momofbeau Well-Known Member

I was trying to be objective in this thread earlier and got jumped on. I live here. It's hard for me not to be objective. I don't want the worst to have happened here. I want to be open to other possibilities but due to history of drug abuse and dcfs involvement, no one seems to want to even go there. I understand but come on! This is websleuths.

12. ilovematt

ilovematt Well-Known Member

I was in a really abusive relationship once in my 20’s in all the ways a human can be abusive to another. I lied to a cop for him one time. It was nothing as serious but still serious and something i could have gotten in huge trouble for. Thinking back I respected the justice system just as much then as I do now. I was a true crime buff then too and understood the repercussions, but I was more afraid of him than any jail. That’s what i see on her face. All my unsubstantiated opinion.

13. Momofbeau

Momofbeau Well-Known Member

It doesn't seem like the mom had much for support and depended solely on him. Maybe he took advantage of that. She had an addiction which rendered her neglectful and helpless.

AnnaGrace, Subiechik21, Jim_M and 3 others like this.
  14. ilovematt

ilovematt Well-Known Member

Is she originally from the states? I know he hooked her after he was her divorce attorney in her 1st marriage that did not include children. Unsure of the rest of her story.

Noharg, Subiechik21 and Jim_M like this.
  15. Mrs Henry

Mrs Henry Well-Known Member

I believe she has an older son from a previous relationship that may or may not be from her first marriage. He appears in photos on her social media. There are also some case files for custody and visitation that date back to January 2013 in the public records.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    osu, Subiechik21, Alcina and 2 others like this.
  16. Henry2326

Henry2326 Well-Known Member

Read Lucas Hernandez threads....34 and counting.

MsArk, Tealgrove, Subiechik21 and 6 others like this.
  17. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

No kids from the first marriage. Must be a prior relationship.

Andrew was listed as an interested party in the divorce as well as being her attorney. Not sure if she knew him before he was her attorney or not.

GarAndTeed, osu, Subiechik21 and 6 others like this.
  18. sassyblue

sassyblue Well-Known Member

It's interesting that 4/17 was the night the little guy disappeared. I wonder if the order to sell the house had anything to do with his disappearance. Parent's were upset that evening?

Knox, btfly547, Scrapper18 and 7 others like this.
  19. IzzyBlanche

IzzyBlanche Well-Known Member

Except law enforcement has ruled out abduction.

Subiechik21, Jim_M and jellybean96 like this.
  20. jellybean96

jellybean96 Well-Known Member

This is squarely where I am. I'd bet just about anyone Mom is responsible but Dad has a hunch.

Mgorules, Knox, GarAndTeed and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.