IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never figured out why bad Mothers continue to have more children. Do they like being pregnant? Do they like the attention of having a new baby? Are they just lazy and don't take birth control?

Reminds me of Diane Downs, who shot her children, and was pregnant AGAIN during her trial!

Hmmm good question maybe to get more money in food stamps to buy drugs? They obviously used money for drugs instead of feeding the hungry kids. Maybe AJ ran away to find food. I would say run AJ run for your life I’ll save you. I’m here baby.

Why only two photos posted of AJ? one with a baseball cap and the other one he looks gaunt with dark circles and eyes sunk deep in the sockets. Maybe these the best she has.

KM- yes you are.....good to see ya.

Might you have any info on trash pickup in that area? The specific day?

No, not sure about their trash pickup day. I went in search of the info online, struck out there too.

I was out and about tonight, and drove by the residence on my way home. So many news crews and vans still camped out.

After reading the posted documents which reveal the filth, lack of food, leaving child home sick and/or scared.....it's just heart wrenching!!

It's still shocking and scary what goes on behind our neighbors doors......wishing there was more we could do for these poor kids....before it's too late. =(

I've worked with drug dependant moms, they tend to be there happiest when pregnant. The moms are high risk and a lot are already working to get their previous kids back from CPS. They never worry about cribs, clothes, bottles, or any other need. Social Services, a church, someone will give them everything they need, and delivery it. There's most always a social or mental health worker making all the preparations

For the life of me. I can't figure it out. I was preparing and worrying from the minute I found out.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you do. It’s got to be a very hard job. I know your hands are tied in some cases because of stupid laws in place. I’m in CA it’s even worse here. Child murders monthly in our state.

Since the brother P is in DCFS now does that mean food stamps and other welfare that was going for P stop since out of parents care? What about subsidy’s for AJ since he is missing not in the home does it stop for him as well?

If it has stopped I’m sure parents flipping out they need that for their drugs.

Whew! I had a lot of catching up to do tonight! I had a bunch of tabs open but there are too many posts that I want to quote so let me say to you all: Thanks for the links and keeping the case updated!

And wow, dad's 911 call. So the gas station he checked appears to be a fib. And I too am waiting to read whether or not he called the school and spoke to the assistant principal.

Dad did quite a job of letting the 911 dispatcher know how thoroughly he and AJ's mom searched. Oh and making sure the dispatcher knew he was out of the house early and so he couldn't have any idea of what happened.

Mom's hiding behind her attorney and seems more concerned with getting her other son back. LE arrested her on a traffic warrant the day AJ was reported as missing - that's significant as we only see that in cases where LE thinks a caretaker is not telling the whole story.

It looks like the doo doo is hitting the fan today - LE pulled out all the stops and is releasing the past history with this family. They haven't named any suspects but I think their message is pretty clear. MOO.

We're probably getting close to a new thread so I'll repost some links for convenience:

Police Calls to Andrew “AJ” Freund home
Documents: 2013 complaint against parents of missing Crystal Lake boy | Northwest Herald
Hearing to determine where missing Crystal Lake boy's brother should live continued | Kane County Chronicle
Police reports from inside home of missing Crystal Lake boy AJ Freund tell of dog feces, broken windows, no power, drug needle
911 call, previous police reports released as Crystal Lake 5-year-old Andrew 'AJ' Freund remains missing

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you do. It’s got to be a very hard job. I know your hands are tied in some cases because of stupid laws in place. I’m in CA it’s even worse here. Child murders monthly in our state.

Since the brother P is in DCFS now does that mean food stamps and other welfare that was going for P stop since out of parents care? What about subsidy’s for AJ since he is missing not in the home does it stop for him as well?

That is one problem, entitlement programs are usually tied to having dependents. The Mother may be eligible for all benefits while pregnant.

I'm trying so hard not to be snarky but mom may be getting 3 meals a day soon and a clean place to "live." If not, she's pregnant so she'll probably still qualify for some aid (food stamps, Medicaid, and WIC). I don't know how it works in IL but here you get a debit card with you food stamps and TNFA loaded on there. I don't know what happens if they lose the card, it gets stolen, or gives it to someone. I'm sure they track that so if one has theirs "stolen" more than once that would be a red flag.

Police records show that Andrew’s mother, Joanne Cunningham, was arrested the same day her son was reported missing on a McHenry County warrant charging her with failing to appear in court on a driving with a suspended license charge.

The arrest stemmed from a December incident when she drove to a Taco Bell to see if someone could call police for her in order to file a burglary report. Cunningham told officers that responded that she believed someone had stolen her phone and medications.

When Cunningham returned to her home with the officers, they asked to look inside and found the dwelling to be “cluttered, dirty and in disrepair,” according to a police report. The officers were concerned about living conditions at the home, noting dog feces and urine throughout the house and broken windows.

The records also noted that portions of the kitchen floor were “jagged and broken off,” the kitchen ceiling appeared to have water damage and several windows were left open.

Upstairs in the room where the boys slept the window was open and the smell of feces was overwhelming,” an officer wrote.

Missing boy, 5, lived in Crystal Lake home full of feces, records show

Wow! She was right on the ball when her medications were missing. Her son, not so much. She makes me sick!

I'm trying so hard not to be snarky but mom may be getting 3 meals a day soon and a clean place to "live." If not, she's pregnant so she'll probably still qualify for some aid (food stamps, Medicaid, and WIC). I don't know how it works in IL but here you get a debit card with you food stamps and TNFA loaded on there. I don't know what happens if they lose the card, it gets stolen, or gives it to someone. I'm sure they track that so if one has theirs "stolen" more than once that would be a red flag.
Geez no wonder she got pregnant maybe if they didn’t qualify for all that these loser abusive parents would stop getting pregnant and not end up in DCFS, sold or dead Ive heard people with those food stamp cards find ways to barter money from them for cash like with people filling up gas stations. I don’t know how that works but that’s what I’ve read

Why was the custodial hearing delayed until Monday?

I know a woman who began getting pregnant at 16. She had 8 successful pregnancies, and gave up every one of the children, for adoption. We adopted her 8th child.

I asked her WHY she kept getting pregnant if she wasn't planning to raise the children. She said she loved being pregnant. People showed her respect, she said. That was a big deal to her.

Some of her children were adopted by her family members, so she does have a few of them in her life.

The Latest: Hearing about missing boy's brother continued

A new attorney is expected to be appointed to the 4-year-old on Wednesday after a conflict of interest was found with the boy's current lawyer Tuesday.

The judge may determine who should have custody of the child on Monday.

I am glad to see it confirmed that the younger sibling is 4, and not 2. A 4 yr old may have a lot of valuable info for the detectives and a good child forensic investigator should be able to unlock it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam