IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by HayLouise, Apr 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I dont think he lost it. The police took it to follow clues.

He has friends and relatives searching for his boy. I think one of them could quickly stop at a store and buy a cheap burner phone, while he went and helped police find his son. JMO

2. AgeofAquaruis

AgeofAquaruis Well-Known Member

Subiechik21, cass523, Jim_M and 4 others like this.
  3. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

Seriously! If this boy is found, the police will have no trouble letting dad know.

4. AgeofAquaruis

Could you sit on mine too? Ughhhhhhhhh

5. Tracee27

Tracee27 Well-Known Member

I’m 10 mins away I’ll go buy the guy a phone right now so he can stay and talk to the police.
    I haven’t heard anything about the 3 year old sibling yet. Has anyone seen anything about where the 3 year old may be??

6. Trish51

Trish51 Well-Known Member

I have been following this story and it's heartbreaking! I, like another poster, can't make a judgement on the parents. To me, in the video, the dad clearly is upset. I can see it in his actions and hear it in his voice. I can't imagine what it would be like to have one of my kids go missing, can't find, police coming, asking me to take me from my home where my child might return to and I wouldn't be there to hug, kiss, and hold them, and then having to deal with cameras and microphones in my face. And, honsetly, I would be asking to get my phone because that's how my child would be able to get a hold of me, especially now that I wouldn't be home! So, my phone would be very important. He also said he had people out looking for his son who needed to get a hold of him. That too is logical and something I would want.

As for the parents being taken to the station, they may have been a distraction to the investigation. Not necessarily to hide stuff but from the stress of the situation. Maybe the parents started arguing and taking them to the station was the best solution so the police could do their work.

It's hard not to be quick in judgement. This makes me think of the Isabel Celis case. So many jumped on the parents did it/hiding something train and years later the found and convicted the man who broke in to the girls room and took her while her parents were sleeping. Her parents went through hell as the public and media basically incriminated them right from the start.

I truly hope that they find this little guy alive and unharmed.

Breazy, keptbycats, dja230 and 29 others like this.
  7. castilloisno1

castilloisno1 Well-Known Member

sorry I can't hear on my laptop,so is the older man the father in the video?? The one with a can in his hand????

8. katydid23

I hope he is with friends or extended family. I am sure police have had him questioned by forensic child psychologists already though. At least I hope so.

Three yr olds are very perceptive. If something scary happened the night the boy went missing, I think the 3 yr old will talk about it. JMO

9. tlorik

tlorik Active Member

Deja vu. I feel like I've been on this ride too many times before.

10. LietKynes

LietKynes If I only ...HAD a brain....

Emph Mine

Yes,he sounds angry and upset.
    And maybe Freund Sr. is annoyed that the police are focusing the search at the house and not down the street or wherever ?

If he knows nothing about why his son is gone ; but LE aren't suspecting that there was an abduction --then yes-- he'd be pretty angry and p.o.'d.
    As in -- look, LE. Why don't you do your job ?

The language from the link at post #151 was odd , imo. "...Let's bring him home..."
    Instead of "Where's my son ? Help us find him,please-- someone, anyone !"
    But that's just MOO.

Amonet, Subiechik21, cass523 and 11 others like this.
  11. Clareneko

Clareneko Shy Cat Lover

The last part is what scares me the most.

Amonet, jash, Subiechik21 and 7 others like this.
  12. angelpecan

angelpecan Member

So the mom has retained a defense lawyer and when the lawyer was asked about Freund Sr. he stated he wasn’t representing him. Hmmmm....

13. OhThatVictoria

OhThatVictoria Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the biological Father is the man that the Mother is currently with or are there two men in the picture?

BelaMcK, TJGirl, Subiechik21 and 6 others like this.
  14. LietKynes

LietKynes If I only ...HAD a brain....

Welcome to WS, Trish ! :D
    Great first post.

We may not always agree... but it's a good group and forum.

I think what started my hinky meter was that AJ was last seen wearing day clothes and shoes. The Ninja turle shoes.

Just an odd fact b/c if the parents last saw him around 9pm before bed-- why didn't he have his pj's on ? And why did he have his shoes on ?

Also, Law Enforcement do not think he walked away from the house and that he wasn't abducted. Which is huge in my eyes... because then how did he vanish from his home ?
    I'm trusting LE on this one.

Amonet, jash, k8ling0087 and 18 others like this.
  15. Peppery

Yes

16. AgeofAquaruis

Reporter: "Of course you're cooperating with police?"
    Father: looks thrown off by that question, takes a bit of a pause. Blah blah blah.
    Then police ask him to come with them so they can help him find his son he refuses.
    WOW.

Amonet, jash, kimpage and 19 others like this.
  17. Peppery

I don’t think that’s too unusual. Especially as it appears dad may be an attorney himself?

Subiechik21, cass523, misgrn and 5 others like this.
  18. MysteryMaven

MysteryMaven Well-Known Member

The man in the news video is AF Sr, Andrew's father. But wasn't it reported the mom and her boyfriend reported little Andrew missing? So if AF Sr. from the video is Andrew's biological father, and the mom has a boyfriend, then AF Sr. doesn't live at the residence on Dole? Trying to put the puzzle together. If he and Andrew's mother aren't together and he doesn't live at the residence I wouldn't be too invested in him as some sort of suspect.

Amonet, AnnaGrace, BelaMcK and 17 others like this.
  19. Trish51

Trish51 Well-Known Member

True! I forgot the shoe detail. Even if one of my kids fell asleep with their clothes on, I would at least take their shoes off before tucking them in.

sparkleghost, Amonet, jash and 18 others like this.
  20. katydid23

I think it is kind of unusual if neither is guilty and neither believes the other one is guilty. This is not like a divorce where they would be pitted against each other.

Amonet, Subiechik21, cass523 and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.