GUILTY IL - Anita 'Jeanie' Kustok, 58, shot to death, Orland Park, 29 Sept 2010

Her funeral was today at 12:30, iirc.

Very possible that the father was banking on the son to make it big in the NFL. Also interesting that they sued the NCAA. I wonder how many other entities he sued in addition to the previous employer.

After digging a little deeper, I found that Zak sued the NCAA so he could play football sooner and not sit out seven games. There had been an error on his exit transcript date from Dotre Dame that was affecting his stance on the NW football team. So it doesn't look like it had anything to do with money, just a legality he had to go through in order to get in the game. He got to play on Oct. 2, otherwise he would have had to wait until Oct. 31. So whatever the rule was that caused the delay along with the mistake on his transcript, he did gain a few weeks of play for his effort.

It seems as if Zak's rise and fall in football during 1999-2004 must have been an emotional time for him and his family.

Surprised to see comments about the Casey Anthony case in this thread - "Casey is sort of in trouble...."

Surprised to see comments about the Casey Anthony case in this thread - "Casey is sort of in trouble...."

It's their signature line. Will show up on all their posts. Nothing odd about it. :)

:waitasec: is right. I wonder how many others he has sued.

Some people feel they always need to right a wrong. The bullheaded type. They probably spend more fighting the wrong than what the fine would have cost him. I'm certainly making assumptions there. But there's the "sue crazies" that feel vindication through the courts is the only vindication.

Of course with that mindset, why not file for divorce and let the court system take care of your marriage, not you and a gun. She seemed like a saint. Divorcing such a woman for another woman (assumption) would not make you father of the year or great guy. But the thing I can't get over is how he thought through the girlfriend thing. They all come out of the woodwork eventually. That's the first thing they look for. That is why I believe that she found out about the girlfriend shortly before she met her demise. Something prompted him to act suddenly. Something he couldn't bear to let her tell.

What does a woman do when they find out their spouse is cheating? Pick up the phone and call someone close to you. Tell them to leave... maybe she did and he was to pack up the next day. Only that wouldn't be necessary. He wasn't going anywhere. He paid for that house full and clear from HIS lawsuit. He wasn't getting kicked out of his house. Too late for her to call the kids. They would find out in the morning. Everyone would. JMO

Pedrosmom, you said,

"He wasn't going anywhere. He paid for that house full and clear from HIS lawsuit. He wasn't getting kicked out of his house."

I thought that there was still a mortgage on the house. Where did you find that information? tia

Pedrosmom, you said,

"He wasn't going anywhere. He paid for that house full and clear from HIS lawsuit. He wasn't getting kicked out of his house."

I thought that there was still a mortgage on the house. Where did you find that information? tia
I thought so also. A rather large mortgage.

Pedrosmom, you said,

Records show the Kustoks paid off their home in the 10900 block of Royal Oaks Lane in 2004 after a jury awarded $800,000 to $900,000 to the family in a civil case against one of Allan Kustok's former employers.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...101001_1_allan-kustok-pete-rush-murder-case/2

Records show the Kustoks paid off their home in the 10900 block of Royal Oaks Lane in 2004 after a jury awarded $800,000 to $900,000 to the family in a civil case against one of Allan Kustok's former employers.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...101001_1_allan-kustok-pete-rush-murder-case/2

Thanks so much for this link. I sure missed it! Under the circumstances, it's sort of a shame that he paid it off, for his victim...

He's not going to need that house now, is he?

So they received close to $900,000 in 06, just 4 years ago. That would easily cover their $650,000 mortgage completely....if they wanted to go that route. Plus, both of them were working and their children are grown. So I'm trying to figure how money issues would play a big part. Of course, sometimes lots of money is a bigger trouble-maker than no money. And then there was that reported "affair."

$900,000 is a good deal of money.

Thanks so much for this link. I sure missed it! Under the circumstances, it's sort of a shame that he paid it off, for his victim...

He's not going to need that house now, is he?

Well, we haven't heard from the girlfriend yet. That will be telling. His secret life will be unveiled soon enough. I would bet that the support he is getting now may change once the girlfriend's story surfaces.

A grand jury has indicted Allan J. Kustok on a first-degree murder charge in the shooting death of his wife Sept. 29 at their home in suburban Orland Park.

The results of the grand jury's finding were revealed today in a brief court appearance for Kustok in Cook County court in Bridgeview.

Appearing unshaven and in a yellow inmate jumpsuit, Kustok, 59, did not say anything. Judge Raymond L. Jagielski set Kustok's arraignment for Nov. 18.

More at link...

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/10/allan-kustok-orland-park-anita-jean-murder.html

I see where the article claims that the house was paid off but there are conflicts to that claim because the settlement was not granted until 2006.

Another article I read states the following (the link won't work:waitasec: Sun-Times again:waitasec:) ~ that the mortgage kept increasing: $538,000 in 2001; $650,000 in 2003;
and $664,000 in 2006. At the same time AK was having trouble finding and/or keeping a job. Could it be he paid off the mortgage in 2006?

"A jury awarded him $1 million in 2006. He and his company settled for a little less."

One would think if your mortgage is paid off you could make due with a much smaller annual salary - like the almost $50,000 he made combined with whatever
JK made as a teacher.

http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/news/2844409-417/kustok-court-wife-accused-anita.html

The 59-year-old businessman accused of killing his wife, Anita “Jeanie” Kustok in their Orland Park home had a routine hearing on the status of his murder case in Cook County Circuit Court in Bridgeview.

Kustok looked back once just before being led out of the courtroom. His son Zak, a former Northwestern University quarterback, and daughter, Sarah, a reporter and anchor on Comcast SportsNet, were not there.

..........................snip......................................

Afterwards, his attorney, Rick Beuke said both had work obligations.

Judge David P. Sterba set a Jan. 21 date

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks