GUILTY IL - Antinette 'Toni' Keller, 18, DeKalb, NIU Student, 14 October 2010

AmandaReckonwith

Defective Detective
Reaction score
Website
app.photobucket.com
Antinette Keller was last seen by friends Thursday Oct 14.

http://www.daily-chronicle.com/articles/2010/10/16/75869567/index.xml

DeKALB – Police are still searching for a missing Northern Illinois University student who was reported missing over the weekend.
Antinette J. Keller, 18, was last seen by friends around noon on Thursday, according to an advisory posted on the NIU Police Department’s website.
The freshman reportedly told friends that she was going for a walk in an area adjacent to West Lincoln Highway near the Junction Center retail complex not far from campus, according to authorities.
NIU spokesman Brad Hoey said police are continuing to search. He said that he did not have any new information to report as of Sunday night.
Officials are looking into some information that was provided to them, Hoey said, adding that information would be released as it became available.
“We are continuing our investigation into this matter and following up on leads,” NIU Police Sgt. Alan Smith said in an e-mail to the Daily Chronicle.
Keller is described as a white female, 5 feet 6 inches tall, approximately 130 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing blue jeans, a gray jacket and a scarf, and was believed to be carrying an art portfolio and a professional camera, according to the advisory. Hoey said that she also lives on campus. Smith said he was unsure of what Keller was studying at NIU, but said possibly was Fine Arts.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missi...ssing-Antinette-Keller/104411449624288?v=info

Amanda, that's a disturbing story, went for a walk by herself and now is missing? Prayers that she is found safely soon.

I would hope they checked with local business establishments in the area to see which had surveillance cameras to see if they could observe her on any of them.

http://www.daily-chronicle.com/articles/2010/10/16/75869567/index.xml

NIU Police Sgt. Alan Smith said Monday there are no updates to report in the case of Antinette J. Keller, 18, who was last seen about noon on Thursday. Police continue to search for Keller and to follow up new leads, he said.

Keller, a freshman art student, was last seen at her on-campus residence hall, Neptune North. Friends told police she had planned to go for a walk near the Junction Center shopping complex on West Lincoln Highway that afternoon.

Her family had expected Keller to come home to Plainfield for the weekend, said her grandmother, Joan Knable. She was supposed to have called her mother on Friday to arrange for someone to pick her up.

That she went missing during the middle of the day is of concern.
did she leave willingly? Was she upset or down about anything? Has LE reviewed survellience video of the area she was supposed to walk? Interviewed business owners and put the word out for customers who may have been shopping and seen anything?

I went to NIU - but that was 25 or so years ago. NIU was known as the 'suitcase' college because back then a lot of people went home for the weekend. "Party night" was Thursday nights back then.... so I thought perhaps she went missing from a party, but of course not with the daytime disappearance.

I wonder if she would have accepted a ride from someone claiming to be a student?

I sure hope LE is looking at survellience video and doing interviews to determine if she in fact made it to the area she was going to walk.

Hoping she is found safely and soon!

This has been all over the local news and several promos for the 10:00p news. First reports said that LE do not suspect foul play but by now I'm thinking that must have changed. It's 8:28pm right now in Chicago - I'll watch the 10pm news and let you know what the reports are.

Let's all hope this beautiful girl is found safe. moo

ETA: she is an artist and went into the woods with her camera and art portfolio . (something like that_ no cell phone use. Wonder about pings. moo

I thought she was walking to the shopping area. I did not realize she intended to walk in the wooded area:

Friends told police Keller was planning to take a walk in a wooded area near the Junction Center shopping complex on West Lincoln Highway.

sounds eerily reminiscent of Chandra Levy walking in the park. I seriously hope I am wrong on that one.

**snip**

“She’s very independent, outgoing. She’s kind of shy, but once you get to know her she’s very, very outgoing. She’s super fun,” Unterborn said. “Very, very artsy. You give her a pen and paper she’d create a masterpiece.” *snip*

http://napervillesun.suntimes.com/news/2027930-418/keller-niu-unterborn-seen-art.html

She just graduated from high school this last June...is a freshman at Northern Illinois in DeKalb. moo

Any official searches going on for her?

Any official searches going on for her?

Hi Cubby, DeKalb and Northern Illinois LE searched all weekend and today, grid searches. LE found nothing, not even the art portfolio she went into the woods carrying. Not yet anyway.

she graduated in June and lives in Plainfield. Not very far from Northern, maybe an hours drive or less on the tollway. Her parents never got a call Friday to pick her up. moo

add link: http://napervillesun.suntimes.com/news/2027930-418/keller-niu-unterborn-seen-art.html

10P news had nothing new. Antinette took her professional camera and portfolio into the woods, about one mile from the campus of NU. Students helped in the search and found nothing. moo

FYI: Antinette went to Indiana and joined Habitat this past summer to build a home for the poor. moo

I hope she is found okay. It doesn't sound good when someone doesn't use their cell phone for days to me. I am a recent NIU graduate and live 15 minutes from the Dekalb campus, and this is the first I have heard of this. I guess I don't watch the news enough.

OT - NIU is still a suitcase school Cubby. :)

Thank you Soul125.

IMO, this sounds like accident to me. I think if she was followed, LE may have found evidence of such near the strip mall. Not to say that is not a possibility, I just don't believe I have seen any info suggesting foul play.

If wonder if Antinette was the type to stay close to trails or not while exploring the forest area near the shopping mall? I'd like to know more about this wooded area. Especially if there are a lot of marshy area's nearby. I know this is a long shot, and I don't know enough about this immediate area, but there are plenty of 'off road' type places in the area's in the vicinity with deep marshy area's (I know this from getting stuck 6 wheeling and walking out knee deep with a 7 yr old on my back). If she had expensive equipment and walked into a marshy area not knowing, she could have easily fallen, dropped her belongs and become caught when trying to retrieve them. I hope that is not the case. I hope she is safe and just needed some time away....

I'd also like to know more about how she reacted over the recent breakup.
She doesn't appear to be someone who would get down easily.
She appears to be very interested in pursuing her education and art career.

Please come home safely Antinette. We are all praying for your safe return.

This mornings news still no sign of foul play...... no sign that she would run away.

Hoping for more news soon. Maybe there will be something on the noon news.

It was homecoming weekend before she disappeared. This means that a lot of police officers were in the area all weekend starting on Thurday. But it also means that a lot of different people that weren't normally on campus or in the area were here. Also, after the shooting a few years ago less people decided to go home but she was a Freshmen so she may have been homesick. I've seen the area around the Junction and it's always crowded with people during the day because of several resturants and a bunch of stores.

Also, around the Junction there is a wooded area to the left and behind it is railroad tracks that cross over into a nature area with several streams and creeks. The area has heavy traffic for joggers and walkers because of a paved nature trail.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back