IL - Attorneys Thomas Johnson & wife Leslie Jones, found stabbed to death, Chicago, 15 Apr 2020

Johnson had represented Barack Obama and former Chicago mayor Harold Washington.

[URL="https://heavy.com/news/2020/04/thomas-johnson-leslie-jones/"]Thomas Johnson & Leslie Jones: Chicago Lawyers Murdered | Heavy.com
[/URL]

The Chicago Tribune reported
that Johnson served on the board since 1991 and oversaw its hearings into the four officers “accused of covering up the investigation into the 2014 Laquan McDonald shooting.” Other high profile cases involved the shooting deaths of Bettie Jones, 55, Quintonio LeGrier, 19, and LaTanya Haggerty, 26.

Adding this from the local paper: Losing Tom and Leslie

From the article:
Jones and her husband were both extremely passionate about finding secure, loving homes for children in need. Jones spent many years on the board of Hephzibah Children's Association, while Johnson coached dozens of Oak Park children in T-ball. Together, they welcomed numerous foster children into their family and opened their home to many of those who needed one most.

About Hephzibah:
What makes Hephzibah unique is that it offers intense psychological services for the youngest and hardest-to-place children with special needs, while also providing a home where they are matched with adoptive parents. It also serves as a critical way station to stabilize children before they can move on to foster care. Children may live there from three months to two years.

HEPHZIBAH HOME IS PLACE DCFS KIDS CALL THEIR OWN

Last edited:
I wonder whether they had a security system with video? Oak Park Police asking for help from the public, JMO, sounds like they're looking for people who may have seen the killers or a vehicle, etc.
The OP Police department put out another request today for video going back to a week before the crime occurred. Want to see if they can identify anything that was unusual or out of place long before it happened. Though keep in mind we (the public at least) have no definitive on when this actually occurred. We only know when they were discovered after a wellness check on that Monday evening.

BBM

Any statement in the media from any of these four individuals?

Location, just curious, wondering where their children went to college & where they live now.

JMHO YMMV
If it is out there in legitimate news sources it's fine to bring here, but we don't sleuth victims families who have not been named a POI and then post it here.

Very hi profile case, LE needs to have all their ducks in a row . Long time practicing attorneys can you imagine the client list !! And this gentleman sat on board that looks at officer involved cases. They have a crew of investigators on this .I Hope. ..MOO

Very hi profile case, LE needs to have all their ducks in a row . Long time practicing attorneys can you imagine the client list !! And this gentleman sat on board that looks at officer involved cases. They have a crew of investigators on this .I Hope. ..MOO

quite a few of his better-known clients are listed in his 'resume' in post #29

I thought this would be solved by now.

Chicago-area police, and I lump Oak Park in there, too, are not particularly gifted crime solvers these days if their stats say anything about it.

Oak Park had two homicides in 2018. One was a domestic assault as a result of a mental health situation and the other is an unsolved stabbing of an elderly man in his home. Go figure.

Last edited:
Chicago-area police, and I lump Oak Park in there, too, are not particularly gifted crime solvers these days if their stats say anything about it.

Oak Park had two homicides in 2018. One was a domestic assault as a result of a mental health situation and the other is an unsolved stabbing of an elderly man in his home. Go figure.
That sucks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back