Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, how can FB administrators confirm something like this? For it to be true, 1) a FB administrator would have to be told something by JW and 2) the FB administrator would have to hear from LE that JW had told LE the same thing.

I am having a really hard time believing that close-lipped Woodstock PD would ever confirm any statement made by anybody.

So, while a FB administrator might say it's so, should the word "confirmed" be used on this site about such a claim?

AGM is not just a FB admin she is a point of contact for the LE too for the family.

AGM is not just a FB admin she is a point of contact for the LE too for the family.

Which, IMO, makes NO sense. AGM is a neighbor, rite? Again, never have I seen a missing persons case ran like this.. and I think Cubby is exactly right. No disrespect intended, its just strange, IMO... So, are you saying that AGM is the point of contact between LE and family? Huh?

And I agree that other cases need attention. Sorry, but this case really makes my head hurt. Everyday.:banghead:

IMHO AGM has no idea what she is doing and has really hampered this case . Tunnel vision is not the way to get help to solve this case . FB group has little interaction with the people trying to help . KB, SG , & AGM have put a bad taste in people's mouths with the demeaning comments made to posters . It is very disheartning . They do not want the help that is offered , they want only there views expressed . Has made alot of good hearted people turn away from trying to find Beth .

Which, IMO, makes NO sense. AGM is a neighbor, rite? Again, never have I seen a missing persons case ran like this.. and I think Cubby is exactly right. No disrespect intended, its just strange, IMO... So, are you saying that AGM is the point of contact between LE and family? Huh?

And I agree that other cases need attention. Sorry, but this case really makes my head hurt. Everyday.:banghead:

Ding! We have a winner.

VG Post Sad

IMHO AGM has no idea what she is doing and has really hampered this case . Tunnel vision is not the way to get help to solve this case . FB group has little interaction with the people trying to help . KB, SG , & AGM have put a bad taste in people's mouths with the demeaning comments made to posters . It is very disheartning . They do not want the help that is offered , they want only there views expressed . Has made alot of good hearted people turn away from trying to find Beth .

I agree. AGM is just the neighbor and why would SB, an educated attorney, allow her to hear ANYTHING from the LE when he should be perfectly capable, along with perhaps another family member, maybe one of BB's oldest sons???? It has never made sense from day one.

Second, AGM knows both JW & BB, and knows lots of personal information about both of them. So how do you stay impartial, level headed, and focused on the facts of the case and finding Beth?

I believe AGM's intentions were good at first, to just try to help spread the word. But look at what has transpired on the FB page in 2 months time....it went from lots of people posting and coming up with therories, sending prayers etc and now, if you say anything that admin does not agree with, poof, you're deleted or ignored. If you ask questions they don't want to answer, poof, you're deleted or ignored. Of course, they will say that is not how it is, but it is, and a lot of people feel that way and that is exactly why so many people have lost interest in this case and are no longer active on her FB page.

Why isn't SB front and center? HE IS AN ATTORNEY for pete's sake! He has an education in radio & television. This guy can't stand up and take some action? This is not a 90 year old, frail, sick and fragile man who can't handle this. It is my opinion that there is something about SB that has not been said. Something is being kept hidden and I wonder what it is. How can his wife go out every night and he not know about it? You'd have to be passed out or in a coma to not see it. Wouldn't surprise me if some news comes out about SB. With everything that has come out since the start of this case, nothing will suprise me.

I hope Beth is found, I really do. But with the way these first 2 months have been handled, I'm losing faith that there will ever be any answers. JMO.

I agree...

AGM is, as far as I can tell, is the only one in contact with the family. SG, as stated on the FB page, lives something like 9 hours away (if I remember correctly, but definitely not in the area), and aside from being AGM's sister, I'm not sure how she's related to any of this... KB lives near Centralia, I guess, but has never met BB...

but these are the main folks running the FB page and giving out the information (sometimes stating things as though they are fact).

Meanwhile we hear little or nothing from SB or from BB's adult children... not to mention LE.

Very, very strange, in my opinion.

I'm just not getting the feeling that those in the know are taking this very seriously... or at least there has been a long strange transformation from the apparent panic and concern with which this whole thing started to what seems a lot more like biding time at this point.

Lastly... and this is my opinion only... but there seems to be a lot of damage control regarding BB's reputation... almost too much, for someone that might no longer be with us.

If one thought that their friend might be the victim of foul play, one might assume that the story, and all it's sordid details, will eventually become public, once the crime is solved, regardless of your attempts to protect their reputation. If you thought they might come back, however, I could see trying to protect their reputation, to make their return less painful.

I pray everyday for Beth , her family , and her friends . I attended the fundraiser and participated , but was very suprised by the behavior of some of the main players in this case . People were not very warm nor welcoming , to the people that showed up . It is a very sad situation , but the main contact in this case is not very people friendly . I think it is time to get someone is truely versed in finding the missing . Everyday that goes by it is getting harder and harder to find Beth .

I had been thinking today, too, where we all thought it was odd that BB let JW have the rental.

A. What if BB planned on disappearing? If I were, I would say "Crap, just take the darn car. I don't care. No skin off my back. My other identity does not need BB's credit record "

B. BB bought a car and many other things for JW, if we are to believe what is reported. What's one more expense, letting JW take the rental while the "friend" drives her back to Woodstock.

C. If you are going to vanish, why call SB your hubby and say you are on your way home? Buy some time by having a flat tire story, I got paint in my hair, have to have JW help me remove it, we are on Rend Lake and have some boat troubles, any means to delay. I personally do not delay coming home by calling someone and saying I am on my way.

I also go back to the fact that I just do not believe anything happened at the MV house. I cannot see how it could be up for sale if someone was hurt there when anyone can feel free to wander around and look for evidence there. Case in point, the WS that have. The house being for sale makes it hard to believe. And yes, I do realize the Peterson house went up for sale after Laci went missing, but the husband leaving for Mexico with his hair dyed kind of made it obvious who did it, and the residence had already been searched.

Once again, back to square one. Seriously though, even when someone is expected to have run away, search parties are still gathered, sometimes several time. Why not this case?:banghead:

If LE knows almost for sure that BB ran away and believes JW for the most part, I wish they would release a short statement to just let it go, or that they suspect it was a runaway, as they do when teens go missing. Along with a description of the car or whatever they know about who she left with, so that I personally can chalk this case up to another selfish parent leaving their kids and ignore it. I just am not at the point where anyone has pointed me completely to the fleeing responsibilities direction yet.

I'm just not getting the feeling that those in the know are taking this very seriously... or at least there has been a long strange transformation from the apparent panic and concern with which this whole thing started to what seems a lot more like biding time at this point.

Great post.

In response to this paragraph. I am taking this case very seriously. But it is hard to compete with "total air." I know that sounds funny, but whenever you get in an argument with a child ... they always comeback with "Why?" and it's hard to prevail or persuade.

Great post.

In response to this paragraph. I am taking this case very seriously. But it is hard to compete with "total air." I know that sounds funny, but whenever you get in an argument with a child ... they always comeback with "Why?" and it's hard to prevail or persuade.

I agree that you and many others are taking this case very seriously. But I also think that the many resources provided at the beginning were not utilized properly. And I know a grown man that comes back with why to everything when he doesnt want to tell the truth.

Great post.

Agreed.

I wasn't really thinking of you when I posted that... I should have clarified and said the FB group, not "those in the know". I wouldn't put you in that group, obviously.

Great post.

But it is hard to compete with "total air." I know that sounds funny, but whenever you get in an argument with a child ... they always comeback with "Why?" and it's hard to prevail or persuade.

respectfully snipped

You are absolutely right.

Agreed.

I wasn't really thinking of you when I posted that... I should have clarified and said the FB group, not "those in the know". I wouldn't put you in that group, obviously.

HAHAHHA.. I dont think that came off the way you intended...

unless you meant that JAL is not "in the know"? Thanks for a chuckle...

My thoughts on SB , he is very involved in finding BB . IMHO , SB loves his wife more than anything in the world , he thought he knew her . She disappears , JW then tells not only SB , but anyone that knows BB all kinds of sorid details about BB other life . SB is devastated and that is putting it mildly . Instead of JW looking or trying to help find BB , she spends her days after BB vanishs to badmouth her bf to anyone that will listen . She changes her story everytime she speaks . Did BB vanish willingly , IDK , MHO is no. What does the lieing tell us ?? Maybe it is just a sport that JW is not very good at , or much more sinister motives . I will continue my search and I hope you will also , for BB.

I'm thankful for AGM, without her there would be no facebook page, no media, no interest, SB and JW could just go on with their lives, and Beth would soon be forgotten about.

I disagree , there would have been others that would have stepped up to the plate. The way the FB page has been run it has turned people off of participating . It is sad , but the word still needs to be spread that Beth is missing . And people are not continuing to do that .

Oh.. I agree that lies have been told cubby, but IMO its more important why lies were told, and who they were told to..than what the lies actually were. Kwim? Seems to me JW told LE she took BB to the Amtrak Train Station. Never saw her enter the station or wait with her for the train. (She left her in the parking lot or on the curb) Because she knew BB wasnt intending on taking a train. JW may have told SB BB was taking a train back at that point instead of telling him the truth that she was meeting someone there. So SB passes on to LE that JW told him BB was taking a train, although BB never told him that. LE assumes thats why she was left there. Assumes she was catching the 6oclock train because of what SB said. Media reports are released and in the meantime JW tells LE that BB was meeting someone, not catching a train. JW tells BB's friends before LE knocks on the mans door. I just think some of her "lies" were told to protect someone other than herself or BB. Just my (not worth so much opinions). I still have only one fact to go on.. BB is missing.

BBM

Since I never heard back from WPD if they want the messages I exchanged with JW I guess I might as well post this.

In my private messages with JW she told me that Beth was going to meet one of her boyfriends and was not supposed to meet back up with Beth later because Beth was going to be with him all night. Beth also wanted to go to the city to get some "happy pills". (I asked which city but got no answer, she sidestepped this question like most others direct questions I asked too)

JW also said that Beth was having sex with many men and one of them was one of her best friends hubby and that this guy was from Woodstock. JW further said that over the weekend this guy text Beth and wrote that he was going to tell his wife everything. (It might be JW has this backwards and that Beth threatened to tell his wife everything. It would be beyond me as to why a guy would voluntarily tell his wife he is having an affair unless she already knew) JW also said that this guy and his wife had just had a baby. I think the baby Beth is seen holding in some pictures on fb might be this baby.

This guy from Woodstock that just had a baby with his wife, could have been the mystery man that Beth was meeting and who JW was maybe lying to also protect. Maybe they spoke after the message Beth received or maybe Beth even sent messages to him and they agreed to meet to discuss their relationship regardless of who was going to tell the wife everything. Perhaps something went wrong during this meeting. Beth got angry and the mystery man harmed Beth or Beth could of even overdosed. Maybe he has her shacked up somewhere too, who knows. All we know for sure is Beth is missing and if anyone knows where she is they are not talking. Does anyone here know of any of Beth's best friends that just had a baby that would have been from Woodstock?

My theory used to be Beth overdosed in Mt Vernon at the rehab house and was disposed of, but now I'm thinking of changing it it to this. It would explain a lot more of the thing JW has posted about the boyfriend and drugs, why Beth would be meeting someone that late in the weekend, why the train story, what JAL said about Beth's car in JW's garage, the supposed trip to WI to see the sick relative of JW's, why JW didn't answer SB's call on Monday and when and why JW changed her story among other things.

So here it is:

Beth parks her car in JW's garage and rents a car to drive to Mt Vernon with JW because she is planning a weekend with this mystery guy and intends to drive back home to Woodstock with him. Mystery man is supposed to meet up with Beth early that weekend and they go somewhere nice for the weekend alone. Romance is in the air, Beth packs her bags. Beth and JW drive to Mt. Vernon. JW has the rental car to drive back to Woodstock by herself, Beth will be dropped off to get her car in JW's garage when mystery man drops her off in Woodstock before returning home himself. (That explains the car in the garage) Beth tells SB she is going with JW to WI to visit JW's sick relative because JW doesn't like to drive alone so SB is not suspicious of Beth being gone. (This explains the call between JW and who ever when she says she is in WI but is really lost in IL, and the driving alone part) There are many communications between the mystery man and Beth that weekend because he doesn't show up in Mt Vernon when he is supposed to as planned, but finally after the text about telling his wife everything or maybe Beth threatens she was going to tell his wife everything, he decides to drives South (Mt Vernon) to meet Beth on Sunday to talk things over with her and clam her down. The plan is then leave with him and go to the city to get some happy pills (that explains the drugs as posted by JW) and maybe spend Sunday night in the city if all goes well and then on to Woodstock Monday before SB is wondering where Beth is. If there is no reconcile between the Beth and the mystery man then it's back to Woodstock late Sunday night. Beth calls home and talks to SB at 4:15 on Sunday telling him she will be home either late Sunday night or Monday morning because she is unsure if her and the mystery man will be spending the night together or just driving straight back to Woodstock knowing their meeting might not go so well. Pizza is ordered while they wait for the mystery man to show up, who knows if it was picked up. Finally the mystery man shows up and Beth and he leave to go to the city. (JW knows who Beth is meeting that explains not asking questions, but is told by LE not to release his name) Something goes wrong (overdose, fight) when Beth is with the mystery man Sunday night in the city and Beth ends up dead. He destroys her phone (maybe it even went dead prior to this and there is no ping information) and dumps her body in the city somewhere and returns to Woodstock that night or the next day on Monday. JW drives back to Woodstock in the rental car on Monday as planned without a care in the world thinking her Beth is safe and sound with the mystery man. (Now that part makes sense) SB is trying to call Beth to find out where she is but gets no answer because the phone is gone. SB is also trying to get a hold of JW to find out where Beth is but JW doesn't answer her phone because she doesn't want to be confronted by SB because Beth is really supposed to be with her. (That explains JW not answering the phone) JW just thinks Beth has just not made it home yet and will eventually get there safe and sound and all will be fine. Meanwhile JW is trying to call Beth to tell her SB is calling her and that she has not answered his calls to plan what will be said when they do talk to SB but gets no answer from Beth. The train story is then made up by JW to cover for herself as to why Beth is not with her when SB finally gets a hold of her later Monday night and this story is then told to LE by SB. (JW doesn't even know herself where Beth is at this time and still doesn't) LE starts looking into if Beth took the train but when LE can find no proof of Beth ever being on the train. LE confronts JW about this she has then come to the conclusion Beth is really missing and is not just running late, JW then comes clean about everything when questioned by LE. (explains changing the story to just dropped Beth off but not if he picked her up in Mt. Vernon) Then LE finally releases that Beth may never even took the train. LE might not know about this particular mystery man or even have questioned him and might even have their suspicions about him but with no proof of foul play LE's hands might be tied as far as warrants for his, JW's and other players phone records. Beth is still missing.

Find the body and I think an arrest will shortly follow.

That's it in a nut shell.....

Does anyone know the whereabouts of the husband of Beth's friend that just had the baby the Sunday and Monday prior to Beth being reported missing? The mystery man that was meeting Beth could have been someone else from the Woodstock area too, the theory will work with any one that was supposed to meet Beth and then drop her back off at JW's to get her car. But with this guy it explains why he might of showed up later in the weekend.

I would think that LE would be able to retrieve Beth's text messages to verify if this message about him telling his wife took place as JW told me and maybe other messages too. Of course all of that JW told me could be lies also. Who knows at this point.

OK go ahead and pick it apart. I'm sure there are some holes in it somewhere but it is a start. Maybe we can discuss this theory and tweak it to where it makes even more sense, it's better then discussing the admin fighting with everyone on fb.

Of course all this is JMO unless some parts have already been verified as the facts of the case... (Which I'm stating to forget what they were :waitasec:)

BBM

Since I never heard back from WPD if they want the messages I exchanged with JW I guess I might as well post this.

In my private messages with JW she told me that Beth was going to meet one of her boyfriends and was not supposed to meet back up with Beth later because Beth was going to be with him all night. Beth also wanted to go to the city to get some "happy pills". (I asked which city but got no answer, she sidestepped this question like most others direct questions I asked too)

JW also said that Beth was having sex with many men and one of them was one of her best friends hubby and that this guy was from Woodstock. JW further said that over the weekend this guy text Beth and wrote that he was going to tell his wife everything. (It might be JW has this backwards and that Beth threatened to tell his wife everything. It would be beyond me as to why a guy would voluntarily tell his wife he is having an affair unless she already knew) JW also said that this guy and his wife had just had a baby. I think the baby Beth is seen holding in some pictures on fb might be this baby.

This guy from Woodstock that just had a baby with his wife, could have been the mystery man that Beth was meeting and who JW was maybe lying to also protect. Maybe they spoke after the message Beth received or maybe Beth even sent messages to him and they agreed to meet to discuss their relationship regardless of who was going to tell the wife everything. Perhaps something went wrong during this meeting. Beth got angry and the mystery man harmed Beth or Beth could of even overdosed. Maybe he has her shacked up somewhere too, who knows. All we know for sure is Beth is missing and if anyone knows where she is they are not talking. Does anyone here know of any of Beth's best friends that just had a baby that would have been from Woodstock?

My theory used to be Beth overdosed in Mt Vernon at the rehab house and was disposed of, but now I'm thinking of changing it it to this. It would explain a lot more of the thing JW has posted about the boyfriend and drugs, why Beth would be meeting someone that late in the weekend, why the train story, what JAL said about Beth's car in JW's garage, the supposed trip to WI to see the sick relative of JW's, why JW didn't answer SB's call on Monday and when and why JW changed her story among other things.

So here it is:

Beth parks her car in JW's garage and rents a car to drive to Mt Vernon with JW because she is planning a weekend with this mystery guy and intends to drive back home to Woodstock with him. Mystery man is supposed to meet up with Beth early that weekend and they go somewhere nice for the weekend alone. Romance is in the air, Beth packs her bags. Beth and JW drive to Mt. Vernon. JW has the rental car to drive back to Woodstock by herself, Beth will be dropped off to get her car in JW's garage when mystery man drops her off in Woodstock before returning home himself. (That explains the car in the garage) Beth tells SB she is going with JW to WI to visit JW's sick relative because JW doesn't like to drive alone so SB is not suspicious of Beth being gone. (This explains the call between JW and who ever when she says she is in WI but is really lost in IL, and the driving alone part) There are many communications between the mystery man and Beth that weekend because he doesn't show up in Mt Vernon when he is supposed to as planned, but finally after the text about telling his wife everything or maybe Beth threatens she was going to tell his wife everything, he decides to drives South (Mt Vernon) to meet Beth on Sunday to talk things over with her and clam her down. The plan is then leave with him and go to the city to get some happy pills (that explains the drugs as posted by JW) and maybe spend Sunday night in the city if all goes well and then on to Woodstock Monday before SB is wondering where Beth is. If there is no reconcile between the Beth and the mystery man then it's back to Woodstock late Sunday night. Beth calls home and talks to SB at 4:15 on Sunday telling him she will be home either late Sunday night or Monday morning because she is unsure if her and the mystery man will be spending the night together or just driving straight back to Woodstock knowing their meeting might not go so well. Pizza is ordered while they wait for the mystery man to show up, who knows if it was picked up. Finally the mystery man shows up and Beth and he leave to go to the city. (JW knows who Beth is meeting that explains not asking questions, but is told by LE not to release his name) Something goes wrong (overdose, fight) when Beth is with the mystery man Sunday night in the city and Beth ends up dead. He destroys her phone (maybe it even went dead prior to this and there is no ping information) and dumps her body in the city somewhere and returns to Woodstock that night or the next day on Monday. JW drives back to Woodstock in the rental car on Monday as planned without a care in the world thinking her Beth is safe and sound with the mystery man. (Now that part makes sense) SB is trying to call Beth to find out where she is but gets no answer because the phone is gone. SB is also trying to get a hold of JW to find out where Beth is but JW doesn't answer her phone because she doesn't want to be confronted by SB because Beth is really supposed to be with her. (That explains JW not answering the phone) JW just thinks Beth has just not made it home yet and will eventually get there safe and sound and all will be fine. Meanwhile JW is trying to call Beth to tell her SB is calling her and that she has not answered his calls to plan what will be said when they do talk to SB but gets no answer from Beth. The train story is then made up by JW to cover for herself as to why Beth is not with her when SB finally gets a hold of her later Monday night and this story is then told to LE by SB. (JW doesn't even know herself where Beth is at this time and still doesn't) LE starts looking into if Beth took the train but when LE can find no proof of Beth ever being on the train. LE confronts JW about this she has then come to the conclusion Beth is really missing and is not just running late, JW then comes clean about everything when questioned by LE. (explains changing the story to just dropped Beth off but not if he picked her up in Mt. Vernon) Then LE finally releases that Beth may never even took the train. LE might not know about this particular mystery man or even have questioned him and might even have their suspicions about him but with no proof of foul play LE's hands might be tied as far as warrants for his, JW's and other players phone records. Beth is still missing.

Find the body and I think an arrest will shortly follow.

That's it in a nut shell.....

Does anyone know the whereabouts of the husband of Beth's friend that just had the baby the Sunday and Monday prior to Beth being reported missing? The mystery man that was meeting Beth could have been someone else from the Woodstock area too, the theory will work with any one that was supposed to meet Beth and then drop her back off at JW's to get her car. But with this guy it explains why he might of showed up later in the weekend.

I would think that LE would be able to retrieve Beth's text messages to verify if this message about him telling his wife took place as JW told me and maybe other messages too. Of course all of that JW told me could be lies also. Who knows at this point.

OK go ahead and pick it apart. I'm sure there are some holes in it somewhere but it is a start. Maybe we can discuss this theory and tweak it to where it makes even more sense, it's better then discussing the admin fighting with everyone on fb.

Of course all this is JMO unless some parts have already been verified as the facts of the case... (Which I'm stating to forget what they were :waitasec:)

There is a Woodstock "Mystery Man" , LE have already spoken with .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr