Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #7

I am writing a story on Beth and when it is finished it will be posted on www.vanishedinillinois.com
If anyone would like to share information or have an interview with me please contact me at
chicagocrimesearch@gmail.com
I investigated this back 3 months after she went missing and now I believe it's time to share with the public what is known to be true.

I don't believe I have broken any rules and I've been here for quite a few years so if I did break any please let me know or delete this. I just know that many people have talked about this case, but it's time it went public. All of it.

CCS, I would like to read it, will you please let me know when you are finished? Just give a shout out in the thread as I will be looking for it.
I don't have time to invest in another case or to read 7 closed threads to catch up, but I am interested in her story.
Also, do you know what possible matches she may have been suggested for, if any? It's going on 7 years now since this woman vanished.
Such a tragedy.
Thanks!

From sadnpod's link:
(BBM)

Information was developed which led the ISP to a rural location in Jefferson County and on December 4, 2017, suspected human remains were recovered at the location.
Investigators are working to positively identify the remains which were badly burned. The ISP and Woodstock PD are actively investigating Bentley’s disappearance.

This breaks my heart to learn, but I'm hoping it leads to closure and that justice will be served. Thanks for the update, sadnpod.

I am so sorry. I thought I opened this thread.

Please forgive me. The top of my head has always been soft and I bump it a lot. heh.

Thanks,
Tricia

Thank you for reopening the thread, Tricia.

According to ISP, badly burned human remains, along with other possible evidence, was found earlier this month in rural Jefferson County, Illinois, not far from where Beth went missing.

Due to the sensitive nature of years investigation, the authorities are not revealing the location the remains were found.

Off to find some of the links.

Family asked court to declare Beth deceased.

http://www.nwherald.com/2017/12/15/...-woodstock-woman-dead-documents-show/a23v38b/

Interesting stuff at link. Beth apparently had no money and no assets. 7 years is standard in Illinois, so nothing unusual there. However, LE, specifically had the probate court seal certain documents to prevent them from interfering with the investigation into Beths disappearance.

SB, filed the petition to have Beth declared deceased in August, the probate case is still pending.

I wasn't on websleuths back when this case broke, but it's overwhelmingly obvious that the friend who claimed to have dropped Beth off at the train station was lying and had participated in Beth's murder.

http://www.nwherald.com/2012/03/21/...t-match-story-in-bentley-case/ahb4fqv/?page=2

Police say phone records don’t match story in Bentley case

Police now say Wyatt was lying when she said she did not have contact with Bentley on or after May 25, 2010.

They also say Wyatt lied when she said she dropped Bentley off at an Amtrak station in Centralia so that Bentley could take a train back to Chicago.

Phone records indicate that Wyatt had made a call to the phone number belonging to Bentley later than Wyatt initially told police, said lead detective Jeff Parsons with the Woodstock Police Department. Contact was made “numerous times,” Parsons said.

http://www.nwherald.com/2017/12/14/...-woodstock-womans-2010-disappearance/aevwwia/

Information was developed which led LE to the remains and other evidence.... It sounds like someone finally came forward with information.
I wonder if the timing has anything to do with the pending probate case, or if it's just coincidence and someone fessed up the location as a means to make a deal for themselves in another case.

It will be interesting to see how this develops.

http://www.nwherald.com/2017/12/14/...-woodstock-womans-2010-disappearance/aevwwia/

Information was developed which led LE to the remains and other evidence.... It sounds like someone finally came forward with information.
I wonder if the timing has anything to do with the pending probate case, or if it's just coincidence and someone fessed up the location as a means to make a deal for themselves in another case.

It will be interesting to see how this develops.

Likely won't be any new developments until the remains are positively identified,

There was a comment on the FB page I linked to up thread about where the remains were supposedly found.

I know there was a burn pit at the house that was being rehabbed by JW's boyfriend and brother. Not sure if it's the same location or not.

There was a also supposedly some burnt clothing (under wire from bra) found that was reported to LE. Not sure on that location.

Thanks Cubby,

Sadly it might take months for the remains to be identified.

JMO

Likely won't be any new developments until the remains are positively identified,

There was a comment on the FB page I linked to up thread about where the remains were supposedly found.

I know there was a burn pit at the house that was being rehabbed by JW's boyfriend and brother. Not sure if it's the same location or not.

There was a also supposedly some burnt clothing (under wire from bra) found that was reported to LE. Not sure on that location.

Thanks, I'll check out the Facebook page shortly. I don't recall the exact details of the rehab property. Especially the lot size and whether it was adjacent to any forested or unoccupied land.

JW was quoted in recent msm, so at least she isnt,or wasnt, on the run as of the date she was interviewed.

If dentals are available it could be a matter of days for a forensic odontologist to make an official id.

The Beth Bentley case is what brought me to Websleuths back in 2010 which is when I became a member here. I have since spoken to Tricia, and would like to know if I have gotten my status change as an insider, because I'm not sure what I can say and what I can't say. What I know I can say... is that while there was in fact much drama back then, there are may of us that kept heart in Beth's story for Beth and for her children. I am hoping someone can get back to me to see what I need to do if my information is wanted here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back