GUILTY IL - Bonnie Woodward, 46, murdered, Alton, 25 June 2010

I'm worried for the both of them. I have this sinking feeling perhaps the two cases may be related.

I am thinking this too. Sounds like some stories I have seen on TV where the teen did something to the parents??

Police also seek missing woman's daughter

Police need help in finding a missing 17-year-old East Alton girl whose mother vanished last week in Alton after getting off work.

Police are asking for the public's help in locating Heather Woodward of East Alton. The teen is the stepdaughter of Bonnie Woodward, who last was seen Friday in the parking lot at her place of employment near Upper Alton.
http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/woodward-42001-police-alton.html

Reward offered for info about missing woman

ALTON - The family of a missing East Alton woman is offering a $5,000 reward for any information that leads to authorities finding her.

Bonnie Woodward last was seen about 3 p.m. Friday on the parking lot of the Eunice Smith Nursing Home, 1251 College Ave. in Alton, where she works. Officials with the Alton Police Department say she was wearing a yellow and white scrub top and yellow scrub pants.
http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/alton-42054-woodward-white.html

Oh how sad, I do not feel good about this poor woman at all...certainly she would not have gone anyplace without telling her boyfriend, her children...

I just realized this is marked as a Missouri thread, but Alton is in Illinois.

Just a theory...what if the man Bonnie was seen talking to said something like "If you come with me, I will take you to your (missing daughter)" Though the boyfriend said she wouldn't get in a car with someone she doesn't know...would she if it meant finding her daughter?

http://www.kmox.com/Still-no-sign-of-missing-East-Alton-woman/7606856

Posted: Friday, 02 July 2010 5:35PM
Brian Kelly Reporting
bpkelly@cbs.com

ALTON, Ill. -- It's now been a week since 48 year old Bonnie Woodward of East Alton was last seen, and police are expressing frustration at the lack of leads.

Alton Police Lt. Scott Golike says detectives have spent the last week interviewing friends, co-workers, former co-workers, ex-husbands, ex-boyfriends, but to no vail.

Adding to the mystery is the fact that Woodward's teen-aged daughter, who had moved in with a former female teacher of hers is also missing. Golike says so far there's no connection between the cases, but they're not ruling that out.

Police locate missing teen

EAST ALTON - A teenager sought for questioning after the disappearance of her stepmother was located Saturday, but police are no closer to locating the mother herself.
Heather Woodward turned herself in at the East Alton Public Library on Saturday, ending at least one phase of a mystery that has occupied police since the June 25 disappearance of her stepmother, Bonnie Woodward, 48, of East Alton.
Police had considered Heather a runaway - not a suspect - and after talking to her Saturday believe that her own disappearance was a coincidence. Heather had been reported missing by Bonnie Woodward on June 17.
"It's more coincidental than anything," Alton Police Lt. Scott Golike said. "More typical of a runaway, unhappy at home type thing."

http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/police-42167-woodward-heather.html

Can one of the mods do me a favor? It's come to my attention that when I made the thread I must've had a blonde moment because Alton is actually in IL, not MO. Because of the time that's elapsed since I posted this thread, I can't edit it. Can a mod go in and change the state in the title of the thread for me? Thank you!!

I hate that interest in her has just died. :(

Nothing really even in the press, even though it was labeled an abduction.

Is it possible the daughter was somehow involved and LE knows it and is investigating that angle?

It sounds like, as of now, the stepdaughter has been declared "not a suspect". They are still looking for the man she was seen talking to when she went missing. My family, including my son, are all nurses in nursing homes or have worked there in some capacity. You trust the people whom you meet at the nursing home, because they are family of the patients you love. This abduction kind of spoils the whole family atmosphere at a nursing home, why these people are so dedicated to their jobs.

Is it possible the daughter was somehow involved and LE knows it and is investigating that angle?

It doesn't appear that way.

Golike acknowledged that some investigators wondered if Bonnie Woodward was purposely staying undercover in an attempt to get her daughter to come home. That theory now does not appear to have merit.

snippet from following article:

http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/police-42167-woodward-heather.html

There is so little information about this case.

I haven't found anything indicating survellience video was available where she was last seen after leaving work.

Please come home safely Bonnie!
Your family misses you.
We are praying for your safe return.

I don't think there is surveillance at the nursing home, at least not in the parking lot. Most nursing homes here don't have it, to the best of my knowledge, just elaborate alarm systems meant to alert workers when residents try to leave. The reason why they know she was talking to a man before she vanished is that it was end of shift, and some co-workers saw her. They became concerned when her car never left the parking lot.

Just to update, I heard tonight that the case is closed, so to speak. Obviously an open case, but no new leads. LE has no other leads so this is it. :( It's only been three weeks, so sad.

Where is Bonnie Woodward?

Three weeks ago today, Bonnie Woodward walked off her job and into thin air.

The case has agonized her extended family and baffled police. Everyone wants to know: How could the mother of a 16-year-old special needs son, a woman who stayed in close touch with most of her eight brothers and sisters, simply have disappeared?

"She vanished," said her sister, Bobbie Valdes. "It's like she never existed - and I know she existed."

[snip]

Dean is organizing a benefit that will be held starting at 11 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 8, at Hurley's Saloon, a family restaurant in Mount Olive. The daylong event, which will feature music, food and prizes, will raise money to meet family expenses. The proceeds also may be applied to the $5,000 reward that the family is offering to find Woodward, who is white, 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs 240 pounds, with blonde hair and green eyes.

Interest is such that even a Facebook page has been launched, under "Please Help Find Bonnie Woodward."

Police said this week they are continuing their investigation but have no new details to release.

Much more info at link: http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/woodward-42623-family-police.html

Where is Bonnie Woodward?

Three weeks ago today, Bonnie Woodward walked off her job and into thin air.

The case has agonized her extended family and baffled police. Everyone wants to know: How could the mother of a 16-year-old special needs son, a woman who stayed in close touch with most of her eight brothers and sisters, simply have disappeared?

"She vanished," said her sister, Bobbie Valdes. "It's like she never existed - and I know she existed."

[snip]

Dean is organizing a benefit that will be held starting at 11 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 8, at Hurley's Saloon, a family restaurant in Mount Olive. The daylong event, which will feature music, food and prizes, will raise money to meet family expenses. The proceeds also may be applied to the $5,000 reward that the family is offering to find Woodward, who is white, 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs 240 pounds, with blonde hair and green eyes.

Interest is such that even a Facebook page has been launched, under "Please Help Find Bonnie Woodward."

Police said this week they are continuing their investigation but have no new details to release.

Much more info at link: http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/woodward-42623-family-police.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back