GUILTY IL - Bonnie Woodward, 46, murdered, Alton, 25 June 2010

http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/boat-45793-woodward-police.html

Boat becomes focus of Woodward case

ALTON - As they combed acres of property last month looking for Bonnie L. Woodward, police came up short of a body, but they shifted focus to what could be important evidence - a boat, owned by a central figure in the case.

Sources have told The Telegraph and police have confirmed that they have tracked down a boat that Roger W. Carroll Jr. sold in the days after Woodward went missing on June 25. That boat now is being analyzed for evidence to determine whether Woodward ever was aboard.

(Snipped)

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/06ddec36-dd67-11df-909c-00127992bc8b.html

Man indicted in East Alton woman's disappearance

A Jersey County man was indicted by a Madison County grand jury on Thursday in connection with the June 25 disappearance of Bonnie Woodward of East Alton.

The single-count indictment accuses Roger Carroll of rural Jerseyville of obstructing justice by telling an Alton detective on July 5 that he had no knowledge of or involvement in Woodward's disappearance. Police said Carroll's fingerprints were found on the missing woman's pickup.

(Snipped)

Thank you Joe!

THIS is excellent news!

VERY INTERESTING comments under that news report too btw

bumping for Bonnie Woodward....

Where are you lady?

TOP 10 NO. 2: Women victims in high-profile homicides

[snip]

The Alton Police Department, with assistance from the Major Case Squad of Greater St. Louis, spent numerous hours investigating the disappearance of Woodward in June and the death of Wood in early December.

[snip]

Lt. Scott Golike, chief of detectives for the Alton Police Department, said Woodward's case has been a real mystery, and that police still are waiting on evidence to be analyzed.

"There really is nothing new in the case," Golike said. "We're waiting on reports from the lab."

[snip]

After months of tracking down leads in the case, police finally were led to a property in Jersey County they believed was connected to Woodward's disappearance. Although investigators did not find her body, the case shifted focus when an important piece of evidence was discovered - a boat, owned by the man police considered a central figure in the case.
Golike said the boat was a piece of evidence that was being analyzed. Part of what police hope to find out is whether Woodward ever was aboard the boat owned by Roger W. Carroll Jr.

Investigators connected Carroll to Woodward after finding his fingerprint on her red pickup truck that was left behind in the parking lot of her workplace at Eunice Smith Nursing Home.

Golike said one of the reasons it has taken so long for the evidence to be analyzed is the large quantity of material collected in the case, which is more than any other case he has worked on in his recent memory.

A search warrant was issued for Carroll's property in late September because of what police called his "deceitfulness" in denying any association with Woodward. More than 80 police officers raked the grounds where Carroll lives along Creek Road in Jersey County.

Afterward, investigators learned that Carroll reportedly sold a small boat days after Woodward went missing.

More: http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/case-48901-alton-police.html

Bumping for Bonnie. I think of her case often and praying she is not only found but receives the justice she deserves.

Her case has not yet been added to Charley Project despite it being more than 6 months old. Nor has it been added to NamUs. :(

Alton Police say investigation into Bonnie Woodward's disappearance still open and active

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/261620/3/Family-of-missing-East-Alton-woman-want-answers

East Alton, IL (KSDK) - Nearly a year after an East Alton woman went missing, family members hold out hope her mysterious disappearance will be solved. Alton police are hoping for the same outcome.

The investigation into the disappearance 48-year-old Bonnie Woodward is still open and active. Alton Police say they have suspects, the state is still processing evidence, and they're renewed media exposure will generate new leads.

bumping for Bonnie. Almost the year anniversary of her disappearance and her case is still not listed in NamUs. :banghead: Nor has her case been added to Charley Project. :(

Praying Bonnie is found soon and receives the justice she so deserves.

There is an awareness vigil planned for June 25, 2011 at Gordon Moore Park in E.Alton/Alton area. I consider it East Alton but, others do not. It will be held from 7pm-8:30pm. Those that are here in the local area, the family could use the support. This is a very difficult time for them but, especially so for her daughter, sister and brother.
The DNA is still pending and the court case for RC (jr) has been pushed back until it is completed.

Thank you and welcome to Websleuths Mythic Rose.

:welcome:

Are you friends with the family if I may ask? If so, you may wish to become a verified insider in Bonnies case. Here is a little bit of information on our verified members.
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If I may also ask, do you know why the detectives handling Bonnies case have not entered her missing persons case into NamUs the newer national database for the missing and unidentified? Here is the link for NamUs so you can familiarize yourself with it if you are not already familiar. http://www.namus.gov/

I'm not local to the area so will be unable to attend. Also glad to know DNA is still pending.... Please keep us updated as you are able.

Praying Bonnie is found soon!

I'd like to mention this NFP who works with family of the missing as well. I can't speak highly enough of this organization. If you know the family Mythic Rose, this is a link you may wish to pass along. They are fantastic! http://www.lostnmissing.com/

hth

bumping for Bonnie. Almost the year anniversary of her disappearance and her case is still not listed in NamUs. :banghead: Nor has her case been added to Charley Project. :(

Praying Bonnie is found soon and receives the justice she so deserves.

I submitted Bonnie's case to NamUs (it doesn't have to be done by LE). I also emailed Meaghan with Charley Project and asked her to add Bonnie's case.

I am on the phone with Bonnie's sister right now. I am in contact with them frequently. I am thankful that you put it into Namus, I was waiting for Bobbie's permission before I was going to enter it. Yes, I would be available to be a verified person on this case. I have permission from the family to discuss the case and Bonnie.
Bobbie (Bonnie's sister) has no idea why they have not entered information and it has taken over 4 months to get the fingerprints off of Bonnie's vehicle. They seem to be taking their time with everything. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back