IL IL - Brenda Jackson, 31, Park Forest, 3 January 2016

Jackson's mother told The News that she has custody of four of the children, with another, a newborn, in the custody of One Hope United, a non-profit dedicated to protecting children. The oldest child is with Jackson's first husband in Texas, her mother said.

Maria Gonzalez said her daughter lost custody of her children after she refused to press charges against her husband for domestic violence. Jackson does have supervised visits, her mother says.

Jackson's mother said her daughter was devoted to her children and would never leave them.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...aq-war-veteran-missing-week-article-1.2494556

Jackson's mother told The News that she has custody of four of the children, with another, a newborn, in the custody of One Hope United, a non-profit dedicated to protecting children. The oldest child is with Jackson's first husband in Texas, her mother said.

Maria Gonzalez said her daughter lost custody of her children after she refused to press charges against her husband for domestic violence. Jackson does have supervised visits, her mother says.

Jackson's mother said her daughter was devoted to her children and would never leave them.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...aq-war-veteran-missing-week-article-1.2494556
This again, brings up the question, where was the husband?

She picked her abuser over her children?? Definitely some psychological issues there. I am sure the CPD is busting the husband's chops if they are able to locate him. But they may not broadcast it.

Talk about red alerts all over this case. My concern as usual is there hasn't been an update on this case in quite a while. I don't see any news updates or facebook pages for her... just silence. Hopefully there's better news than this. Maybe I'll call the PD tomorrow for several of these cases and see if there's been any found. Peace for Brenda and her family...

Jan 2016:

Brenda Gonzalez Jackson, a mother of six and Iraq war veteran, disappeared on Jan. 3 after she was dropped off at her Park Forest home. Five of her children had been living with their grandparents, but the state has taken the children away...

The Department of Children and Family Services first took guardianship of the children in August, following a domestic violence report involving their father. Five of the children were placed into the grandparents’ custody while a sixth child went to live with her father, Jackson's first husband, in Texas.

But the agency says the grandparents have since violated a safety plan that keeps the kids away from their father and granted Jackson supervised visits. A court, the public guardian and DCFS say they agree the home in unincorporated Cook County is no longer an appropriate placement.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcc...d-From-Grandparents-Home-366133571.html?amp=y

I know it's a cold case but does anyone know if she was ever found?

Brenda Maria Jackson – The Charley Project

Brenda Maria Jackson

jackson_brenda2.jpg
jackson_brenda3.jpg
jackson_brenda4.jpg
jackson_brenda5.jpg
jackson_brenda6.jpg

Missing Since 01/03/2016
Missing From Park Forest, Illinois
Classification Endangered Missing
Sex Female
Race Hispanic
Age 32 years old
Height and Weight 5'0 - 5'2, 120 pounds
Clothing/Jewelry Description Black clothing.
Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic female. Black hair, brown eyes. Jackson has burns on her chest and upper leg. She has the following tattoos: stars on her neck behind each ear, the name "Michael" on the inside of her left wrist, a heart on her left ring finger, and a tattoo on her lower back. She wears eyeglasses, and her ears are pierced. Jackson's maiden name is Gonzalez and some agencies refer to her as Brenda Gonzalez Jackson. She may use the last name Ramos.

Details of Disappearance
Jackson was last seen at her home in the 200 block of Arcadia Street in Park Forest, Illinois at 9:00 p.m. on January 3, 2016. Her father dropped her off at home.

Her mother spoke to her on the phone at 10:30 p.m.; Jackson said she was home alone at the time. She worked in the cafeteria at Rich South High School in Richton Park, Illinois, and was supposed to show up for her shift at 5:30 a.m. the next day. She never arrived at work and has never been heard from again.

Jackson left behind six children, the youngest of whom was only four months old at the time of her disappearance. She also left all her belongings behind, including her purse, coat, gloves and identification, and there hasn't been any activity on her credit cards or phone since she was last seen.

Four of Jackson's six children were in the care of her mother at the time of her disappearance. The youngest, an infant, was in a foster home, and the oldest was in Texas with Jackson's first husband. According to her mother, Jackson lost custody of the children after she refused to press charges against her husband for domestic violence. She did have supervised visitation and her family doesn't think she would have abandoned her children.

Jackson's family believes foul play was involved in her case. She is a military veteran who served in Iraq. Her disappearance remains unsolved.

Her NamUs page The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Bumping for Brenda, missing five years now. I think of her children...

My classmate, Jerrica Laws, went missing a few months before this in August of 2015. She was from Park Forest IL as well. I wonder if the two cases are related

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back