Found Deceased IL - Brooke Naylor, 19, car found abandoned, Harrisburg, Saline County, 3 Mar 2019

cybervampira

Reaction score
Illinois Police looking for community's help in missing person case

Brooke Naylor, 19, was last seen March 3 in Harrisburg. Her car, a Chevrolet Malibu, was found abandoned on the Eldorado Ridgeway Blacktop about halfway between Route 142 and Route 1.

Police described her as 5 foot 3 inches and about 115 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last known to have her brown Boxer with her.

upload_2019-3-6_23-9-32.jpeg

Illinois Police looking for community's help in missing person case

Brooke Naylor, 19, was last seen March 3 in Harrisburg. Her car, a Chevrolet Malibu, was found abandoned on the Eldorado Ridgeway Blacktop about halfway between Route 142 and Route 1.

Police described her as 5 foot 3 inches and about 115 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last known to have her brown Boxer with her.

View attachment 172623

The article doesn't say what time on Sunday, 3 March 2019, she was last seen. I guess the dog has not been found either.

Illinois State Police District 8 Metamora

ILLINOIS STATE POLICE REQUEST PUBLIC’S ASSISTANCE LOCATING MISSING PERSON

Carmi, IL - Illinois State Police Zone 7 Investigations is requesting public assistance in locating a missing 19-year-old Harrisburg woman, Brooke Naylor. Naylor, pictured below, is described as 5 foot 3 inches and approximately 115 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen in Harrisburg on March 3, 2019. Naylor was last known to have her brown dog, a Boxer, with her. Her abandoned Chevrolet Malibu was located on the Eldorado Ridgeway Blacktop approximately halfway between Route 142 and Route 1. If you have any information on the whereabouts of Brooke Naylor, please contact the Illinois State Police at (618) 384-9945.

(217) 524-2500
PIO@isp.state.il.us

upload_2019-3-7_0-32-25.png

I think the area where the car was found is east of Harrisburg and Eldorado. There is nothing but farmland there. The map shows Harrisburg, Rt 142 and Rt 1. I put a box halfway between routes 142 and 1. There is no reason for her to be there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 7.08.36 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 7.08.36 PM.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 35
  • ERB.jpg
    ERB.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 36
Maybe she is still a student at
Southeastern Illinois College (at Carmi, IL), where she made the Vice President's List (GPA 3.25 - 3.99) for the fall 2017 semester. (See following link)
SIC President's and Vice President's Lists for Fall Semester

She could have been home for the weekend, and on her way back to school on Sunday, with her dog. (Just speculating here!)

You know, when I drove, I never thought twice to pull over to let my dog use the bathroom if she was whining. I wonder if she did the same thing. If the dog managed to get loose and go after an animal, I’d have ran right after it. I wonder if something like that happened? jmo

It appears her boxer is only a pup. She may have stopped along the roadside if it had an accident in the car and been taken then. The pup would be no protection for her. I can tell when my dog starts getting car sick and I pull over and take her outside for fresh air.

I’ve pulled over on some sketch roads to let my dog out. I grew up in the country, so you’d have thought I’d been fine with darker roads, but I developed a love for horror movies young. On a darker road, I’d stop for my dog, but I’d also be really paranoid. Do we know if that area has much light on the roads? What the weather was that day/night? Of course, I don’t think we know what time she was last seen, or do we? tia!

I’ve pulled over on some sketch roads to let my dog out. I grew up in the country, so you’d have thought I’d been fine with darker roads, but I developed a love for horror movies young. On a darker road, I’d stop for my dog, but I’d also be really paranoid. Do we know if that area has much light on the roads? What the weather was that day/night? Of course, I don’t think we know what time she was last seen, or do we? tia!

No, StarEyes, we do not know at what time she was last seen on Sunday (March 3, 2019).

No, StarEyes, we do not know at what time she was last seen on Sunday (March 3, 2019).

Thank you! That seems odd to leave out...hmm. You’d think if something nefarious happened to her, a person would be far less likely to do so in the light of day when anyone could see it. Then again, that happens all the time, I know.

Could someone have flagged her to pull over, like flashing their high beams? Would that even work now a days?

Could someone impersonating a police officer pulled her over? I know we’re not supposed to do so without asking identification before doing more than cracking a window. I totally disregarded that when it happened to me. I was too afraid it would just tick the officer off and make them go harder on me. I don’t think I’d fall for flashing lights, but idk. I wouldn’t fall for the car bump trick. However, caught off guard...how easy it would be to fall for all of those things. I was still pretty naive at 19.

I just want her to be ok. The dog being missing is concerning to me.

Maybe she is still a student at
Southeastern Illinois College (at Carmi, IL), where she made the Vice President's List (GPA 3.25 - 3.99) for the fall 2017 semester. (See following link)
SIC President's and Vice President's Lists for Fall Semester

She could have been home for the weekend, and on her way back to school on Sunday, with her dog. (Just speculating here!)

Nice find. SIC (Carmi) is NE from where her car was found. Taking a route from Harrisburg (where she lives I believe) to where her car was found, there is the small town of Ridgway farther down the road. Unless she was visiting a friend out that way (and we haven't heard that), it is not a route to get anywhere. There is nothing farm fields, smaller roads, and then the Ohio River.

It looks to me like her car was dumped there.

ETA- the image is from the Ridgway end of Eldorado Ridgeway Blacktop. The car was found 3 miles west of this area, down this road. From Google maps, couldn't get images from the actual road near the car.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 11.57.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 11.57.03 PM.png
    696.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
If you zoom in around the reservoir you see that there are all kinds of dirt road paths that are in and around there that go from the road. I wonder if it is covered with snow or not plowed, so it not accessible yet.

upload_2019-3-6_22-35-55.png

Google Maps

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-6_22-35-15.png
    upload_2019-3-6_22-35-15.png
    836.2 KB · Views: 9

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors