ú

Found Deceased IL - Brooke Naylor, 19, car found abandoned, Harrisburg, Saline County, 3 Mar 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

I agree- its highly likely she would have chased after the puppy with no regard to her personal safety. We got our dogs a few years ago. I let them out one night and almost instantly three coyotes came out of the tree line and one of them grabbed the puppy. I ran out in my bare feet in the freezing cold, in a t-shirt and chased that bastard down and got the puppy back. Pretty stupid to take on three coyotes in the freezing cold with no shoes but I couldn't live with myself if I hadn't.

2. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Wonder if she left her vehicle and the puppy went after her...

3. moonriverfarm

moonriverfarm Well-Known Member

Did i read correctly that she was found a mile and a half from where her car was?

4. cody22

cody22 Well-Known Member

Yes...1-2 miles with some of her scattered possessions between both sites....moo

5. ly502

ly502 Well-Known Member

I see it's been a while since anyone has posted anything, but when I heard about the puppy, I instantly thought of a case I heard about on Dateline. A woman from the US moved to South America, living in an ex-pat community. She bought a house that was on a tiny island, so she owned the whole island. She suddenly disappeared, and her dog kept swimming back to the mainland to this one property, over and over. They (friends and her husband, from whom she was separated but on good terms) kept returning the dog to the island, even after someone else was living in her house. Turns out, many months later, they found her body in just the spot that her dog kept going. He repeatedly swam and traveled to her - long after she had died.

While it does seem plausible that she ran after the puppy, I do believe the puppy could have followed and stayed with her...they are so loving and loyal...

6. Vivyinsect

Vivyinsect Active Member

And talking they are. I agree with you on the toxicology report.

7. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

Is it factually accurate that her belongings ( not specified that it was her clothing) were scattered between where her car was found abandoned and where she was found? If that is true, then she must have been running from the car. If she was chasing her puppy who had gotten away, why would she be dropping possessions as she chased, other than perhaps a purse and why would she pick up her purse when leaving her car to chase a puppy?
    I am leaning toward her having taken something at the WalMart argument and becoming more disoriented and agitated or paranoid as she drove further, ending with leaving the car with her puppy following.

8. ly502

ly502 Well-Known Member

I don't think that it was ever specified what belongings they were. I think it makes perfect sense that it could be her clothing, which she removed (possibly) haphazardly as she experienced the "heat" of hypothermia.

9. Lynetta

Lynetta Well-Known Member

Thinking of Brooke this morning as her parents lay her to rest.

10. Lynetta

Lynetta Well-Known Member

Also, An update on Brooke's older dog that ran away.

It seems the dog was found but it says "sadly" which just makes me want to cry. :(

WRUL 97.3 FM

"Sadly, Maya was found near the dam of Colony West lake this afternoon"

11. KatzEye

KatzEye Well-Known Member

12. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

Toxicology results are in

Toxicology information released in death of Brooke Naylor

Gallatin County Coroner Tony Cox says Brooke tested positive for methamphetamine.

Cox says they are not releasing the amount or level found.

He says cause of death is still hypothermia, but that the methamphetamine is another significant factor in her death.

13. ValhallaWolves

ValhallaWolves Well-Known Member

I’m not shocked. It never specified that her clothes were found, just “belongings”... but if meth was a factor, she could have been experiencing rapid temperature change from overstimulation of the excitory system.

14. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

Or paradoxical undressing?? It does not state if the meth was at a level of concern, just that it was there. May have not played a part in her death at all? Although, it prob had at least something to do with it...imo.
    Found this interesting for info on meth:

How Long Does Meth Stay in Your System?

15. ValhallaWolves

ValhallaWolves Well-Known Member

I took “significant factor” to mean it would have been a significant amount. Never know though. Tragic regardless.