IL IL - Brooklyn, WhtFem 18-30, 533UFIL, Skeletal in woods near railyard, Jan'06

Okay, then if no one else has called I will. Probably later today, or tomorrow. Just wanted to make sure that it wasn't something that had already been suggested or checked out.

The UID is believed to have hispanic traits and Rhonda is considered native... I know they are not the same kind of ethnicity, but heck, when skeletal remains have been found, they have been wrong before with the correct ethnicity.

Also, you don't see too many young women with a colostomy bag...

I found a website for Rhonda http://www.geocities.com/missingrhondarunningbird/

Someone turn it in!!

I called the PD that has the Doe, since i didn't want to call Canada about the possibility of this woman being Rhonda.
I have to call back on Monday, it was Friday when I called and most everyone was already out of the office, and it was either leave a message or call back. Since I sound like a five year old and an idiot on voice mail, I decided to call back. But I'll start in on it again on Monday and see who I can get ahold of. I should at least be able to find out if these 2 have been compared in the past.

I'm calling back today. This is my system, harass every 2 days until the initial response. I just want to make sure that Rhonda and the JD haven't been compared yet. Then I'll lay off again. If I get any answer this time, of course, I'll share.

ETA: And now he has another message from me.

You know, except for here, of course, and the DoeNetwork, there is almost nothing on JD. She isn't on the IL state police website, or in Namus, and the newspaper articles are too old to find with out paying.
I can see how some of these cases go unsolved, if no one knows, no one can help.

You know, except for here, of course, and the DoeNetwork, there is almost nothing on JD. She isn't on the IL state police website, or in Namus, and the newspaper articles are too old to find with out paying.
I can see how some of these cases go unsolved, if no one knows, no one can help.

:(And you have to wonder if the person has ever been reported missing... and gosh, just look at Bambi Lynn Dick, she was reported missing, but for whatever reasons, the police cancelled it.
After rereading your post, I thought I had found some newspaper articles while I was researching this. I wanted to see exactly where she was found- I know I found some- I'll check.

She has been submitted and ruled out against Rhonda Runningbird.
There is a possibility that is being checked out. I didn't get any more info on the one being checked.

He did sound doubtful that the colostomy bag was connected, it was just in the area.

"He" being the detective handling her case.

I have searched high and low for the articles, and I can't find them now:banghead:

There are so many young women who resemble her sketch- I hope Illinois is getting it together so they can enter more than the 4 women that are listed in Namus.

http://www.iowaonline.state.ia.us/mpic/Controller.aspx?cmd=personDetailCommand&id=55

http://www.iowaonline.state.ia.us/mpic/Controller.aspx?cmd=personDetailCommand&id=136

http://www.iowaonline.state.ia.us/mpic/Controller.aspx?cmd=personDetailCommand&id=3

I agree. I would have not thought immediately of Lourdes when seeing that sketch, but the side by side is interesting. The nose, hairline, eyebrows and mouth. I agree it is quite striking.

Snuf,

I hope you turn it in!

Snuf,

I hope you turn it in!

I did email the detective in her MP case. He called me today and said this is one he's going to follow up on.

Apparently, Lourdes was a drug mule. She was supposed to pick up a large shipment of drugs and had a surveillance team following her the night she disappeared. Something spooked her and she did not get into the vehicle with the drugs.
The surveillance team stayed with the drugs and didn't follow Lourdes. She hasn't been seen since. There is a possibility she isn't dead, although clearly she is at high risk for foul play.
At the very least however, whenever I have contact with LE that doesn't have their missing and unidentified in NamUs, I suggest it. I leave the links in an email so they can look around and check it out. In this case, the detective was unaware of NamUs, and has alerted his supervisor that it might be a good thing for them to use. I hope they choose to put their info into it, but at least now they're aware of another tool to help resolve cold MP/UID cases.
Her detective seems like a good guy who wants to solve his cold cases. He said he's going to follow up on the Brooklyn bones, and he does have Lourdes dentals, so I feel really good that we will have a rule out standing in the next couple of months and I feel really good that they are now aware of NamUs too.

Appreciating All.
Snuf

I did email the detective in her MP case. He called me today and said this is one he's going to follow up on.

Apparently, Lourdes was a drug mule. She was supposed to pick up a large shipment of drugs and had a surveillance team following her the night she disappeared. Something spooked her and she did not get into the vehicle with the drugs.
The surveillance team stayed with the drugs and didn't follow Lourdes. She hasn't been seen since. There is a possibility she isn't dead, although clearly she is at high risk for foul play.
At the very least however, whenever I have contact with LE that doesn't have their missing and unidentified in NamUs, I suggest it. I leave the links in an email so they can look around and check it out. In this case, the detective was unaware of NamUs, and has alerted his supervisor that it might be a good thing for them to use. I hope they choose to put their info into it, but at least now they're aware of another tool to help resolve cold MP/UID cases.
Her detective seems like a good guy who wants to solve his cold cases. He said he's going to follow up on the Brooklyn bones, and he does have Lourdes dentals, so I feel really good that we will have a rule out standing in the next couple of months and I feel really good that they are now aware of NamUs too.

Appreciating All.
Snuf

You rock. Have I told you that lately?:woohoo:

i did email the detective in her mp case. He called me today and said this is one he's going to follow up on.

Apparently, lourdes was a drug mule. She was supposed to pick up a large shipment of drugs and had a surveillance team following her the night she disappeared. Something spooked her and she did not get into the vehicle with the drugs.
The surveillance team stayed with the drugs and didn't follow lourdes. She hasn't been seen since. There is a possibility she isn't dead, although clearly she is at high risk for foul play.
At the very least however, whenever i have contact with le that doesn't have their missing and unidentified in namus, i suggest it. I leave the links in an email so they can look around and check it out. In this case, the detective was unaware of namus, and has alerted his supervisor that it might be a good thing for them to use. I hope they choose to put their info into it, but at least now they're aware of another tool to help resolve cold mp/uid cases.
Her detective seems like a good guy who wants to solve his cold cases. He said he's going to follow up on the brooklyn bones, and he does have lourdes dentals, so i feel really good that we will have a rule out standing in the next couple of months and i feel really good that they are now aware of namus too.

Appreciating all.
Snuf

you are great!!!

Found near the remains is what appears to be a colostomy bag

Could this have been used to secret drugs on the body of a mule? It's watertight and designed to be attached to a person's body/body cavity.

It would make a great deal of sense for this doe to be Lourdes.

Snufamonbobball, you are awesome.

Could this have been used to secret drugs on the body of a mule? It's watertight and designed to be attached to a person's body/body cavity.

It would make a great deal of sense for this doe to be Lourdes.

Snufamonbobball, you are awesome.

That is an interesting idea. I like that you think about everything. I will say after finding out about how deep she was involved with the drug trade, I was more encourged that it could be Lourdes.
Where the decedant was found was close to a major highway interchange, and would be a likely route for someone heading south from Aurora, but only time will tell. I had said to NMK that if by some strange twist of fate this turned out to be Lourdes, whomever did the reconstruction is really talented! The moment I saw Lourdes picture, I thought of this Doe.

After a quick search I found this news story about a man who hid drugs in a colostomy bag. Good thinking Cymro.http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06358/748764-53.stm

Maps:

Aurora to decedant

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=auror...en-US&oe=utf8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

Aurora to San Antonio, TX

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=auror...en-US&oe=utf8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back