GUILTY IL - Carrie Olson, 29, Rock Island, 28 Dec 2013

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by OkieGranny, Jan 3, 2014.

1. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

[​IMG][​IMG]

Police, family, & friends looking for missing Davenport woman

There's a FB missing page here:

Find Carrie Olson

2. Loading...

3. OkieGranny

So they know who the man is who was driving her car, but he went off on a Vegas vacation so LE hasn't been able to thoroughly question him yet.

Police Searching for Missing Davenport Woman

4. poppygirl

poppygirl New Member

Looks like they got a ping on her cell - the article says Saturday but Find Carrie FB admin info says Tues. It also looks like they have identified the guy that was seen on surveillance getting gas in her car and are looking for him too. Family believes there's foul play. I hope she's ok.

5. poppygirl

poppygirl New Member

So she's missing, he's the last person seen with her car and he's in Vegas? I guess they can't force him back for questioning? You'd think if he was such a good friend to be driving around in her car, he'd get be concerned enough for her that he'd come right back to talk to police! I think he knows where she is...either alive and well somewhere...or not.

6. bettiepageturner

bettiepageturner New Member

Where did he "hear" it was in Minnesota? :waitasec:

7. OkieGranny

Beats me. I'm still working my way through the FB missing page; not picking up a whole lot of additional details.

ETA: Since she disappeared, Carrie's dad has spoken to TM, the guy in Vegas, who has apparently not kept his story straight. He's is an ex-boyfriend of Carrie's, and the family doesn't know how they came in contact that day. He claims he dropped her off at her home, and that he left her car at one airport but her car wasn't found there, and then he changed his story to a different airport; the second one he directed them to is in Minneapolis. This is all per the admin on Find Carrie Olson:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=637450016297217&set=a.637445069631045.1073741827.637421096300109&type=1&comment_id=1823724&offset=0&total_comments=66

Carrie's FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/carrie.olson.961

8. deca

deca New Member

So the Vegas PD has not picked him up????? This guy totally needs to be questioned and fast. If he is in Vegas, couldn't they find him pretty easily (through hotel records)?

9. Thinkerbell

Thinkerbell New Member

10. OkieGranny

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=638237482885137&id=637421096300109

So TM came back from Vegas last night. Questioned and released by LE, but I doubt if he's off the hook. Davenport PD has the car now. He says she loaned it to him. Did she loan him her purse too?

Says he dropped Carrie off at her home, drove to Minneapolis with his girlfriend and they flew to Vegas. Hotel video shows him checking in with a woman who was not Carrie.

11. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

I certainly hope she's okay. Sadly, I don't think she's with us anymore. It's rare that I get these feelings about this, but with Tim Mcvay been seen putting gas in her car and her being no where to be found, it doesn't sound good.....but just on a side note...I posted this about 2 days ago and lo and behold...it was deleted. Hmmm...that's not odd at all. :pullhair:

12. Rob1977

Rob1977 New Member

Glad to see this on here, so many brilliant people gathered together can't be a bad thing. Prayers to Carrie and her family.

13. amymarie

amymarie Member

Bumping

14. OkieGranny

Carrie's home is in the vicinity of Kimberly and Spring Street in Davenport, IA. The 7-Eleven is at the corner of 18th Avenue and 38th Street in Rock Island, IL. There are several different routes one might drive between the two locations, but the quickest and most direct route is about 6 miles, or a 15-minute drive.

For those not familiar with this area, Davenport is on the north side of the Mississippi River, and Rock Island is directly across on the south side of the river:

[​IMG]

Quad City International Airport is just to the south of Rock Island; you can see it to the east of the last phone signal marker above. If there were some legitimate reason not to fly out of there, the Davenport/Rock Island area is surrounded by a number of other cities where one might catch a plane to Vegas. It takes less than two hours to drive from Rock Island to Peoria, three hours to Des Moines or Chicago, four hours to St Louis, four and a half to Omaha. So why drive five and a half hours to Minneapolis?

[​IMG]

15. OkieGranny

Man questioned after missing woman’s car and purse returned

Weeklong search finds no trace of missing Davenport woman

16. TroyinTX

TroyinTX Member

I am following this case. I am from Davenport, IA and have friends who have been searching for her.

I truly hope she is okay, but this doesn't look good. This guy who had her car--that is very telling. Hopefully he is being looked into WAY more than what is being suggested.

17. Nugget

Nugget Golden Nugget Status

I think she is going to be found somewhere between davenport and Minneapolis (if that's really the route he took). So so sad. I have family in the Quad City area so this hit home. I actually lived in Davenport a couple of months back in college between semesters.

Please God give the family answers and bring justice to their cause.

18. OkieGranny

http://wqad.com/2014/01/04/davenport-police-declare-woman-missing/

Uhh, ya think? After everything that happened this week, LE just now decided Carrie's a missing person? I don't get it.

19. jobid

jobid Member

http://quadcitydailynews.com/news/details.cfm?clientid=20&id=107837#.UsiAHXkQTwJ
    I don't know if this is a mistake, but according to the above article:
    "Davenport Police have released new information in the disappearance of Carrie Olson. In a release to the media Davenport Police stated that Olson was last seen on the morning of Sunday December 29th at the 7/11 convenience store on 17th Street and 18th Avenue."
    So, were they able to determine if she was in the car? Or do they mean her car was last seen?

20. OkieGranny

Carrie's car was definitely at 7-Eleven on Sunday morning, according to security video, but they couldn't see if anyone was inside the car while the guy was putting gas in it. There have been no confirmed sightings of her since the afternoon of the 28th, as far as I know.

21. Nugget

Nugget Golden Nugget Status