IL IL - Cheyann Klus, 22, Chicago, 2 Dec 2017

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

2. ChicagoCrimeSearch

ChicagoCrimeSearch Member

HayLouise likes this.
  3. LisaWL7TR

LisaWL7TR Well-Known Member

A massive search is planned for a Downers Grove woman who has been missing since late November.

Cheyanne Klus, 22, was last seen near her home on November 27. "All the information that is out there simply does not add up to Cheyann leaving on her own accord," Gia Hoffman, who helped organize the planned March 24 search through Missing Persons Awareness Network, said in a press release.

Community members are invited to join police and members of Missing Persons Awareness Network on a walk-through search of the 86-acre Mallard Lake area in Bloomingdale. The search will begin immediately after a press conference at 11 a.m.

Investigators said Klus was spotted in the 2100 block of Kilbourn in Chicago on December 1 and 2. Her father reported her missing on December 12, according to the DuPage County Sheriff's Office.

According to Missing Persons Awareness Network, Klus has not posted on social media or been reachable on her phone since then.

Klus is 5'5" tall and weighs about 115 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes.

https://patch.com/illinois/downersg...arch-planned-find-missing-downers-grove-woman

[​IMG]

5centnikki and Mercedes like this.
  4. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

5. ChicagoCrimeSearch

ChicagoCrimeSearch Member

The search was scaled down due to the weather. Missing Persons Awareness Network's website states:
    www.campalert.org

Also the Facebook Page is FIND CHEYANN KLUS also states it.
    States there are SAR teams that work directly with Missing Persons Awareness Network and their own members will be attending the search. The press release was cancelled.

Someone just mentioned that LE searched that place twice before. Isn't that what they said about Caley Anthony's location searched several times before they found her? And that was in a much smaller area. That ping on her phone was calling 911 for a reason, and in that location. .

6. Queena

Queena Member

That's like the entire death toll for a year for the city. <modsnip>

7. azure

azure Well-Known Member

650 people were murdered in Chicago in 2017. I can&#8217;t find data on K-Town in an admittedly brief search, but it&#8217;s widely known to be dangerous to most people residing in the city. Nevertheless, I think 20-30 murders is probably high.

8. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Today's scaled down search was mentioned on ABC7 TV news twice at 5 and 10pm, but I am not finding anything online.

9. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

It would be really nice to know who Cheyann was with in 'k-town', if that person was interviewed and if they are cooperating with police. I'd also like to know if police have located her phone. What happened to the Palatine lead, where LE learned someone was trying to change the password to her phone?

Do we know what date the 911 call was made from the Mallard Lake area?

10. Swick

Swick Member

Correct. North Lawndale, of which K-Town is a part, had 41 homicides and 212 people wounded by gunfire in 2017.

Source: heyjackass.com

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

11. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

5centnikki and HayLouise like this.
  12. pastel19

pastel19 New Member

Her Instagram --
    https://www.instagram.com/cheychi__/?hl=en

It looks like she went to the city pretty often. Like others have said I really hope this wasn't a situation where she was tricked into human trafficking

HayLouise likes this.
  13. pastel19

pastel19 New Member

HayLouise likes this.
  14. anonypotomous

anonypotomous Well-Known Member

Emerald Lake in Alberta Canada. Looks like she got the photo from the internet.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

PinkPrincessPoop likes this.
  15. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

:bump:

Still hoping for news relating to Cheyann. I keep hoping she is ok, wherever she is.

16. akazia1978

akazia1978 Well-Known Member

I'm going to do a quick search on a site where people discuss women they "pick up" from K-Town. Worth a shot.

17. LionofJudah

LionofJudah Member

She was last seen in Hermosa not Lawndale or K-town. Yes, the K streets go through Hermosa, but they run North/South the entire length of the city. Where they go thru Lawndale is what's commonly referred to as K-town.

Hermosa has plenty of murders and gang activity, but it's not K-town.

18. Boomer55

Boomer55 New Member

Has anyone ever heard of the connection of “K-town” to Kenosha Wisconsin? Very common for Chicago drug dealers to make runs to Kenosha.

19. keith77

keith77 New Member

K streets Run the same way literally from the far north side "Rogers Park" neighborhood to the far Southside "Wild Hudreds" "K Town" was given to the K streets in the North Lawndale neighborhood which was a strong hold back in the days of the Vice Lords street gang https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/9bn337/ricky-bradley-murder-k-town-chicago this area Hermosa borders Humboldt Park it is home to a lot of Latinos ,mainly Puerto Rican Mexican and some African Americans going west from Pulaski to Cicero you have a number of K streets so that's where colloquialism comes in the play throughout almost all of Chicago that area where she was alleged to have been or was last heard from ,was..or still is a stronghold to the Spanish Cobras https://www.flickr.com/photos/chicagocoldwar/4516744816 street gang and the gangs have fractured a lot in Chicago but a lot of the Latino gangs have maintained their "Traditions" specificity to their neighborhoods and or areas if in Chicago I'm not intimating that she was involved in gang activity or with gang members that is a traditional Spanish Cobra area and in at least 50 to 60% of the city if you're involved in a drug world you will be interacting with gang members the individual or individuals who have given the statistics about murders in K-Town those are for the North Lawndale neighborhood which is a little further south and will involve majority of African American gangs in that area Vice Lord 4 Corner Hustlers Gangster Disciples Etc I feel for this young lady and her family but remember investigators are only going to give you the bare minimum as far as details are involved and I'm sure during their canvas of this area there will be i gang members and independent drug dealers and possibly some neighbors that will tell the police,. That she has been seen in that area before drug users, can visit traffic neighborhood , a certain block or house multiple times per day depending on the needs of the addict or addicts and it is within the realm of believability that her companion was also using "blows " Chicago slang for powdered heroin and a pretty young lady with mean from the suburbs or just being a pretty young lady and the individual who mention human trafficking a name that is a key component as well as she is "valued currency".. so to speak I am not trying to demean her as a woman or human being but it is what it is there's been a myriad of stories of a man or woman allowing her daughter ..or son to pay off their "debts"...to dealers the thought of that, turns my stomach but in this case it may have some relevance that could lead to the human trafficking angle that has been mentioned here

20. Greekanditalian2

Greekanditalian2 New Member

So does everyone think that this is drug related ? Is that 100% certain