Identified! IL - Chicago, Body parts of 2-3yo AA child, Sep'15 - Kyrian Knox

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping this child's body was weighted and thus the decomp made the body parts come loose instead of the more sinister reason these pieces would be found. Not that it makes much difference. RIP sweet baby.

Warning - graphic details ahead

I wish that was the case, but I'm certain that the child was actually dismembered. It is true that body parts can break off from a decomposing body in water, but it's usually only to the hands and feet because the joints/ligaments there aren't as strong. Also, it happens when the body is severely decomposed, and it sounds like the child UID here wasn't dead very long. There are several other UID cases in this forum where the body was weighted down, and none (IIRC) were missing any body parts because they just broke off and floated away. It also wouldn't eplain the head being detached from the body.

It's also fairly easy to tell if a detached body part is detached because of something natural (hands/feet floating away in water, animal activity etc.) or because someone actually cut it off. This is partly because dismemberment is a lot more difficult than it looks, and you'll often see other cuts and marks in that general area where the killer was trying to find the right place to cut. More importantly though, you'd see impressions from whatever tool they used.

I hope to god that whoever did this is caught soon, because it is terrifying to think that someone who killed and dismembered a toddler is out there right now and might even be reading this thread, for all we know. It reminds me of that little unidentified girl in Missouri who was raped, murdered and dismembered in the 80s. Just awful.

I am not sure what they can do with the fingerprints of a toddler. Does anyone have them on file besides the few parents who do the 'Kidnap/Emergency' kits?

I am not sure what they can do with the fingerprints of a toddler. Does anyone have them on file besides the few parents who do the 'Kidnap/Emergency' kits?

Pediatricians take prints during the first visits, I think, but not sure all do.

Often a victim is dismembered to make it easier for perp to transport and dump the remains, but doing that to a toddler, might suggest some kind of freaky cult activity, imo.

Pediatricians take prints during the first visits, I think, but not sure all do.

I remember mine having their footprints done, but not sure about their finger prints.

But is there a data base that the prints can be run through? I don't think so.

Sitting with my two year old now and waiting for her to fall"asleep asleep" and I just don't get how anyone could harm a child. At this age they are all laughs and giggles, but still such babies. It hurts my heart deeply. I will probably follow this one from afar, but wanted to mark my spot and send my love and prayers to this little soul, whomever may be searching for them(I truly hope someone misses this baby angel) and all the workers trying to discover and give this little one a name again and who must be so traumatized by what they are finding.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_5c5fe2ef-b14d-55ac-ae4f-11d30843d99d.html

I think the families may be reading here and I do not want to hurt them with speculation, other than to say I am so sorry for what they are going through and will continue to keep them in my prayers. It must be hurtful to hear anyone speculate and I am guilty and sorry.

Ruling out King has to come from the medical examiners office. It's unlikely there are dentals on King and it is too soon to have a dna sample this early in the investigation.

I don't see anything from the medical examiner confirming a rule out. I think it's more likely a local child that hasn't been reported missing, but in reality, scientifically it's too soon for the ME to rule anyone out. We haven't even had a business day since the remains have been found.

I was going to post this link too, but the article itself doesn't make much sense, to me. I have now read it twice and it seems like something is missing. Maybe someone else can give their opinion.

ETA: The body of the article doesn't seem to match the headline.

Exactly. The body of the article indicated to me it was a request to keep on looking for King and his aunt. To not stop looking because nothing has been said to them about this possibly being King.... too early....

Ruling out King has to come from the medical examiners office. It's unlikely there are dentals on King and it is too soon to have a dna sample this early in the investigation.

I don't see anything from the medical examiner confirming a rule out. I think it's more likely a local child that hasn't been reported missing, but in reality, scientifically it's too soon for the ME to rule anyone out. We haven't even had a business day since the remains have been found.

The medical examiner measured the head, which has been found, to age the child. I'm assuming the size of the head is what is ruling out the little boy from Gary. He's not the right age to match the head measurement.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/l...30843d99d.html

The medical examiner measured the head, which has been found, to age the child. I'm assuming the size of the head is what is ruling out the little boy from Gary. He's not the right age to match the head measurement.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/l...30843d99d.html

The link is not working but King is 2 and the remains found belong to a child between the ages of 2 and 3. Where are you getting that King is not the right age?

I guess that the hospital would have records at birth.

Thanks - that works! The article mentions the head measurements. I'm not an ME myself, of course, and don't have the data that the ME does, but my assumption is that they have information about the Gary child's size and it doesn't match the head found in the lake. I recall from my kids' early years, the doctors take head measurements at all appointments so they probably aren't guessing on the measurements for the Gary boy.

Of course, DNA would be the best determination. I don't think they would rule out the Gary child, however, unless they were certain.

The only way to conclusively rule anyone out is via dna, fingerprints or dentals. There is no way the ME has processed any of that yet.

The article is misleading. There is nothing in the body of the article to indicate the ME has ruled King out, just that there doesn't "appear" to be any connection at this time.

Isn't it possible that the blood types just don't match? That takes almost no time to check.

MOO

The only way to conclusively rule anyone out is via dna, fingerprints or dentals. There is no way the ME has processed any of that yet.

The article is misleading. There is nothing in the body of the article to indicate the ME has ruled King out, just that there doesn't "appear" to be any connection at this time.

Okay.

It's possible there's something distinctive about King's teeth that is missing in the teeth of these remains?

Doing the same W my 2 year old and agree.
Sitting with my two year old now and waiting for her to fall"asleep asleep" and I just don't get how anyone could harm a child. At this age they are all laughs and giggles, but still such babies. It hurts my heart deeply. I will probably follow this one from afar, but wanted to mark my spot and send my love and prayers to this little soul, whomever may be searching for them(I truly hope someone misses this baby angel) and all the workers trying to discover and give this little one a name again and who must be so traumatized by what they are finding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07