GUILTY IL - Chicago, Female body in cardboard box, Jan'07 - Marlaina Reed

:bump:

Now there is no next court date listed.

http://www2.cookcountysheriff.org/search2/details.asp?jailnumber=2010-1023089

I'm now wondering if this is going to take as long as the Vaughn case to get to trial. This is taking waaaay too long. WM was booked in 2010. We're going into 2014.

Thanks, Cubby. Looks like the next court date is now 1/22/14. I don't understand the delay. Does he have his own defense attorney or a PD? This is beyond ridiculous. Poor little Marlaina. She deserves justice.

Just bumping this up so I don't forget to check again on 1/22.

Hats off to the posters who have followed this case for seven years!

On 4/23 - next court date showed 5/1. Now it shows as nothing!

Next court date now reads 6/23.

We haven't forgotten you, Marlaina.

Next court date now reads 6/23.

We haven't forgotten you, Marlaina.

Now it's July 10. We haven't forgotten, but I'm beginning to wonder if I'll live long enough to see justice for Marlaina!

I believe he was in court today. Next - 8/20.

Could be, Cubby. But how long can that possibly take? He's been locked up for 4 years today. Next court date is 11/7. IIRC, last court date was yesterday. Since the court dates have been roughly one month apart all this time, perhaps it's a good sign that this next one is sooner? IDK - just can't quite figure out what's going on with this case!

My daughter is 22 and will be getting braces next year. We never could afford them, and she has great dental coverage with her job! I, on the other hand, got mine in 6th grade and wore them for several years.

Also, I guess we need to know what kind of "knee brace". My husband wears one on his knee that he calls a "knee brace" but it's not metallic- just rubbery and bought at the local drugstore to help brace his knee when it's acting up.

This might be an indication she was involved in sports at one time or another, or had been in an accident...

Or has early osteo, like me. Sorry just found this thread.

and almost 8 years since she was found deceased.

I wonder if they are negotiating a plea of some sort. I'm really beginning to wonder if this case will ever make it to an actual trial.

Thanks Cubby. I need to read entire thread, before commenting. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back