Identified! IL - Chicago, WhtFem Skeletal UP10693, 13-18, by Little Calumet River, Apr'05 - NamUs removed

i tried finding the link to submitting her as a possible match but i didnt know how to use the site

also, how do they know for sure is she's a white female? only her skeleton was found. she could have been black, Asian, or Hispanic.

There are skeletal indicators that can usually tell. It's likely that "Spring" was white, but they may have found something in the skeleton that was an Asian, Hispanic, or Native characteristic.

Did we ever see any sort of investigation on the bones to see how long they had been there for?

We know she was found in April of 2005 as partial skeletal remains in a wooded area.

If there was a lot of animal activity the date of death could have been as little as five weeks as we found out with Hannah Graham's case. But they could in theory have been there for centuries.

I know the technology is out there to determine this type of stuff, they have the dentals so they could even figure out where she lived via isotopes. I just wish that finding missing people was a higher priority in this country.

i tried finding the link to submitting her as a possible match but i didnt know how to use the site

also, how do they know for sure is she's a white female? only her skeleton was found. she could have been black, Asian, or Hispanic.

Send an email to her case worker
NamUs UP # 10693 Regional Administrator
Name Amy Dobbs
Email Amy.Dobbs@unthsc.edu
Phone 865-235-6523

I just emailed her case worker right now with the link to Bianca Lebron's profile on Charley Project. It might not be her, but it's definitely worth a shot.

I hope you did not mention WS; will explain when I get back from food shopping

She was LE in charge of TN - Knox County - "Shotgun Jane Doe". Back in January 2013 a few of us made a secret FB group to discuss the case. A FB page for SJD also went up. Detective Amy had Isotope testing done on her teeth as well as had an age regression done. It was all a secret I guess... She was communicating with a WS member who knew about it but would not share it with the group. The detective got pissed about the FB page; refused to deal with anyone from WS. We all pretty much abandoned the case. I guess time will tell on how she is as a NamUs case manager.

Interesting. I know LE prefers to be in control over which details get released to the public and which don't because recognizing details is one way that they validate or reject tips. Sometimes just about everything will be put out there by LE but in other cases they will only dole out very limited information. I don't know what happened with these individuals or the group but it's important to be sensitive to LE's need to sequester information when working with them.

Also, I thought we weren't supposed to mention WS because the mods don't want members falsely (perhaps accidentally) implying that they're speaking on behalf of Websleuths, LLC.

She was LE in charge of TN - Knox County - "Shotgun Jane Doe". Back in January 2013 a few of us made a secret FB group to discuss the case. A FB page for SJD also went up. Detective Amy had Isotope testing done on her teeth as well as had an age regression done. It was all a secret I guess... She was communicating with a WS member who knew about it but would not share it with the group. The detective got pissed about the FB page; refused to deal with anyone from WS. We all pretty much abandoned the case. I guess time will tell on how she is as a NamUs case manager.

oh dang :( I actually did :( I'm really sorry I didn't know about that :(
but she replied to my email. She just said thank you and that they'll follow up with the potential match.

Interesting. I know LE prefers to be in control over which details get released to the public and which don't because recognizing details is one way that they validate or reject tips. Sometimes just about everything will be put out there by LE but in other cases they will only dole out very limited information. I don't know what happened with these individuals or the group but it's important to be sensitive to LE's need to sequester information when working with them.

IMO I think she thought the isotope & age regression would blow the case open as it did for a John Doe case they had; identified as Howard Harding. I believe she was one of the 1st to reach out to the Smithsonian to have it done; so it was a big story.

Also, I thought we weren't supposed to mention WS because the mods don't want members falsely (perhaps accidentally) implying that they're speaking on behalf of Websleuths, LLC.

Yes; it should be in the rules. I'm on my way out.

I'm really sorry about that guys :( I did read the rules when I first signed up but i must have missed or misunderstood that part :(

I wonder if this might could be Mary Ann Switalski?

The clothing does not match, but Mary Ann supposedly left home to join a traveling magazine sales group. Perhaps the clothing was a uniform of sorts that they wanted the girls to wear.. Her last letter sent to her parents was from western Chicago, not to far from where "Spring Doe" was found.

The clothing does not match, but Mary Ann supposedly left home to join a traveling magazine sales group. Perhaps the clothing was a uniform of sorts that they wanted the girls to wear.. Her last letter sent to her parents was from western Chicago, not to far from where "Spring Doe" was found.

She has DNA in the system if someone wants to turn it in
NamUs profile - Mary Ann attended a carnival at St. Priscilla's Catholic Church on July 15, 1963.
Two days after her disappearance her parents received a short letter postmarked from Oak Park, IL. In the letter, Mary Ann stated that she was fine and that she was going to earn some money to take care of them. No further contact was ever made.
It is believed that Mary Ann may have joined a magazine door-to-door sales group that was headed to California.
The husband and wife owners of the sales organization gave conflicting statements. The wife stated that Mary Ann left with the sales group and the husband stated that Mary Ann never left Chicago.

She is in Namus.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10693

Current Rule Outs:

Trudy Appleby 1984 Illinois
Diamond Bradley 1997 Illinois
TIONDA Bradley 1991 Illinois
Trista Bultema 1971 Illinois
Sara Bushland 1980 Wisconsin
Melinda Creech 1965 Indiana
Ashley Martinez 1989 Missouri
Deborah McCall 1963 Illinois
Kristen Modafferi 1979 California
Bianca Piper 1991 Missouri
Mary Ann Switalski 1946 Illinois
April Zane 1960 Illinois

Mary Ann now on rule out list

April Zane 1960 Illinois

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/fadden_melissa.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cox_regina.html

They both fit within the height and age stats.

Edit* I am really sorry that it turned out so big. I have not quite figure out how to make everything work yet, so I don't know how to make it smaller

Attachments

• Melissa Fadden.png
    Melissa Fadden.png
    197.8 KB · Views: 143
  • Spring Doe Reconstruction.png
    Spring Doe Reconstruction.png
    303.1 KB · Views: 145
  • Regina Cox.png
    Regina Cox.png
    171.8 KB · Views: 144
Mary Ann now on rule out list

April Zane 1960 Illinois

Suzanne Schultz 1961 Wisconsin was added to the rule out list: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10693

http://www.nampn.org/cases/sharpman_beverly.html

Beverley Sharpman
5'3"
17 yrs old

"and sent her parents a telegram telling them she was leaving home to marry and not to worry"

ANDDDDDDD

She told a friend she was going to Chicago.

Jane Doe is described as wearing a white dress with a lace top, a white glove and a white sock. All of these items would be characteristic of bridal attire for the time. I wish I could see pictures of the clothing, I sell vintage and lace makes determining an era very easy since each decade of lace has its own characteristics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back