IL - Child, 9, charged in fire deaths of 5 people, Goodfield, 6 Apr 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy accused in fatal, Goodfield trailer fire has custody hearing

April 22, 2020

"GOODFIELD (WEEK) - The 9-year-old boy charged with killing five of his family members in a fire had a virtual custody hearing Wednesday.

The hearing happened via Zoom, a video chat website....

Wednesday, a Woodford County judge ruled the boy will stay with his paternal grandparents, who are acting as his foster parents right now....

The boy's next day in court for the murder case is set for May 11."

Boy accused in fatal, Goodfield trailer fire has custody hearing

Thanks a bunch for the update @YESorNO !!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

Monday, May 11th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ am CT) - IL – Ariel Wall (1), Daemeon Wall (2), Rose Alwood (2), Jason Wall (34) & Kathryn Murray (69) (April 6, 2019, Timberline Mobile Home Park, Goodfield) - *Kyle Alwood (9) arrested & charged (10/7/19) with 5 counts of murder, 2 counts of arson & 1 count of aggravated arson. The aggravated arson charge is based on the conclusion that the child knew people were in the home at the time the fire was started. Plead not guilty.
Information & court hearings from 10/21/19 thru 11/22/19 reference post #840 here:

12/2/20 Update: Defense attorney Peter Dluski requested the approval of funds to retain a Chicago-area doctor who will determine the boy’s fitness & to retain a private investigator. State’s Attorney Greg Minger did not object to either motion but noted the private investigator is Dave Frank, a retired police officer who works part-time with the Metamora Police Dept. in Woodford County. Judge Charles Feeny granted both motions but said he might not approve the doctor later, emphasizing the value of an objection and “meaningful expert”. The next hearing in the juvenile case was scheduled for 3:45pm. Feb. 27, granting enough time for the boy’s fitness evaluation.
4/22/20 Update: Virtual custody hearing Wednesday. The hearing happened via Zoom. Woodford County Judge Charles Feeney ruled the boy will stay with his paternal grandparents, who are acting as his foster parents right now. The Judge said Kyle’s father will now be allowed to have unsupervised visits with his son. The boy's next day in court for the murder case is set for May 11.

Monday, May 11th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ am CT) - IL – Ariel Wall (1), Daemeon Wall (2), Rose Alwood (2), Jason Wall (34) & Kathryn Murray (69) (April 6, 2019, Timberline Mobile Home Park, Goodfield) - *Kyle Alwood (9) arrested & charged (10/7/19) with 5 counts of murder, 2 counts of arson & 1 count of aggravated arson. The aggravated arson charge is based on the conclusion that the child knew people were in the home at the time the fire was started. Plead not guilty.
Information & court hearings from 10/21/19 thru 11/22/19 reference post #840 here:

12/2/20 Update: Defense attorney Peter Dluski requested the approval of funds to retain a Chicago-area doctor who will determine the boy’s fitness & to retain a private investigator. State’s Attorney Greg Minger did not object to either motion but noted the private investigator is Dave Frank, a retired police officer who works part-time with the Metamora Police Dept. in Woodford County. Judge Charles Feeny granted both motions but said he might not approve the doctor later, emphasizing the value of an objection and “meaningful expert”. The next hearing in the juvenile case was scheduled for 3:45pm. Feb. 27, granting enough time for the boy’s fitness evaluation.
4/22/20 Update: Virtual custody hearing Wednesday. The hearing happened via Zoom. Woodford County Judge Charles Feeney ruled the boy will stay with his paternal grandparents, who are acting as his foster parents right now. The Judge said Kyle’s father will now be allowed to have unsupervised visits with his son. The boy's next day in court for the murder case is set for May 11.
I really hope there is true evidence that he acted completely on his own. otherwise, someone else should be on trial too
JMO

I really hope there is true evidence that he acted completely on his own. otherwise, someone else should be on trial too
JMO

And I totally agree with you - and we both know "who"....

If someone sees an article - please post. I can't access the court site, plus he is a minor so the only dates I have been getting are from articles! TIA!

A 8-year-old boy accidentally causing a fire is not that strange, it happens. What I find really strange is what followed the fire. The survivor list does not add up. It makes no sense that the mother wasn't able to, at the very least, hold the one toddler that was standing right there next to her. It sort of feels like nobody else was supposed to get out of the fire, maybe not even the little boy that is now being accused of causing this fire. If you know what I mean.
All in all, I don't believe this boy had any intentions of causing this big, deadly fire. There was no homicidal intent on the boy's part. I think charging him was unnecessary and quite cruel. This child needs therapy, counseling, a good family that is capable of loving him, caring for him, and raising him to be a good, healthy, balanced human being. This fire was mostly caused by neglect, lack of interest and dedication to this child and all the other children present in that home, and a chronic behavior of abuse on many levels - emotional, verbal, physical, through not being there for these children, an unclean house, inappropriate behavior around the children, and God knows what else.

A 8-year-old boy accidentally causing a fire is not that strange, it happens. What I find really strange is what followed the fire. The survivor list does not add up. It makes no sense that the mother wasn't able to, at the very least, hold the one toddler that was standing right there next to her. It sort of feels like nobody else was supposed to get out of the fire, maybe not even the little boy that is now being accused of causing this fire. If you know what I mean.
All in all, I don't believe this boy had any intentions of causing this big, deadly fire. There was no homicidal intent on the boy's part. I think charging him was unnecessary and quite cruel. This child needs therapy, counseling, a good family that is capable of loving him, caring for him, and raising him to be a good, healthy, balanced human being. This fire was mostly caused by neglect, lack of interest and dedication to this child and all the other children present in that home, and a chronic behavior of abuse on many levels - emotional, verbal, physical, through not being there for these children, an unclean house, inappropriate behavior around the children, and God knows what else.

(BoldedByMe)

I know what you mean
I believe he was not meant to get out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads