IL - Child, 9, charged in fire deaths of 5 people, Goodfield, 6 Apr 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were his kids. I have a problem getting over him hitting a baby. You can love and abuse people. If a kid lit the match or whatever maybe abuse was a factor.
I totally agree that he shouldn't be hitting his kids. It was abusive, and uncalled for.

From watching the videos, the home seemed pretty chaotic. Horrible outcome.

New article, mom says the kid was recently diagnosed with schizophrenia, ADHD and bipolar disorder, and showed interest in fire and lighters. Can schizophrenia and BPD actually be diagnosed as young as 9? (I think he was actually 8 when the fire occurred)

Boy, 9, charged with murder in deadly fire is named and pictured | Daily Mail Online

Yes. And that is interesting, that I pretty much predicted that diagnosis in a previous reply, yesterday prior to this article.

New article, mom says the kid was recently diagnosed with schizophrenia, ADHD and bipolar disorder, and showed interest in fire and lighters. Can schizophrenia and BPD actually be diagnosed as young as 9? (I think he was actually 8 when the fire occurred)

Boy, 9, charged with murder in deadly fire is named and pictured | Daily Mail Online

Here is a WebMD article talking about childhood schizophrenia. Basically a diagnosis before age 13 is, “extremely rare”...

Childhood schizophrenia - Symptoms and causes

It appears bipolar is a potential diagnosis in childhood...

Bipolar disorder in children: Is it possible?

Mom said this boy had interest in fires and lighters, did she do something about it though? Did she talk to him about that? Is she talking to him now, at least, about this whole tragedy and about what may come next for him legally? I'm not casting judgement on anyone because I don't know what was done or what wasn't done, I'm just wondering if the parent(s) at the very least addressed this "interest". He was 8, the videos I saw of him show a little kid, with a little kid voice, talking about little kid's stuff. The adults need to take responsability too if no help was provided to this kid, even after he voiced his "interests".

Mom said this boy had interest in fires and lighters, did she do something about it though? Did she talk to him about that? Is she talking to him now, at least, about this whole tragedy and about what may come next for him legally? I'm not casting judgement on anyone because I don't know what was done or what wasn't done, I'm just wondering if the parent(s) at the very least addressed this "interest". He was 8, the videos I saw of him show a little kid, with a little kid voice, talking about little kid's stuff. The adults need to take responsability too if no help was provided to this kid, even after he voiced his "interests".

They describe it as a fireball. What would cause that? His youtube posts show a child that looks cute and funny. It's weird.

He hit that baby pretty hard.

And more than once. That’s a baby. Makes me wonder what else he was doing in that house. Just based on what I’ve read about kids who kill their parents, this behavior matches up.

And yes he died heroically. That doesn’t mean he wasn’t abusive. What he did there was abusive, IMO.

Going to abstain from videos showing abuse.
There was terrible documentation of the abuse of Adrian Jones and those videos stay in your mind. :eek:

The pics on the mom's FB I've viewed .... no comment.

The article about the furnace and a fireball... how would a nine year old know how to rig a gas explosion ?
Is LE certain without a doubt it WAS the boy ?
Not excusing him if he did something.

Last edited:
I have no idea what video people are talking about.
Maybe I don't want to know.
The pics on the mom's FB I've viewed .... no comment.

Stepdad has FB but no videos. Maybe the mom took them down ?
The article about the furnace and a fireball... how would a nine year old know how to rig a gas explosion ?
Is LE certain without a doubt it WAS the boy ?
Not excusing him if he did something.

The videos are under his name on youtube. Kyle Alwood.

The videos are under his name on youtube. Kyle Alwood.
Ok, I didn't watch all of them.

Guess I'm somewhat mystified by the furnace 'exploding'.
Maybe he confessed to the police that he'd doused it with lighter fluid ?
I'm trying to think of an accelerant that would be common in a household like theirs ?

Last edited:
Ok, I didn't watch all of them.

Guess I'm somewhat mystified by the furnace 'exploding'.
Maybe he confessed to the police that he'd doused it with lighter fluid ?
Trying to come up with an accelerant that would be common in a household like theirs ?

There is a video of his stepdad hitting a baby. How would Kyle manage to not get burnt? Accelerants can burn adults that are setting things on fire. Could he make a furnace explode? And be sure of his safety?

There is a video of his stepdad hitting a baby. How would Kyle manage to not get burnt? Accelerants can burn adults that are setting things on fire. Could he make a furnace explode? And be sure of his safety?
Yeah, it's interesting how we don't know about Kyle's injuries or even if he had any because of the fire. Very interesting.

Yeah, it's interesting how we don't know about Kyle's injuries or even if he had any because of the fire. Very interesting.

They mention him showing up at a relatives house saying his house was on fire. Is there a way a kid could walk away from a furnace issue without burns? Is it something he could have found directions for online. Fire isn't predictable and a 9 year blowing up furnace seems less. It's why you tell kids to be careful around fireworks.

How didn't that mother have some burns on herself from trying to grab the toddlers and bolt for the door ?
At least from the time the explosion occurred until she ran out of the house ?
Something about this tragedy doesn't sit right.

How didn't that mother have some burns on herself from trying to grab the toddlers and bolt for the door ?
At least from the time the explosion occurred until she ran out of the house ?
Something about this tragedy doesn't sit right.

How didn't she have burns period? Or did she. Or is a 9 year old taking the fall for someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea