Identified! IL - Cook Co, BlkMale, 20-30, Tats: Cleveland 216, Rubber City Boy 330, NFL, Jun'15 - Michael Rogers

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Gardener1850, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Claireishere

Claireishere Well-Known Member

It was his brother and he made it very clear his brother was very loved and very much missed

2. Two for the road

Two for the road Well-Known Member

I cant speak to the depressed part, but I do know a lot of bodies that are dumped in the lake end up near Navy Pier because of the tides.

There is a walkway that runs along the lake and during gales there have been many people that have been swept into the lake by waves crashing over the break walls and there is no way out of the water from many locations along the walk way. It is a deep drop, and during heavy waves it is quite easy to get many hundreds of yards out into the lake because of the rip currents . It is just very possible that he was walking when a wave crashed over him and took him away.

You see a lot of people in Chicago that wear a pair of sweatpants under jeans during the winter months because the winds are fiercely cold in Chicago.

3. wordsick

wordsick Member

Gardener1850 correctly guessed the UID having played football for Garfield HS early in the thread. This rang true to me and I spent quite a bit of time going through lists of alumni that would have been born around 1987. Unfortunately I focused on names that suggested Asian heritage. To be clear, I'm sure I wouldn't have found him even if he was listed as African-American. That type of sleuthing is just too hit-or-miss.

RIP Michael Rogers