IL - Damari Perry 6, murdered by mom & brother, fnd in abandoned house, Chicago, 7 Jan 2022 *ARREST*

Sadly, it is possible that "Momma" was a mean son of a gun. And all her children were aware of that. And the two older (now arrested) had to prove their 'loyalty' to said Mother.
Another 'Throw Momma from the Train" creature
Grrrr

They all briefly will appear in court today I believe.
Autopsy tomorrow

Sunday, January 9th:
*Bond Hearing (@ am ET) - IL - Damari Perry (6) was last seen in Skokie with his 16-year-old sister at her friend's home around 3 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2022, reported missing Jan. 5, 2022 & found deceased Sat. Jan. 8, 2022 near an abandoned house in the 700 block of Van Buren St. in Gary) *Jannie M. Perry (38) "Mom" arrested (1/7/22) & charged (1/9/22) with 1st degree murder, obstructing justice & concealment of a homicidal death.
*Jeremiah R. Perry (20) "brother" arrested (1/7/22) & charged (1/9/22) with aggravated battery causing great bodily harm to a child under 12, concealing a homicidal death & obstructing justice.
*Juvenile (16) "sibling" arrested (1/7/22) who is also believed to be responsible for his death, faces charges in Lake County’s Juvenile Court in Waukegan. Has not been named.
According to North Chicago police, Damari & his 16-year-old sister were driven to the party buy a Black female only known as "Monique" & a Black male, who is known as "Wacko" or "Chaos." "He was out with his sister at a play date. She had a cocktail. I guess someone put something in her drink. She ended up falling asleep. When she woke up, my son was gone & so was "Wacko.". When she questioned the girl about where my son was the girl said she didn't know. When she came home, I reported him missing (on 1/5/22 just before 5pm)," said Jannie Perry the boy's mother. Police sources reported Friday (1/7/22) evening that Perry had been found dead & his death was classified as a homicide.
Monique is described as roughly 5'5" & approximately 20-years-old. She was with her 6-year-old son named Tatum. Monique was reportedly driving a black Nissan four-door sedan. The year & model of the vehicle are unknown but the vehicle has a dent on the front passenger door & tinted front windows. Wacko is described as a 22-year-old man with a dark complexion & thin build. He had short braids or dreadlocks. Wacko also has a tattoo with cursive writing above one of his eyebrows.

1/8/22 Update: Police said 6-year-old Damari was found dead near an abandoned house in the 700 block of Van Buren Street in Gary on 1/8/22 & his death has been ruled a homicide. Three adult family members believed to be responsible for the death of a 6-year-old who was reported missing have been taken into custody, according to North Chicago police.
1/8/22 Update: Mother of a 6-year-old North Chicago boy who was found dead in Gary, Indiana, early Saturday has been charged with first-degree murder, and two of his siblings have been charged in his death as well, prosecutors announced. The story about Perry disappearing at a party in Skokie, Illinois, was “completely false.” Prosecutors indicate that more charges could be filed as the investigation continues. All other children in the family’s home were placed in the custody of the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services, according to the statement.
1/9/22 Update: Mother & son were expected to appear in Cook County bond court on Sunday for a hearing while a juvenile sibling of Damari, who is also believed to be responsible for his death, faces charges in Lake County’s Juvenile Court in Waukegan.

Last edited:
Oh oh - I'm in trouble - I have no access to Cook County court site. Can someone help me on this case when the time comes for more hearings?

TIA if you can! :)

Always in awe of your organization and documentation @Niner . I will do what I can to assist you, although I really don't have a clue what and how you do what you do! Much appreciation!

Always in awe of your organization and documentation @Niner . I will do what I can to assist you, although I really don't have a clue what and how you do what you do! Much appreciation!

Thank you! I noticed that Lake County was also mentioned, but you have to pay a fee to get any info on the court site. So hopefully Cook County isn't the same. I can't even access that one - I get - it took too long to find link or something like that.

Prosecutors say the mother charged with killing her 6-year-old Damari Perry “punished” the boy with the help of a sibling and kept him in a cold shower for an extended period before he died at their North Chicago home.

Lake County Assistant State’s Attorney Kyle Doyle said the family of Damari reported that the boy “did something that the mother felt needed to be punished for” on December 30.

That same day, Damari was put into a tub or shower with the cold water on for an “extended period of time,” Doyle said.

Damario vomited and became unresponsive. It was determined the boy was deceased but no one in the family called 911, Doyle said.

Doyle said that Jannie Perry and Jeremiah Perry discussed how to dispose of the body and ended up taking the body to Indiana.

Doyle asked for the court to impose a $3 million bond, while Jeremiah Perry’s attorney, Assistant Public Defender Divina Ayala, asked the court to impose a $20,000 bond.

Prosecutors indicated that more charges could be filed as the investigation continues and the autopsy is completed…

Jeremiah Perry is on probation for aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, a Class 4 felony, in Cook County.

Lake County Circuit Judge Stacey Seneczko ordered Jeremiah Perry to be held in the Lake County Jail on a $3 million bond. She also ordered Jeremiah Perry to have no contact with any of his family members.

Seneczko noted during the bond hearing that Jannie Perry, who is in police custody and was also expected to appear in court Sunday morning, was no longer on the docket for the morning bond hearing.
Prosecutor says mother, sibling of Damari Perry 'punished' child in cold shower, leading to his death
https://twitter.com/DaveKerner/status/1480212129735229440?s=20

Last edited:
Yup.....Shes a throw momma from the train type.
Good Lord! how that baby suffered!

This happened on December 30Th?
And it took 7 days for this brilliant family to come up with the story about "The party"...and "Chaos and Monique..."?

smh

Looks like this is taking place in Lake County & as I said before - you need to pay to access it. So if anyone sees more articles - maybe next hearing dates will be there!

TIA for anyone that can help get the court dates! :)

This case just hits me hard. I have a grandson who is very close to Damari's age. He (GS ) is full of life, joy and innocence along with a great sense of imagination. The world is opening up in front of him...and the why's and how's are non stop.

What on earth could cause THREE family members to do this? Did any of those three ever in life have to write a story/essay on " What does family mean to me?"

Stepping back for a few, but I will be watching

The 20 yo brother, Jeremiah, was charged with "aggravated battery"...doesn't that mean he used some type of weapon? IMHO, there was more going on than just putting this child in a cold shower (although that was torture enough). And what did the 16 yo sibling do? God, this breaks my heart.

Damari Perry mother, brother tried to punish boy, 6, before death, hiding body: Lake Co. prosecutors
In bond court Sunday, Illinois prosecutors said the boy, who had a disability, was placed in cold water and began vomiting before becoming unresponsive.
https://twitter.com/ABC7Chicago/status/1480253085276639238?s=20

Date Disposition Date Sentence Length Unit
2021-12-30 1 NORTH CHICAGO SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE AGG BTRY/CHILD <13/PERM DISABL
2021-12-30 2 NORTH CHICAGO SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE CONCEAL HOMICIDAL DEATH
2021-12-30 3 NORTH CHICAGO SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE PARENT GIVE FLS INFO/CHILD<13
https://circuitclerk.lakecountyil.g...common/courtCaseDetails.xhtml?caseDetailsId=0

Aggravated Battery Based On Injury To A Child Or Disabled Person

“(b) A person who is at least 18 years of age commits aggravated battery when, in committing a battery, he or she knowingly and without legal justification by any means:
(1) causes great bodily harm or permanent disability or disfigurement to any child under the age of 13 years, or to any person with a severe or profound intellectual disability; or
(2) causes bodily harm or disability or disfigurement to any child under the age of 13 years or to any person with a severe or profound intellectual disability.”
Illinois Aggravated Battery Statute | IllinoisCaseLaw.com

I cannot imagine the abuse, chaos and dysfunction in this home. I hope they hold each person guilty of committing the act(s) that led to Dimari's death and coverup.

My mind cannot process the kind of evil, even though we see it thread after thread here on WS.

Fly high Dimari.

Oh man this turned out to be even more horrific than expected. And MOO I'm afraid there are even more terrible details to come. Poor Damari, he didn't stand a chance.

I'm sure the other articles mentioned this, but I didn't catch it and wanted to point it out in case others missed it too:

"The judge also noted that Damari Perry had a disability".

Damari Perry: Mother, brother tried to punish child, prosecutors say

Lake County Assistant State’s Attorney Kyle Doyle said the family of Damari reported that the boy “did something that the mother felt needed to be punished for” on December 30.

<snipped and BBM>

I'm sure there are many here who are knowledgeable about checking birth records, so I will ask - how do I verify that December 30 was also Damari's birthday (as per some reports)? I didn't get very far when I tried checking tonight. Just another sad fact if verified <tears>.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back