GUILTY IL - Darnell Donerson, Jason Hudson & Julian King, 7, slain, Chicago, 24 Oct 2008

What a horrible thing to happen.I don't understand the neighbours heard gunshots at 9-9:30 a.m. that morning,why didn't they call the police?

My prayers go out to Jen & her sister.

Probably the sad reality of living in that neighbourhood (just a guess). :( They might hear gun shots all the time. Or someone thought it was a car back fire (not that many do anymore)... and later told the LE that it must have been gun shots. ?

Unfortunately I am afraid that is the truth Patty,what a scary way to have to live.Any word on the little boy yet?

Am I the only one thinking that it is a shame that her mom still has to live in such a terrible neighborhood when Jennifer has been so successful? This is such a tragedy!

That might be so, but this wasn't a random crime. This was an act of domestic violence against a woman's family by her crazy, violent boyfriend/husband. It happens everywhere, not just in "bad" neighborhoods..

Probably the sad reality of living in that neighbourhood (just a guess). :( They might hear gun shots all the time. Or someone thought it was a car back fire (not that many do anymore)... and later told the LE that it must have been gun shots. ?

Gunshots in the englewood neighborhood?? Yes, I am sure it is "normal" or not out of the norm. It is a violent neighborhood.

I am not from Chi Land, but I was shocked at this news. I hope they find this guy and bring her poor nephew home.

Balfour arrested, but the little boy is still missing.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,443989,00.html

(snip)
Police sources confirmed to WFLD in Chicago that William Balfour, the suspect in the shooting deaths, was taken into police custody. However, Hudson’s nephew Julian King is still missing. Sources say Balfour has refused to provide information on King’s location. No charges have been filed.
Authorities believe King was taken from the home by Balfour.

I made the mistake of reading some of the comments on that forum. Ugh. Hoping for some news on Julian.

That neighborhood is very dangerous, and unfortunately gunshots are far too common in many areas of Chicago. I would love for our "wonderful" mayor to do something about the crime situation rather than worry about the Olympics. Sorry to go off topic...

Very interesting Q&A section on the left side of her myspace. She has her husband as most likely to be arrested. I don't know how to make a screen cap but maybe someone can.

I saw that as well. It also said he sold her car and that is why her brother was picking her up. I just pray the little boy is unharmed. It is always worse when you see all these good times and now these people are gone. So, very sad.

So the suspect is in custody and the child is still missing.
I hope so much that his father at the very least loved him enough to take him somewhere safe, despite the horrible things he's suspected of doing.

Did anyone notice the 23rd was Julia's Birthday?!?!

As the little boy is his stepson I wonder if they were close at all. I hope he hasn't harmed the little guy. He had quite a while to take him somewhere and leave him. I hope that is what he did.

I wonder why they haven't charged this monster with the two murders and slapped a kidnapping charge on him too? I hate these creeps who won't tell what they have done with little kids.

I wonder what brought these murders on? Were him and Julie splitting or fighting? Had he been in a fight with the mother and brother? The whole family must live with the mother if the killer was living there and the little boy was there. Julia must have been on her bus route when the murders took place. It must have been some type of revenge against his wife for him to murder her mom and brother and take her son.

Do they have the death penalty in Chicago? I think two murders more then qualifys him for it. I hope it doesn't turn out to be three.

Did anyone notice the 23rd was Julia's Birthday?!?!

OH my... I hope that's just a coincidence. I cannot believe this SOB does not have the child with him. That is not good. :furious:

What a waste of a life.

As the little boy is his stepson I wonder if they were close at all. I hope he hasn't harmed the little guy. He had quite a while to take him somewhere and leave him. I hope that is what he did.

I wonder why they haven't charged this monster with the two murders and slapped a kidnapping charge on him too? I hate these creeps who won't tell what they have done with little kids.

I wonder what brought these murders on? Were him and Julie splitting or fighting? Had he been in a fight with the mother and brother? The whole family must live with the mother if the killer was living there and the little boy was there. Julia must have been on her bus route when the murders took place. It must have been some type of revenge against his wife for him to murder her mom and brother and take her son.

Do they have the death penalty in Chicago? I think two murders more then qualifys him for it. I hope it doesn't turn out to be three.

Through various newsites, I've heard that a couple of weeks ago Balfour stole his wife's car, she reported it to LE and he then threatened to kill her and the family.

It's 1:30am right now in Chicago and myspace is showing Julia is online. I checked it awhile ago and she was offline. By reading the comments, it looks like she has added new people who have found her myspace tonight. If she doesn't know where her son is, would she be adding new friends (strangers) to myspace? Hopefully she and her son are safe somewhere.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=95546805

Yeah i was just on her page...
and then i went to Jen's page...
and then i noticed Julia was online...
she changed her mood from "pleased" to "numb" :(
poor thing.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads