GUILTY IL - Deborah Dewey, 62, Ladd, 22 Aug 2016 *Arrest*

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Ladd police ask for help in locating missing woman
53073a.jpg

link
Deb Dewey was reported missing after failing to show up for her job at Riverfront Machine in Spring Valley, something her family said has never happened.
She reportedly sent a text to a co-worker at approximately 7 a.m. that morning, but her phone has since died.
https://www.facebook.com/LCAlerts/p...731480469477/1060762517333031/?type=3&theater

http://newstrib.com/Main.asp?Sectio...D=53003&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Her car is missing too? I wonder if she drove off the road somewhere?

She works at 'Riverfront' Machine. I wonder if they checked the river yet?

This is "local" to me - within 10-15 miles and I have been following it all day. The state police are now involved but except for family I don't think LE has organized any searches yet. They did state to the media that they would have a helicopter up today and a call has been put out in the area by the family for help if anyone local has a drone and can help search. Here is the local media report on this: http://newstrib.com/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=28&ArticleID=53003&TM=67810.86

Missing woman's car found in Morris, family member says
One piece of the puzzle in the case of a missing Ladd woman has fallen into place, but no clues have emerged as to the whereabouts of the woman herself.

The son of 62-year-old Deborah Dewey reported Monday evening that her car was found early Monday morning at R Place restaurant, a truck stop in Morris, however police are no closer to finding his mother.

“The police advised not to talk about it any further,” Dewey’s son Chris said, “They’re still investigating further, but we do know the car was found in the parking lot there.”
http://newstrib.com/Main.asp?Sectio...D=53073&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

In los's first post above, the newstrib link mentioned a possible threat to Deb, I think it involved her workplace IIRC. Said no one had been questioned yet. I wonder what is up with that?

"Ladd assistant police chief Israel Ramos said they are working with Bureau County Sheriff’s Department, which provided information to assist with the investigation. Ramos said they were checking on a “possible threat” from an employee and were investigating two names, but so far had not had reason to pull anyone in for questioning."

Thanks wasalurker- from your link:

"Currently, police have secured the car and Dewey's apartment in Ladd."

"We are still working to firm up a time line as to when she was last seen and heard from," Padilla said."

"Dewey has not contacted her family or friends since last Monday. The last known communication from Dewey was through a text message sent around 7 a.m. Monday."

"Padilla said police do have Dewey on security camera footage in the Spring Valley area on Monday morning, but from what can be seen, she's doing nothing out of the ordinary."

"In fact, it's her running errands, and it seems to be routine," he said."

"Padilla also confirmed Dewey has not tried making any calls from her cell phone."

More about the car being found: A volunteer found it. There is video at the station but no footage of Deb: http://www.morrisherald-news.com/20...-whose-car-was-in-morris-parking-lot/aka1kgv/
A volunteer actively searching for Dewey was the one to report the location of the car. Police are unsure how long the car had been parked in the lot, and they don't know if Dewey was the driver of the vehicle when it was parked.

Padilla said there was no footage of the parking lot where the car had been sitting.

"There is footage at the pumps and inside the store and restaurant," he said, adding Dewey was not seen on any of those cameras.

I don't know if we can link a FB radio show - but there was an interview done yesterday with a friend and Deb's son. It's called IV small talk with Mike and Jeff (IV stands for Illinois Valley) In it they stated that they have info that she was in drug store in Spring Valley at 8:30am on Monday , then Dollar General at apprx 8:45 am and that then you can see from video that she turned right which would be heading toward a town called Granville. They have basically nothing after that until the car was found "neatly parked" at the truck stop lot. Her son said that the car was in the 2nd row basically right in front of the doors coming out of the truck stop resteraunt, but that she is not on any video from inside at all and where the car was parked does not have camera's pointed at it. It was unlocked, keys were in it and her purse was also in the car, but no cell phone and of course no Deb. There is a foot search going on today in LaSalle which started this afternoon and as of last update they were still out searching (it is a huge area with woods, a river, and lots of land). Prayers for her and the family

Thanks for the update wasalurker. I wish there were cameras in the truck stop parking lot. Dang.

I don't know if we can link a FB radio show - but there was an interview done yesterday with a friend and Deb's son. It's called IV small talk with Mike and Jeff (IV stands for Illinois Valley) In it they stated that they have info that she was in drug store in Spring Valley at 8:30am on Monday , then Dollar General at apprx 8:45 am and that then you can see from video that she turned right which would be heading toward a town called Granville. They have basically nothing after that until the car was found "neatly parked" at the truck stop lot. Her son said that the car was in the 2nd row basically right in front of the doors coming out of the truck stop resteraunt, but that she is not on any video from inside at all and where the car was parked does not have camera's pointed at it. It was unlocked, keys were in it and her purse was also in the car, but no cell phone and of course no Deb. There is a foot search going on today in LaSalle which started this afternoon and as of last update they were still out searching (it is a huge area with woods, a river, and lots of land). Prayers for her and the family

Thank you for this, wasa!

I can only think of two scenarios

- she disappeared voluntarily, left her car and everything but the phone, which she ditched somewhere else. It would be interesting to know what she bought in the drug store and Dollar General. Was there anything else missing from the car?

- she was carjacked and killed, and her car was dumped at the truck stop. Or she was forced to drive to the truck stop and change vehicles. The person who took her might know that there are no cameras in that parking lot. Works there? Passes through there frequently?

I don't find the first scenario likely, but I hope I'm wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back