IL IL - Diamond, 3, & Tionda Bradley, 10, Chicago, 6 Jul 2001

or if tionda's DNA was compared to her as the bones were found in 2005 and they say the young girl was an african american female approximately between the ages of 5 and 9 and could have been dead as far back as 2001 which is the year the girls went missing. Hey it may be worth looking into. I googled to see if I could find an article linking the 2 and came up with nothing. So it may be worth a shot.

While I knew Tionda had been ruled out as being the Jane Doe found in 2005, Shelia Bradley informed me to her knowledge this person is still unidentified. Sadly, this person is not listed as a UID or Jane Doe in any of the online sites for the unidentified.

In the past I have come up to a brick wall with trying to make contact with the Medical Examiners office in Chicago, but I will again try to make contact and try to confirm if these remains are still unidentified and get them into NamUs.

Shame on me. As best as I tried to recall each and every name of those who attended the vigil for Diamond and Tionda, and as emotional as I was upon returning, I neglected to mention the mother of Mya Lyons, Ericka Barnes was also in attendance.

My heart and prayers go out to all who have been victims and came out to show their support to the Bradley family Wednesday evening.

It's hard to believe that those precious babies are still missing. I think it was someone they or the family knew who took them. Someone out there knows something and needs to come clean.

http://www.wavenewspapers.com/newsinblack/NO-TRACE-OF-MISSING-SISTERS-125244284.html

Tionda and Diamond Bradley disappeared from their Chicago apartment in 2001, but an international investigation has turned up few clues.

By J. Coyden Palmer, News in Black Correspondent

Story Created: Jul 8, 2011 at 3:47 PM PDT

CHICAGO — Family, friends and community members gathered at a South Side park this week to pray for two sisters who have been missing for 10 years.

It was in July 2001 that Tionda and Diamond Bradley vanished from their apartment in the 3500 block of Lake Park Avenue on Chicago’s South Side.

snipped from Ctaylor's link.

Over the last decade, questions have also been raised about the girls' mother, Tracy Bradley. At one point during the investigation she was arrested for disorderly conduct, and has reportedly refused to cooperate with investigators. When Grace came to Chicago five years ago to profile the case, Bradley sent a representative instead of appearing herself; she has also declined to answer direct questions from the media during press conferences, choosing instead to make brief, prepared statements.

The girls great aunt Shelia Bradley Smith has always been the family spokesperson for this case. In the many google news archives, it does say the girls mother did take a poly. I'll see if I can find a link to the MSM article indicating TB did take a poly.

The girls Charley Project page indicated the girls mother took a polygraph shortly after the girls disappeared as a matter of cooperation and is not being called a suspect in her daughters disappearance.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bradley_diamond.html

I think the info at Charley may be a typo indicating Tracey's mother took the poly and is not being called a suspect in her daughters disappearance. Diamond and Tionda would obviously be Tracey's mothers granddaughters. I'll see if I can find another source regarding the poly.

Two pay to view Chicago Sun Times articles but the exerpts both show that the girls mother took and passed a poly with regards to Diamond and Tionda's disappearance.

<LI class=g>Chicago Sun-Times : Missing girls' case goes national on TV

&#8206;$2.95 - Chicago Sun-Times - Jul 15, 2001
Bradley took and passed a polygraph test earlier last week. ... disappearance of sisters Tionda and Diamond Bradley is asked to contact the Chicago Police ...

<LI class=g>Chicago Sun-Times: Home searched in missing girls case
&#8206;
$2.95 - Chicago Sun-Times - Jul 12, 2001
The mother, Tracey Bradley, has been interviewed at least four times and submitted to a polygraph test, which she passed, a police source said. ...

Chicago's Black and missing

The families of Yasmin Acree and sisters Diamond and Tionda Bradley hopes the new series &#8220;Find Our Missing&#8221; on TV One cable network will bring in new leads to seemingly cold missing persons cases of color.

[snip]

Diamond and Tionda Bradley went missing from their South Side home in 2001. They were ages 3 and 10 respectively. They would now be 13 and 20 years old.

[snip]

The Bradley sisters' case is scheduled to be featured on 'Find Our Missing' on Feb. 8.

More: http://www.chicagodefender.com/article-12392-chicagos-black-and-missing.html

t1larg.missing.girls.charley.jpg

Tionda Z Bradley left and Diamond Yvette Bradley right.

Beautiful ones, you are not forgotten and many pray for you to be found.............
You've been gone too long.

I saw some of the show last night. The girls' family member believes GW took the girls. The show said they searched his apartment soon after they went missing and didn't find them. I was wondering if GW is still a suspect.

Also, I feel the mom may know some information that may help the case that she is hiding.

Also, I feel the mom may know some information that may help the case that she is hiding.

I didn't get to see the TV show as we're a TV'less household.

I met the girls great Aunt Shelia and the girls mother at the 10 yr vigil this last July. I didn't get the impression, the girls mother was hiding anything. (JMO).

MSM reports she passed a polygraph. I'm curious, if LE says she passed a poly, why you might feel she is hiding something and what she might have to hide?

Please keep in mind, LE on the south side of Chicago doesn't have a great reputation for treating Black people kindly. Think of Jon Burge and the men he brutalized until they falsely confessed to murder. This went on for a long long time on the south side. It would lead me to distrust the police, if I were a black person on the south side.

Curious to your thoughts Jbrown324320.

tia

Hi Cubby,

My main reasons that I feel the mother knows something are:

1) The phone message saying George was at the door. (a big flag) She didn't know the message was on her phone until a few days later. Most moms who are frantic would be instantly checking the voicemail or any way to find any trace of her daughter(s)- not days later. Also, the mom deleted the phone message saying "it's between me and God" why she deleted it. Also, the mom told the great aunt (the one spearheading searches and the shows looking for the children) that the phone message was left a month earlier, but the cake they were getting for the sister was for a birthday the day after the disappearance (per Nancy Grace show transcript). The aunt thought the mom was lying about the message being a month old.

2) The mom changed the times where she got home from work- 11am to 12:30pm

3) The mom moved very soon after the disappearance. Many parents of missing kids want to stay in the same place for a few years to see if they come back.

4) The mom has been combative with the police several times and on the TVone show, someone in the original search team said she became very upset when someone suggested to call police.

5) On the TVone show, they asked who the great aunt thinks took the girls and she said "I am sorry, but (mom's name) knows I need to speak my mind. I think GW took the girls." It seemed to me like she was apologizing to the mom for speaking her opinion like her opinion would upset the mother. This got me thinking that maybe the mom may be covering for GW.

GW also knew the girls would be alone. They seemed like they knew not to open the door to strangers. That would likely mean they opened the door to someone they knew.
The mom trying to say the voicemail was left a month before the disappearance to me seems like she was trying to cover up for GW.

Hi Cubby,

My main reasons that I feel the mother knows something are:

1) The phone message saying George was at the door. (a big flag) She didn't know the message was on her phone until a few days later. Most moms who are frantic would be instantly checking the voicemail or any way to find any trace of her daughter(s)- not days later. Also, the mom deleted the phone message saying "it's between me and God" why she deleted it. Also, the mom told the great aunt (the one spearheading searches and the shows looking for the children) that the phone message was left a month earlier, but the cake they were getting for the sister was for a birthday the day after the disappearance (per Nancy Grace show transcript). The aunt thought the mom was lying about the message being a month old.

2) The mom changed the times where she got home from work- 11am to 12:30pm

3) The mom moved very soon after the disappearance. Many parents of missing kids want to stay in the same place for a few years to see if they come back.

4) The mom has been combative with the police several times and on the TVone show, someone in the original search team said she became very upset when someone suggested to call police.

5) On the TVone show, they asked who the great aunt thinks took the girls and she said "I am sorry, but (mom's name) knows I need to speak my mind. I think GW took the girls." It seemed to me like she was apologizing to the mom for speaking her opinion like her opinion would upset the mother. This got me thinking that maybe the mom may be covering for GW.

Thanks, JBrown'. May I abbreviate your user name as JBrown'?

My reply is from memory. There are two George's. One was a neighbor, the other is, iirc, Diamond's father. I don't believe either has been ruled out-but I do not know that for certain. LE, iirc, has never publicly named a POI or suspect. Who their internal POI and suspects are we don't know.

There were two family birthdays around the time the girls went missing. (I found this face book surfing or searching google news archives. I'm sorry I can't link it, just remember reading it.) One was very close to the time the girls went missing. Another, was earlier and had already passed when the girls went missing. I don't recall which family members birthdays were when. One was an adult's birthday, the other was a child's birthday. It is possible, the call/voice message the girls mother received was in fact an older message pertaining to another family member (one of the two) birthday.

I recall reading some time ago the mom initially gave LE an earlier time because she thought she would be in trouble with DCFS for leaving the girls alone. It's been discussed previously, (here and I think elsewhere) this isn't that unusual for "latchkey kids" or kids with single parents. I remember babysitting at age 10 myself in the 70's. Not for long periods of time, maybe an hour or two at most, and I was only a few doors down from my home and my mom was home-if I needed to reach her, but I was baby sitting by myself at age 10.

I don't recall reading anything about when the mom moved, so no comment on that.

With regards to mom being combative with LE. IIRC, I read something about her 'spiritual advisor' or her local minister giving her advise, which imo, led to being combative. If my memory serves me right, the minister said something directly to Diamond and Tionda's mother about her rights being violated in the way LE was treating her. Personally, I don't know if she would have become combative if not led into that belief of mistreatment by her minister. She was upset her girls were missing, this person/the minister led her to believe she was being treated improperly. I think that is a cultural thing within the black community, to rely more heavily on a minister for emotional support than LE. Perhaps if the minister had a different approach, she would not have been as combative. I hope that makes sense, because I don't think she arrived at that conclusion or a reason to be combative without someone else suggesting it.

As for the great Aunt Shelia being more vocal about her opinion on a possible suspect or POI, and the girls mom choosing not to publicly support that same belief, think back to at least two cases. Mya Lyons father. It was not until after her father was arrested for her murder, her mother publicly commented on her suspicions of him being responsible. Then consider a much more recent case, that of 2 year old Bianca Jones. Bianca's father came up with the most ludicrous of stories, one less believable than that which Casey Anthony came up with about Zanny the Nanny. Bianca is still missing. Publicly, her mother is "supporting" the childs birth father, whether she believes his story or not.

When I attended the 10 yr vigil (which I posted about upthread, iirc). There were many members of the community there. Other victims families were also in attendance. I can say, honestly, after meeting the girls mom in person, there is nothing that even sparked a tiny alert on the hinky meter. I have more faith in the truth behind her not being involved after having met her, even if briefly.

Still praying the answers to these girls disappearance comes soon. This family has waited far too long for answers. :praying:

Had to run out earlier, but wanted to comment. The one thing I have never seen released by LE to the public, is when the last time the girls were reportedly seen by a non family member. It's apparently something is not sharing with the public.

I'd like to believe the girls where home when their mother left for work that morning. I'm more than 50% that I believe they were. However, that info not being released by LE has never fully left my mind with regards to the truth about what happened to the girls.

Sure, you can call be JBrown. No problem.
I am sure the mom didn't do anything to her girls, but that doesn't mean she could be protecting the person who did.

Here is the clip from Nancy Grace show about the voicemail. Nancy is talking to the great aunt:

BRADLEY-SMITH: Well, one of the other siblings, her birthday was the day after, that the children were allegedly missing. So I could only believe that they were talking about the cake of the sibling, because it was her birthday.

GRACE: Had they planned to go get a cake?

BRADLEY-SMITH: To my knowledge, no, but when I questioned even their mom regarding the voice message and other family members questioned her about it, she did indicate that that was a message that was left almost a month prior for her birthday.

However, I don`t believe that because, one, the message was dated, and two, her mom would not have been picking up an explicitly made cake for Vicki`s birthday.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/20/ng.02.html

and more from the same transcript mentioning the family moving:

KATHY CHANEY, WEB EDITOR, "CHICAGO DEFENDER": Well, that`s where it becomes sketchy, because it`s that they`re saying that some kids say they saw the kids outside playing, then, the mom said she saw them last when she went to work. So, it`s kind of sketchy to pin down who really saw the kids."

"FBI got involved. And I know that Tracy, initially, told the police that she was at home sleeping until about 11:00 that morning and then she woke up and the girls were gone. She was scared to say that she left the girls home alone to go to work. So, I know that there were some inconsistencies, but you know, she fessed up to it. But after that, it`s pretty much the lost search time. And then, I have to mention also that the family had moved away shortly after the girls were missing." bolded by me

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back