IL IL - Diamond, 3, & Tionda Bradley, 10, Chicago, 6 Jul 2001

I also posted this on Diamond and Tionda's thread.
I can see a resemblance...what about you guys?
Ohhh I so hope it's her!!!!

The family of two sisters missing for nearly seven years has renewed hope for their safe return after a forensic artist said an online photo of a mystery teen is the older child, according to reports.
Lois Gibson, a forensic artist with the Houston Police Department, said the online photo is that of Tionda Bradley, who disappeared at age 10 on July 6, 2001, from Chicago's south side with her 3-year-old sister, Diamond, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.
"I took a hard look at them (the photos) for the first time (this week), and I do not say this lightly, but it's her," Gibson told the Sun-Times.
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,353951,00.html

Sorry guys...I posted this as well on another thread of theirs...I didn't know they had more than one. Anyway I hope it's her!

Honestly it doesnt look so much like her that I would believe 100% that it was

I definitely see the resemblance.

How did they find the picture and is the girl in it aware of all of this? :confused:

Do yall think it's her?

I'm not sure, children change so much over the years. I looked at both photos, wanted so bad to see a resemblance, but honestly it's hard to say. I would love for this to be her, for her family's sake.

I really think the girl looks a lot like her. I wish someone (Nancy Grace, et al) would cover this and see if they can identify who/where this girl is. I've only seen local news stories on this picture, though this Fox story may be national?

Also, take a look at this site-
near the bottom is the age progression picture of Tionda- they look incredibly similar IMO.
http://www.findtiondanddiamond.com/OURBRADLEYSISTERS.HTML

Interesting. I can't tell if the pics are of the same girl, but I did a little research on Lois Gibson, the forensic artist, and it seems that she's highly respected.

"... probably the most respected forensic artist and facial expert in the world." "Internationally Acclaimed." In The Guinness Book of World Records as "The World's Most Successful Forensic Artist" for the highest crime solving rate based on composite sketches. Etc.

She did the drawing for Galveston's "Baby Grace" (id'd as Riley Ann Sawyers), and also of the little boy (still unidentified) whose body was found in DuPage County.

Here's her website.

Its not her..
The hair line is different and that is something that does not change. Unless your like a 40 YO balding guy;)

I definitely see the resemblance.

How did they find the picture and is the girl in it aware of all of this? :confused:

According to Tionda and Diamond's aunt, who posted on their thread last year, "They tracked the photo to a twelve year old girl that didn't want to use her own photo; so she claims to have gotten it off the internet." One would think the computer forensics experts would be able to track where she downloaded it from.

This is very poor reporting skills on the part of the journalist. It leads to more questions than answers, IMO. Where did the picture originate? What lead them to believe it is Tionda? Experts should not be making public statements like this without additional information. Can you imagine what the parents are going through with that little tidbit? What if the expert is wrong and their hopes are dashed AGAIN? I just cannot imagine.......

Interesting. I can't tell if the pics are of the same girl, but I did a little research on Lois Gibson, the forensic artist, and it seems that she's highly respected.

"... probably the most respected forensic artist and facial expert in the world." "Internationally Acclaimed." In The Guinness Book of World Records as "The World's Most Successful Forensic Artist" for the highest crime solving rate based on composite sketches. Etc.

She did the drawing for Galveston's "Baby Grace" (id'd as Riley Ann Sawyers), and also of the little boy (still unidentified) whose body was found in DuPage County.

Here's her website.

A great aunt of the missing Bradley sisters aays an expert told her the girl in a photo sent to the family last year appears to be of Tionda.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6116324

more at this link

http://www.nbc5.com/news/16116960/detail.html?dl=mainclick

It looks like the photo isn't of Tionda then. I figured as much. I've seen several cases of strangers that look like identical twins. I wish the picture had been of Tionda. Her family deserves answers.

It looks like the photo isn't of Tionda then. I figured as much. I've seen several cases of strangers that look like identical twins. I wish the picture had been of Tionda. Her family deserves answers.

The announcement actually says they are still waiting on verification whether she is or is not Tionda (caps and color copied from http://www.findtiondanddiamond.com/):

WE ARE STILL AWAITING FINAL
VERIFICATION TO CONFIRM THAT SHE IS OR IS NOT TIONDA.

There's still hope. :)

WOW! That was fast! I wonder how they located her. Will be waiting on news whether or not this mystery girl is Tionda.

Thanks SO much for the update White Rain!

I am glad they will be able to find out if it is her or not. I hope the girl's "parents" are willing to cooperate for testing and not drag this out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back