IL IL - Edna McIntyre, 17, Chicago, 20 Feb 1972

I wonder if maybe Edna should be looked for in Canada?

Are you sure? I ask because Ancestry has a birth record in Kentucky for Edna F McIntyre with a matching birth date of June 2, 1954. If this is the missing Edna then her maiden name is McIntyre and she would have used Droysen either by marriage or for some other reason. I can find no record of a marriage (but that does not mean one did not occur as genealogy sites are rarely complete). The only Droysden possibilities which occur to me are;
  • Did she have any Wisconsin links? In 1972 Robert L Droysen was arrested and convicted for pandering (in effect, pimping). This comes from Droysen v. Hansen, 59 F.R.D. 483 | Casetext. Whilst I have no reason to think there is any connection it is something I would be seeking to exclude.
  • Did she know a George Droysen, who was at Brother Rice High School in Chicago in the 1960s, and (born 1951) seems the only male Droysen in Chicago of a similar age to Edna.
Not much to move us forward I know.
I’m so sorry, I should have said that was a theory that she was married. It’s off if she wasn’t because I don’t know where she got that name from

I'm new here so maybe I missed to comparison, but there is a missing girl from Germany in 1995 that looks like Edna. Sonja Stephanie Engelbrecht
Missing since April 11, 1995 from Munich, Germany. It's kinda scary how much they look alike.

I find frustrating the lack of information. There's not even a clue about the last sighting, her personal circumstances or why she was considered a victim of foul play.
Did Edna live in Chicago or was working/visiting someone there?
Was she married? Why may she use the surname Droysen?
Why is it considered a juvenile missing? Has she dropped out of sight before?
Did Edna live with her family or a foster home?
Who alerted the LE?
There's nothing... not even a newspaper article or and interview with a family member. It's heartbreaking. Someone must know her, maybe she was an orphan, but she must have friends, partners, high school students and teachers who remember her, neighbours...

3857DFIL - Edna Faye McIntyre

Edna Faye McIntyre

Name: Edna Faye McIntyre
Case Classification: Juvenile Missing
Missing Since: February 20, 1972
Location Last Seen: Chicago, Cook County, Illinois

Physical Description

Date of Birth: June 2, 1954
Race: White
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 125 lbs.
Hair Color: Blonde, Long
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Edna Faye Droysen
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: White fur coat, Brown desert boots
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance

Edna McIntyre was last seen on February 20, 1972 in Chicago, Illinois. Foul play suspected.

Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: Chicago Police Department
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: (312)746-6000
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: RD K059732

NamUs Case Number: Unknown
NCIC Case Number: Unknown

Information Source(s)

Family Member
Chicago Police Department

It is now confirmed that she is the Edna F McIntyre born in Kentucky. This comes from Edna Faye McIntyre (1954-1972) - Find a Grave... which gives her mother as Elizabeth Cornett (her maiden name) which is the same as on the Kentucky birth record. She went to Schurz High School in Chicago as a 1970 yearbook photo on Ancestry is clearly her. A family tree on Ancestry says that she married a Charles Droysen. There are records on Ancestry for a Charles Wayne Droysen born in 1953 in Skokie, which is very near to where Edna went to school. However I cannot verify a marriage or that this would be the right man.

Posted this in another thread, but she looks a lot like San Fernando Jane Doe 1976. Would've been 21 in 1976, height and weight within range. Blonde hair (Doe had blonde roots). The only thing that doesn't add up is eye color (Edna's are blue, Doe's are brown), but this could be explained by level of decomposition.

Thread : CA - CA - Sylmar (Lopez Cyn), WhtFem 587UFCA, 18-25, Purple Bell-Bottoms, Apr'76

emcintyre-janedoe1976-04631(3).jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back