Missing pregnant Shannon Watts body found, athorities believe they know where the bodies of her 2 children are located, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

GUILTY IL - Edwin 'Eddie' Gulbransen, 11, Oak Forest, 26 June 1980

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by chicagofa13, Oct 30, 2008.

1. chicagofa13

chicagofa13 New Member

This is just sick. This poor family, all these years they believed this guy just killed their child by accident and tried to cover it up. Now it's kidnap, sexual assault and murder.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-il-sexoffendercharge,0,373939.story

MARKHAM, Ill. - A convicted sex offender faces first-degree murder charges in a 1980 hit-and-run that killed an 11-year-old boy.

Ronald Rice claimed at the time that he accidentally struck Edwin Gulbransen in June 1980 as the boy rode his bicycle in the Chicago suburb of Oak Forest.

But Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart said Wednesday that investigators now believe Rice allegedly intentionally hit the boy, then took him to a forest preserve, where he sexually assaulted and killed him.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-cold-case-30-oct30,0,2654770.story

For 28 years, Bette Kociolek believed that her 11-year-old son died in an accident when a car struck him as he rode his bike.

But Wednesday, Cook County authorities said the driver who had expressed remorse in 1980had in fact purposely hit Kociolek's son, kidnapped and sexually assaulted him, then strangled and stomped the boy to death.

In a brief interview at her Tinley Park home, Kociolek said the disclosure had ripped open an old wound, leaving her overcome with emotion.

2. eleven

eleven New Member

OMG....this evil, sick, horrible piece of ****......I hope he suffers every day of his miserable, pathetic life. Seriously, if this "man" was in front of me, I would gladly snuff him out, for the betterment of the world, without a second thought.

Can't imagine what Eddie's poor mother is going through....I mean, MY anger over reading this story is overwhelming----I am seething....I can't even imagine the way SHE feels. Bless her, for her heartache must be immeasurable.

May this sorry excuse for a human suffer for the rest of his days, and then burn forever in the fiery pits of hell.:furious::furious::furious:

3. MissieMt

MissieMt New Member

This is just heartbreaking. I can not even imagine what the victims family must be feeling right now :(

4. lizzybeth

lizzybeth Active Member

This POS is pure evil. To plan to hit a child on their bicycle, fein helping them by getting them into the vehicle and then doing something like this.

I wonder if an autopsy was done on the boy. Wouldn't they be able to tell that the cause of death wasn't consistent with being hit by a bicycle? Maybe if they had then the second little boy might have been spared.

I can't think of a death horrible enough for this man. :furious:

5. txsvicki

txsvicki Active Member

It's absolutely ridiculous if this is true and this horrible man was able to con his way out of a premeditated pedophile murder. An autopsy should have been done and not just take personal opinions and thinking what something looks like is actually what it is.

6. MeoW333

MeoW333 New Member

I hope the POS gets the death penalty; the poor family reopening of their wounds and all.. =(

7. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From August 2010:

http://articles.chicagobreakingnews...1_eddie-gulbransen-bette-kociolek-ronald-rice