IL IL- Emily Truong, 21, Palatine, 26 May 2020

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by mlhenn, May 30, 2020.

1. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Police Looking For Missing Palatine Woman | Journal & Topics Media Group

upload_2020-5-30_14-14-0.jpeg
    •5-ft. 4-in. tall, 130 lbs.
    •black/brown waist-length hair
    •brown eyes
    •has a scar on the back of her left hand
    •last seen wearing a black tank top shirt, black leggings, a black windbreaker and black shoes

•last seen on May 21 leaving her residence on foot in the 200 block of W. Johnson.
    •After not hearing from her, her family reported her missing on Tuesday, May 26.

2. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Village of Palatine

Emily was last seen leaving her residence on foot in the 200 block of W. Johnson carrying three bags of luggage.
    She said that she was going to the west side of Chicago.
    It is believed that she had taken public transportation.
    Police learned that she last texted her boyfriend on or around May 27. Since that time, there has been no further contact.

Anyone with information regarding the possible location of Truong is asked to call the Palatine Police Dept. at 847-359-9000 or dial 911.

TatianaBarbie likes this.
  3. CluelessWonder

CluelessWonder Well-Known Member

So, her "family" didn't "hear" from her and reported her missing. This sounds like she didn't live with her family. Right after she was reported missing, she texts her boyfriend. Where does he live? Did she live with him? Is the source that says she left with three suitcases? Did she text him on any of the other days between May 21 and May 27? Where did her phone ping when she texted him? Where was her phone pinging on the other days? And who leaves on foot with three suitcases even if they are headed to the train? Ever heard of Uber?

4. ogls

ogls Which way did they go??

Need more information, who is the last seen person? If it's BF, I'm worried. There should be cameras on bus/biz ones tracking her route? I get bad feeling though, leaving with 3 suitcases, to me means, I got into an argument and I'm getting my stuff out right now, I'm so mad I'm going to drag 3 suitcases on a bus just to get away. Last text, allegedly, to BF?

Def need more information

5. UnapologeticallyAspie

UnapologeticallyAspie Well-Known Member

Great questions! IMO.

ReaderRabbit likes this.
  6. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Great Questions for LE!

ReaderRabbit likes this.
  7. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

It could be a different woman with the same name but IMO this Facebook page with her name looks like her based on the photo posted in the thread. The last post is from days after she was reported missing. https://www.facebook.com/EmbeezyBaby

8. CluelessWonder

CluelessWonder Well-Known Member

The last post I see on that FB page is from a year ago today.

9. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

You are right. It WAS 2019 . . I needed more coffee.

10. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

Quote SBM.

IMO it's not implausible to take luggage, even a few pieces, onto public transportation. IF I could manage to lift/maneuver the bags together, I'd possibly do this myself to save money and also because having never used Über or Lyft, they aren't my comfort zone.

I really hope she is voluntarily missing and safe.

11. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

I
    I live in Chicago and do not use Uber. There have been several instances of uber drivers (or people posing as one) raping or sexually assaulting female passengers in our city. I take the train if I can or use a regular taxi (I use the one my husband's company uses all the time). The fact that she took luggage means to me that she was likely unhappy with her living arrangements and just wanted to leave. I do wish she'd let people know that she is safe.

12. CUBE

CUBE New Member

Does anyone know if she had any tattoos?
    I have information regarding a woman that may have been abducted. I reported it to police already but they haven’t followed up on it. I am just looking online to see if I can find any missing people that match the description of the person I saw

on a side note, the woman in the video I filmed had a Pokeball tattoo and a cross tattoo on her left thigh. The reason I figured I’d ask on this thread was because the crime I filmed was around this date.

swedeheart likes this.
  13. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Palatine police probing case of 22-year-old woman reported missing

This report states she is 22 years old. Also states last seen on May 23 on Chicago’s West Side.

In other reports it has been the following: 21 year old, last seen May 21 but family reported her missing on May 26, and she was said to be going to Chicago’s West Side.

14. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

15. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

I am unsure about a tattoo. I have not read any descriptions of ET which include tattoos. I did come across the link below; it states she has a 4cm scar on the back of her left hand.

https://www.missinginillinois.org/post/emily-truong-21-may-21-2020-palatine-cook-county-illinois

16. TatianaBarbie

TatianaBarbie Well-Known Member

There is an interesting comment (and replies) by JRS on that post. Thank you for posting that link, @mlhenn! The post is already getting buried, so here is the link to the post:

Village of Palatine (permalink)

j_in_c and mlhenn like this.
  17. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

18. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Emily Truong is now in NamUs.
    The circumstances of disappearance provides some updated details.

NamUs Case Created: June 30, 2020

Circumstances of Disappearance
    The missing person boarded a Metra train at the Palatine Metra station en route to Chicago on 5/21/2020.
    On 5/22/2020, the missing person was in Chicago with a friend and never made it back to Palatine.
    The missing's phone was no longer in service on the evening of 5/22/2020, and she has not been heard from since.

Via Marple likes this.
  19. aug1796unsolvedhomicide

aug1796unsolvedhomicide New Member

Emily - 아녕 This is my dads page. I have not figured out to do pictures. Thank you

MajorHoople likes this.
  20. aug1796unsolvedhomicide

aug1796unsolvedhomicide New Member

I am going to share about the Missing Person an Children since we have so many an I have them in my groups. This ways others can see where they can post for Missing Family Members.

MajorHoople likes this.