IL IL - Erica Thompson, 53, Brookfield, 25 Sep 2019 *endangered*

Police renew call for info on missing woman

With the search for Brookfield resident Erica Thompson entering its third week, Brookfield police have revealed new information gleaned from cellphone data records about the location of the 53-year-old woman's cellphone the morning after she was last definitively seen in the village.

[...]

According to police, Thompson was last seen on video at about 4:30 p.m. on Sept. 25, making a bank deposit in Brookfield. Cellular data indicates that during the early morning hours of the following day, Sept. 26, the cellphone travels from Brookfield to other communities, including Countryside, Hodgkins, McCook, Forest View, Summit and the Bridgeview area.

[...]

2_2_67350_2_1_690x520.jpeg 2_2_67351_2_1_690x520.jpg

With the search for Brookfield resident Erica Thompson entering its third week, Brookfield police have revealed new information gleaned from cellphone data records about the location of the 53-year-old woman's cellphone the morning after she was last definitively seen in the village.

[...]

According to police, Thompson was last seen on video at about 4:30 p.m. on Sept. 25, making a bank deposit in Brookfield. Cellular data indicates that during the early morning hours of the following day, Sept. 26, the cellphone travels from Brookfield to other communities, including Countryside, Hodgkins, McCook, Forest View, Summit and the Bridgeview area.

[...]

View attachment 209193 View attachment 209194
Ok, so we have a last video of her making a bank deposit. Has she used her bank card ever since? Stayed a hotel somewhere? Food, gas? She made a deposit, not a withdrawal.

I wish I knew how to share Google map trips on here......

I mapped out all the places mentioned in order that they were listed and the trip was surprisingly short despite many places being listed and despite my napping out the trip in the order that they were listed vs order that might be quickest or make the most sense geographically. Less than 1 hr from Brookfield to the "final destination" of Bridgeview and all the other places in between. I believe it was about 20 miles for the trip. (Again really wish I knew how to save and share that map info)

I wish I knew how to share Google map trips on here......

I mapped out all the places mentioned in order that they were listed and the trip was surprisingly short despite many places being listed and despite my napping out the trip in the order that they were listed vs order that might be quickest or make the most sense geographically. Less than 1 hr from Brookfield to the "final destination" of Bridgeview and all the other places in between. I believe it was about 20 miles for the trip. (Again really wish I knew how to save and share that map info)

@MissMalowe - this is my attempt at mapping all those areas. They aren't mapped in the order LE gave but rather mapped to what "looked" like a logical route to me. Although - nothing about this case is logical MOO. Hope this helps.

Google Maps

@MissMalowe - this is my attempt at mapping all those areas. They aren't mapped in the order LE gave but rather mapped to what "looked" like a logical route to me. Although - nothing about this case is logical MOO. Hope this helps.

Google Maps
LE hasn't said that Bridgeview was definitely the last area her phone pinged at, although they listed it last, in the article. Hoping LE was able to at least do drive-bys as soon as they received the info and SO hoping this leads to tips and Erica.

LE hasn't said that Bridgeview was definitely the last area her phone pinged at, although they listed it last, in the article. Hoping LE was able to at least do drive-bys as soon as they received the info and SO hoping this leads to tips and Erica.

Correct, LE didnt Bridgeview as the last area her phone pinged at, that's why I mentioned in my post that I mapped it out based on the order LE listed the areas and used quotations when referring to "final destination" of Bridgeview. I was just trying to give an idea of total distance, as with all of those places, one might assume a lot of miles would have been covered or a great deal of time but in reality, all of those places are very very close to one another.

Missouri was the last place her phone pinged and I noted that distance from Brookfield earlier too, which I believe was about 500 miles.

Google Maps

Thankyou! That's what I was trying to do but I could not figure out how to save it and then upload it here Good Job, KatzEye!

Correct, LE didnt Bridgeview as the last area her phone pinged at, that's why I mentioned in my post that I mapped it out based on the order LE listed the areas and used quotations when referring to "final destination" of Bridgeview. I was just trying to give an idea of total distance, as with all of those places, one might assume a lot of miles would have been covered or a great deal of time but in reality, all of those places are very very close to one another.

Missouri was the last place her phone pinged and I noted that distance from Brookfield earlier too, which I believe was about 500 miles.
You're mapping is very helpful to me and pretty darn interesting. The puzzling outlier is the Missouri ping, and her phone being on the move in the early morning hours. I'm so afraid for Erica :(

You're mapping is very helpful to me and pretty darn interesting. The puzzling outlier is the Missouri ping, and her phone being on the move in the early morning hours. I'm so afraid for Erica :(

KatzEye was the one who Provided a map. I couldn't figure out how to save and share lol :oops::rolleyes:

I wish I knew how Missouri fits in too. For someone who was described as a homebody (paraphrasing) that's quite a trip to take without telling anyone.

Has her son been actively looking? Reached out to media at all? Just curious. MOO

Idk what (if anything) has been done in terms of boots on the ground looking, but he’s been posting on social media and he also started a Facebook fundraiser page. It seems like he’s trying to get the word out via social media on a regular basis.

KatzEye was the one who Provided a map. I couldn't figure out how to save and share lol :oops::rolleyes:

I wish I knew how Missouri fits in too. For someone who was described as a homebody (paraphrasing) that's quite a trip to take without telling anyone.
Then thank you very much, KatzEye, too !
Would it normally be procedure for LE to contact Missouri LE in the area where her phone pinged , asap? I would hope so, but have no idea as to how quickly that might happen. I imagine they'd have to feel pretty certain the Missouri ping was solid.
Does anyone know how wide-ranging a BOLO from one LE agency usually is? IOW, what geographic area might be encompassed in an initial BOLO Erica's local police agency put out right away, if it did that? Just curious about procedures, timing, enlarging possible search areas, etc.

[...]

[...]

View attachment 209193 View attachment 209194

My first thought on this case is that we really don't know what the state of her house was other than "unusual." The dishes could literally be whatever she ate dinner on, and by the bed a mug of tea that went moldy. The cats vomiting seems normal if they were left alone for days, especially if they were stressed. The door was open, so they could have been sampling any number of edibles outside they weren't used to. Cats also just vomit hairballs on a regular basis so that detail, to me, is just further indication that she had not returned and had been gone awhile.

The delay to report is worrying. Is there not a neighbour or mailman or LE patrol that could have noticed her door wide open?

The phone's path makes me think dumping evidence. But if this is foul play, whoever left her house in such a state is disorganised so it makes sense they wouldn't check her for the phone or not realize it was just in sleep mode. But then its most likely they killed her in the house and wouldn't there be substantial evidence in that case? If it was left on by a killer to divert attention, why leave the house in that state? I wonder if the door was left open because whoever left it that way actually had some empathy for the cats being left there and wanted to give them an escape. This would mean that person knew Erica wasn't coming back whether it was her or someone else.

First of all thank you all for sharing Erica's story. I ask you all to keep an eye out for that purple Nissan Juke of hers. She comes from a very small family and her son and sister are frantic. I can answer some of the questions posed by some of you. She kept her house impeccably clean and took excellent care of her cats. She did not suffer from depression, at least not any more than a normal person. To the OP who lives in Brookfield you are correct it is a safe town. This was not a random act nor did she runaway. And yes the federal agency that investigates kidnappings is working this job. I wish i could tell you more but i have been gagged. But a person smart enough to google the words: kidnap incident Heyworth should be able to see what direction this case is going and understand why it is imperative that we find Erica's car. Her phone was last pinged on route 44 near Springfield, Mo. Any help or info any of you can come up with should be reported to Brookfield,IL PD ASAP. Thank you.

First of all thank you all for sharing Erica's story. I ask you all to keep an eye out for that purple Nissan Juke of hers. She comes from a very small family and her son and sister are frantic. I can answer some of the questions posed by some of you. She kept her house impeccably clean and took excellent care of her cats. She did not suffer from depression, at least not any more than a normal person. To the OP who lives in Brookfield you are correct it is a safe town. This was not a random act nor did she runaway. And yes the federal agency that investigates kidnappings is working this job. I wish i could tell you more but i have been gagged. But a person smart enough to google the words: kidnap incident Heyworth should be able to see what direction this case is going and understand why it is imperative that we find Erica's car. Her phone was last pinged on route 44 near Springfield, Mo. Any help or info any of you can come up with should be reported to Brookfield,IL PD ASAP. Thank you.

Welcome to WS and sorry for what you're going through here.

@The Night Watchman thanks for the link!

Chicago-area task force involved in kidnap incident near Heyworth

From the article- The kidnapping victim was not with the truck driver or at the scene. That person's status was not available Saturday; police did not release the name of the suspect.

This incident was 12 days ago.

The kidnapping suspect has still not been named, and the kidnapping victim still has not been named.

Pretty unusual for a kidnapping case, but obviously this information is sensitive to the investigation.

Hopefully, because LE believes that Erica could be alive.

Welcome to Websleuths, @Bob K and I am so sorry to see that Erica has not been found alive yet, nor has her vehicle. I really appreciate you answering some questions we had- that is helpful. I didn't think she left on her own. Praying for a positive outcome.

I highly recommend you become a Verified Insider- that way there, if there is something you wish to share with us (that you are allowed to, of course), you don't have to provide approved links with your posts.

My thoughts and prayers are with Erica and her family and friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back