IL IL - Erica Thompson, 53, Brookfield, 25 Sep 2019 *endangered*

GraceG

Reaction score
I'm posting this as this woman lives in my village and she went missing under suspicious circumstances (I do not know her or what street she lives on). Erica Thompson left work on Sept 25. When her family didn't hear from her, her son went to her home. The back door was open, the A.C. was on full blast, there were dirty dishes in the sink and by the bed, and the pet cats had been left unattended. Security footage from the home had been erased. Her car was missing and her phone last pinged in Missouri. Here's an article from a local paper. Police investigate Brookfield woman's disappearance as well as CBS. Police investigate Brookfield woman's disappearance Brookfield is approximately 20 miles west of downtown Chicago and is in Cook County. Being bordered on 3 sides by large Metroparks and (including a river) it has a very small-town feel to it and very low crime/no obvious gang activity.

Attachments

• Erica-Thompson.jpg
    Erica-Thompson.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 104
Just a note on the A.C. being on full blast when she was reported missing on October 1. I remember really warm temps a couple of days early in the month and checked the historical Brookfield weather. We had a high of 88 the day her home was found empty. With the back door being open, in my opinion, the ac likely just cycled on full due to the increase in house temperature.

Police investigate Brookfield woman's disappearance

On Oct. 1, Thompson failed to show up for work and did not call in sick.
She rarely leaves her home, mostly just for work and to the store.
Moldy dishes were left piled in the sink and next to her bed.
Her cats were left unattended.
The police pinged Thompson's phone in Springfield, Missouri, and that police there are also investigating her disappearance.

**A description of her car, a metallic purple 2014 Nissan Juke with license plate number E27 3380.

A little more info from sleuthing. I won't post her address but I verified it through the local white pages. It's a nice neighborhood of single-family homes. It is pretty far away from the major thoroughfares through the village (Ogden Avenue and Hwy 55) that takes you in or away from the city. If someone planned to commit a crime and then flee the city, her neighborhood would NOT be one I'd pick as far as ease of getting to the freeways. (we have what my husband and I call "the traffic circle from hell" about a block southeast of her house - lots of congestion and accidents there as there are SIX streets (12 if you count both directions) that access it. Not a place to make a quick getaway unless you are local and know the little back roads to take to get out to Ogden or Hwy 55). Google Maps

Missing Brookfield woman considered 'endangered'

“At the time of her disappearance, Thompson lived alone at her Brookfield residence, said Petrak, though she had lived with someone else there in the past.”

Wonder who she lived with prior and is this person cooperating with LE. Was she known to be a clean person or were dirty dishes next to the bed norm?
MOO

Assuming LE have checked CCTV for grocery stores in the area or that her son knew her to frequent. Since she was a homebody that only went to work and to the store, that somewhat narrows down her contact with others and knowing her back door was left open and video erased, it’s obvious someone got into her home. MOO

I'm posting this as this woman lives in my village and she went missing under suspicious circumstances (I do not know her or what street she lives on). Erica Thompson left work on Sept 25. When her family didn't hear from her, her son went to her home. The back door was open, the A.C. was on full blast, there were dirty dishes in the sink and by the bed, and the pet cats had been left unattended. Security footage from the home had been erased. Her car was missing and her phone last pinged in Missouri. Here's an article from a local paper. Police investigate Brookfield woman's disappearance as well as CBS. Police investigate Brookfield woman's disappearance Brookfield is approximately 20 miles west of downtown Chicago and is in Cook County. Being bordered on 3 sides by large Metroparks and (including a river) it has a very small-town feel to it and very low crime/no obvious gang activity.

Dishes everywhere and near the bed sounds very strange. Could be drug abuse, could be a held against will situation.

Is there any possibility that she was depressed, hit bottom and took off? It sounds far more suspicious than that, and maybe that's why there's a delay between the disappearance and it making the news?

Last edited:
A little more info from sleuthing. I won't post her address but I verified it through the local white pages. It's a nice neighborhood of single-family homes. It is pretty far away from the major thoroughfares through the village (Ogden Avenue and Hwy 55) that takes you in or away from the city. If someone planned to commit a crime and then flee the city, her neighborhood would NOT be one I'd pick as far as ease of getting to the freeways. (we have what my husband and I call "the traffic circle from hell" about a block southeast of her house - lots of congestion and accidents there as there are SIX streets (12 if you count both directions) that access it. Not a place to make a quick getaway unless you are local and know the little back roads to take to get out to Ogden or Hwy 55). Google Maps

Thank you for the map! I like to have a closer look.
Has her car been found?

upload_2019-10-8_19-36-56.png

upload_2019-10-8_19-37-19.png

upload_2019-10-8_19-38-12.png

I'm also wondering the significance of the dishes. Like someone above already asked, is she normally a tidy person?

Appx how many days/meals worth of dishes were piled on the bedroom floor and kitchen sink? Were those dishes all from one day or the course of several days?

Was she perhaps sick or depressed? People tend to be less tidy at those times. Are they thinking the food wasn't just hers? Like she had company; either welcomed or unwelcomed?

I'm also wondering the significance of the dishes. Like someone above already asked, is she normally a tidy person?

Appx how many days/meals worth of dishes were piled on the bedroom floor and kitchen sink? Were those dishes all from one day or the course of several days?

Was she perhaps sick or depressed? People tend to be less tidy at those times. Are they thinking the food wasn't just hers? Like she had company; either welcomed or unwelcomed?

It makes a big difference doesn't it. If she had a coffee cup in the living room, lunch dishes in the sink and supper dishes near her bed, did she have a TV in her room and a dishwasher that wasn't used for some reason?

Depression seems like one possibility, but the missing car and phone, erased video (not sure what that means), perhaps uncharacteristic dishes around the house, was someone else in the house with her? Dishes for two?

Brookfield police seek public’s help in disappearance of 53-year-old woman

“WGN spoke with Thompson’s son, Michael Russo. Russo said it was unlike her not to go to work or check in with family.

He said Thompson’s back door was found open with the AC running at full blast. The house had moldy dishes in the sink with cat vomit everywhere, Russo said.

He told us the biggest red flag was that his mother’s AC was on full blast and that she keeps a tidy home.”

Brookfield, Illinois Police Seek Help Locating Erica Thompson; Missing Since September 25, 2019

“Her son reported that her house was left unusually in disarray”

Now this tells us that per her son, she is not normally messy...the erased video is very suspect. Apparently she wasn’t reported missing until a week later? That’s a lot of time for somebody to get away. Hope for neighbors surveillance too. MOO

Where did she work that next of kin was not notified when she did not show up for work, or did she just miss one day of work before the son was notified?

Who reported her missing? The son - a week later?

Brookfield police seek public’s help in disappearance of 53-year-old woman

“WGN spoke with Thompson’s son, Michael Russo. Russo said it was unlike her not to go to work or check in with family.

He said Thompson’s back door was found open with the AC running at full blast. The house had moldy dishes in the sink with cat vomit everywhere, Russo said.

He told us the biggest red flag was that his mother’s AC was on full blast and that she keeps a tidy home.”

So she doesn't normally miss work without calling in. When she did miss work, presumably next of kin was notified when she did not arrive at work - and is the son next of kin? Between the day that she did not report for work, and a week later when she was reported missing, what happened?

Who was notified by work that something was wrong? What did the son do? Did he immediately go to her house, see the situation and wait a week to report her missing? Did work not notify next of kin that she was a no-show at work, did work notify next of kin and he waited a week?

Where did she work that next of kin was not notified when she did not show up for work, or did she just miss one day of work before the son was notified?

Who reported her missing? The son - a week later?
That’s what I don’t understand. The delay is concerning. Has she went away before so he didn’t report right away( just in case it was another voluntary leave) then got concerned with how things were left behind at her home and contacted LE a week later? MOO

What is the relationship like between the mother & son? I can only imagine LE is looking at all possible angles. Someone else in the neighborhood must’ve seen something. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back