IL IL - Garren Rudolf Beller, 38, Chicago, 19 Nov 2009

dreamweaver

Reaction score
http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091205/NEWS/912050312
Garren Rudolf Beller, Ashland Or went to visit relatives in the midwest on
Nov. 15, 2009.
He was to return by Amtrak to Portland, OR. He was not on the train.
Roommate reported him missing Nov. 25, 2009.
>

An Ashland man who went to visit friends and family last month in the Midwest hasn't returned, prompting friends in Oregon to report him missing, Ashland police said.
"We feel it's kind of suspicious," said Ashland police Lt. Corey Falls, adding that police wanted to seek the public's help before any more time passed and the potential trail grew colder.
Garren Rudolf Beller, 38, of the 400 block of Liberty Street, Ashland, went to visit friends and family in Indiana and Illinois Nov. 15. He was last seen at Chicago's Union Station later that week and was scheduled to arrive in Portland via Amtrak on Nov. 21, police said. A friend went to pick him up in Portland, but Beller never arrived, police said. No one has heard from him since, Falls said.
A roommate called Ashland police Nov. 25 to report Beller missing.
"We are trying to get as much information as we can to piece together the details," Falls said.
Investigators are coordinating with law enforcement agencies in other states in an attempt to figure out who Beller had visited and where he might have gone.
"Hopefully, he just took a long vacation," Falls said.
Police have no information that a crime has been committed, a fact that has slowed investigative efforts, Falls said.
Beller has worked in construction. He is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs about 200 pounds, police said. When last seen, he had shoulder-length light brown hair and wore a quarter-carat diamond earring in his left ear.
Investigators ask anyone with information about Beller and his whereabouts to contact Ashland police Detective Rick Spence at 482-5211 ext. 2172.

pic at link

I live in Ashland just a few blocks from this man. My husband and son run a construction company here. His name and face are familiar but I don't know him. This man did not take a "long vacation" IMO. Something is very wrong, though, as I've heard through the construction grapevine that he has several dogs. Guys might leave a woman but guys don't leave their dogs!! I checked his FB page and sure enough, those must be his dogs. Not gonna buy a "vacation" unless he provided for his babies before he left. He's in my thoughts.

I live in Ashland as well.
I don't know this man, but thought his missing status should be looked at.

The article says last seen at the Union Station in Chicago, but not what time or did he get on the Amtrak.
LE does not say if they talked with Amtrak officials. Did he use a ticket? Was he seen on the train? Did he get off the train and not get back on board?

Glad to know about his dogs.
News article said a roommate reported his missing status. Hopefully he/she is taking care of the dogs.

I have checked online about any unidentified person being found in the Union Station area, but found nothing.

I live in Ashland as well. Sounds very odd. I have ridden the train recently and it doesn't seem to have much security. I was thinking it was a step up from the greyhound bus. I hope they figure out where he is soon.

How nice to know we have 2 Ashlandites here, Mayelf and Missizzy :blowkiss: I sure hope Mr Beller is found safe and sound, and soon. It is getting cold out there!

How nice to know we have 2 Ashlandites here, Mayelf and Missizzy :blowkiss: I sure hope Mr Beller is found safe and sound, and soon. It is getting cold out there!

I think you missed Dreamweaver too??

I'm a native Oregonian, but not from Ashland. :)

I hope this guy is out there, but it seems really off. I rode Acela on the East Coast, but I don't remember them scanning or checking my ticket except once to board and once during the trip when she punched it. They announced to have your ID out and did spot checks of ID and tickets to make sure you matched up, but they definitely didn't do it for everyone, since they didn't check mine!

Hmm.. So if he flew to Illinois, Isn't it cheaper to get a round flight? Maybe he had something else planned and therefore didn't want a round ticket on the plane??

I looked up a random date ticket, and it was $150. So maybe still cheaper then flying.

A ticket from Chicago to Portland, is a 46 hour ride. The friend said he was arriving on the 21st, so he must have left Chicago on or around the 19th? Is that right?

He was reported missing on the 25th.

I wonder if they have the record of his ticket? There is a few unidentified males who were killed around the Amtrak train but most are off-route that I can find.

His route according to the Amtrak site would have been through the northern states. There is another route, that's double the price and double the time that would go to LA and then back up, which doesn't really make sense to use.

There is no smoking on trains, so if he was a smoker they allow certain times they can get off for 5 minutes. I'm not sure if there is rhyme or reason to that schedule.

I'm looking into some of the stations they would have stopped at and seeing if there was anything in the news around those dates. If he did in fact get on the train and head home.

One-way tickets are priced now about half of the round trip, which isn't the way it used to be. I've flown into cities on the east coast and rode Acela to my next destination. The train ride from LA to PDX is supposed to be nice, maybe he did want to see the country. But I keep going back to the dogs. His dogs are what tells me he didn't just stop off for a vacation, people want their dogs cared for. Although stranger things have happened.

Family of missing man seeks answers

http://kdrv.com/page/153291
================

This video has Garren B's aunt and uncle discussing his disappearance.
Per this report,
Garren grew up in the Greensprings area outside of Ashland.
His parents are both deceased.
His cousin has a twitter page going for him.
His cell phone goes to voice mail.
There is an eviction notice on the door of his house.
Although, the report says his landlord did this only to gain access to
the house. She says he is a wonderful tenant.

He left Nov. 15. He was dropped off in Chicago to come home Nov. 19.

Just thinking out loud. Four days seems a short time for a visit with relatives, maybe he did plan a ski vacation on the way home.
Will look for accidents in and around some ski areas.

hmmmm....Men of 38 don't usually dissapear -- especially ones who own doggies. Has LE thought about stroke or heart attack? Any hospitals checked? Travelling (flying) can cause many problems -- so that's where my hunch is taking me right now.

Just an opinion --

Mel

Questions:
Did he buy a ticket?
Has the ticket been used?
Has Amtrak been questioned? Maybe they know he got off at a stop.
Has his cell phone been tracked by pings?

Have security tapes been reviewed at Chicago Union Station?
Does Amtrak have security cameras?

Does Garren have friends along the route from Chicago to Portland?
Does he act on impulse? Get off the train and go skiing, for example?
Would he do something rash, say, if he met an interesting woman?

Does Garren carry a laptop? A camera? Does he use email to stay in touch
with friends and family?

When was the last time his bank account was accessed?
If he last used an atm, where was this? Did the bank atm camera capture him on tape or someone else?

In searching for crimes around Union Station in Chicago, I found one unidentified person. It does not appear to be Garren Beller.

Addition -

What was his conversation with the person who dropped him off on the 19th?

Were they questioned at all about what might have happened?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
locallady50
Back