GUILTY IL - Governor Rod Blagojevich in Federal Custody

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by twinkiesmom, Dec 9, 2008.

1. twinkiesmom

twinkiesmom New Member

2. Loading...

3. gooniequeen

gooniequeen New Member

No suprise here. Chicago politics is totally corrupt. I'll be interested to see how far and wide the corruption is as this all unfolds.

4. PandaJ

PandaJ New Member

Wow!! And I was just watching the news before I left for work this morning and Blagojevich made some sort of snarky comment about people being sneaky and taping him, and how they are more than welcome to do so. What a cocky POS. I'm glad they got him, I'm tired of all this political corruption in IL!!

jmo

5. t93

t93 Member

I'm mad they couldn't have done this before he robbed the State Workers Pension Fund. All of those retirees with their pensions illegally tapped by this corrupt %&$###.:behindbar

6. NSC

NSC Former Member

I have been waiting for this for YEARS!!! Yippe Ki A - I knew he was corrupt the first election.

Hopefully the state will see some good work comp reform as well now!!!

7. PandaJ

PandaJ New Member

ITA! He has been corrupt for such a long time now and even though he KNEW he was being investigated, he was so cocky that he kept it up.

I knew it was only a matter of time - great day in Chicago (aside from the weather of course) if you ask me.

jmo

8. dreamerlin

dreamerlin New Member

I've been a Southside Chicago Democrat since before I was born but I never liked Blago. Always fighting with Daley and Madigan. You knew something was up. I'm just glad that they waited until after the Presidential election for this to go down.

9. PandaJ

PandaJ New Member

10. dee10134

dee10134 I'm BAAAAACK!

11. WholeLottaRosie

WholeLottaRosie Dancing on a moonbeam!

I am shocked and saddened. I hope the allegations are unfounded. I have had the pleasure of meeting Blagojevich and he is very nice. Very kind and sweet to my daughter, and I am just in tears over how I will tell her about this.

12. rosepetal1065

rosepetal1065 Ive got splinters..in the windmills of my mind....

My Brother-in-law works for this guy. He's part of the Gov. personal protection team through the Illinois State Police. I'm hoping this doesn't effect them........too much. :(

13. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

14. chicagofa13

chicagofa13 New Member

Best news I've heard in ages!! He is such a crook. Now to just get the rest of Chicago's and IL's corrupt politicians. I can't believe what he was saying! F this, F that, F him (Obama!). Wow.

Rosepetal, there is always going to be need for security, now it will be for the new/temp gov. I wouldn't worry.

15. dee10134

dee10134 I'm BAAAAACK!

I remember shaking this crook's hand at the South Side Irish parade in Chicago during his first run for office. I didn't vote for him either time, but he really SEEMED like he was a nice guy. Boy was I and the state of Illinois WRONG! A total wolf in sheep's clothing!

16. Deborah1012

Deborah1012 New Member

17. Anuniaq

Anuniaq New Member

Listening to the news... he is the 5th of the last 8 to be indicted. WOW. If jailed he would be the 4th of the last 8 to go to jail.

UNBELIEVABLE!!

18. MagicRose99

MagicRose99 Watch out for my thorns!

I laughed when I first heard this... how STUPID can he be?!?! LOL!

19. t93

t93 Member

Sorry to get so mad,folks, but I know people personally who have been effected by this governors corruption. I'll be good now.:) Believe what you read, that is all I can say. There will be a lot more to come out, trust me.

20. chicagofa13

chicagofa13 New Member

You should be mad!! Hopefully the wife is next on the list to be arrested. IMO she's a crook too!

21. Fairy1

Fairy1 Divided We Fall

Both of them are POS's. We have plenty of corruption right here in Vegas, but these people are unbelievable! I hope the AG makes HUGE examples of them!!!