IL IL - Helen Green, 12, Chicago, 1971

Many posts have been removed. There is no DNA confirmation, therefore there is no official identification. This in turn means there has been no formal notification of family members. WS does not permit anyone to make such announcements unless it is known 100% via MSM or from LE that family members have been advised.

NOTE: Websleuths does not condone members becoming personally involved in cases by initiating contact with family members, law enforcement, or the media. This does not preclude responding to a request for volunteers, or utilizing proper channels to report valid information, i.e., "a tip", to law enforcement.

Can you imagine the general public reading at WS and contacting this family to express their condolences when the family has not even been formally informed details about their loved one?

Contacting family members and posting about it here, including posts about their most private feelings and emotions is a gross violation of their privacy.

Bumping. It's been three years waiting on a DNA confirmation? Ae there any updates?

I think three years is the record for waiting on a DNA confirmation. Hoping for news soon.

Sigh. It is hard to wait. I know of a three-year case in Massachusetts, confirming the identity of a drowning victim...and with the COVID-19 situation, many labs have been closed or working with reduced staff. If it's hard for us, it must be hellish for her family.

And we seldom find out when an identification has been confirmed but is being withheld due to investigation into the circumstances of the death.

Do we know why Helen is not listed with NCMEC?

Here is her NamUs case file:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Just to clarify, Helen was listed in NCMEC. When the family first contacted us, we obtained help from NCMEC to get her reported as missing. They also helped us obtain LE information so that we could get her listed in NAMUS and submit her information to Doe. As I have stated before Helen's family loves her very deeply. They are simply scared of the system.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, Helen was listed in NCMEC. When the family first contacted us, we obtained help from NCMEC to get her reported as missing. They also helped us obtain LE information so that we could get her listed in NAMUS and submit her information to Doe. As I have stated before Helen's family loves her very deeply. They are simply scared of the system.
Completely understood, I hope they are staying strong through this

Completely understood, I hope they are staying strong through this[/QUOTE
They are trying, as in most old cases that seem to have gone on forever, it's very hard. She does have a Facebook page and as with all old cases, she is also on Debs page. I kinda feel in a way like all the cases of missing kids from the 70's are holding Deb's hand until we can bring her home.

They seem to be. Sending love and prayers their way!!

Last edited:
Helen reminds me of my life long childhood friend. They resemble one another, but my friend is several years younger than Helen.

I noticed three different agencies are listed on Helens NamUs page. One in Chicago, one out of Georgia and one having to do with the Social Security. May I ask how these other agencies are involved and if they are causing the DNA comparison to be further delayed?

My heart is just so heavy that Helen's family has been left hanging for so long....... This should have been taken care of 2 years ago.

Are they ever going to complete the comparison or are they-being the authorities-just going act like Helen didn't matter because of her home life. It just feels that way after so long.

If you guys need any feet on the ground help, please let me know as I am in the Chicagoland area.

We keep having the other LE agency's removed but for some unknown reason they keep putting them back. Social Security agent is listed because Helen was compared to FLEK.

Helen's brother lives in Georgia and LE there took his DNA sample. Chicago LE is the department that actually has her case, that is where she went missing from.

My own opinion is that they prefer to act like her and her family doesn't matter. It takes less of their time that way.

Thank you for your offer to help, it is appreciated.

I just saw a June 19th post on the “Helen Marie Green is missing” Facebook page that said she has/had been found deceased. They are just waiting for an exhumation of the remains and law enforcement to comment further (if they so choose, I’m assuming).

I had no idea. :( I hope her family can find some kind of peace.

I just saw a June 19th post on the “Helen Marie Green is missing” Facebook page that said she has/had been found deceased. They are just waiting for an exhumation of the remains and law enforcement to comment further (if they so choose, I’m assuming).

I had no idea. :( I hope her family can find some kind of peace.

I'm one of 2 family advocates. We posted here too but.it was removed.

1st the ground was frozen then COVID stopped the exhumation from going thru. We're praying they do it before winter

I'm one of 2 family advocates. We posted here too but.it was removed.

1st the ground was frozen then COVID stopped the exhumation from going thru. We're praying they do it before winter

Sorry to hear about the very frustrating set back for all those who are involved. I did see the removed posts about an identification. I will wait patiently for an official announcement. Good thoughts for her loved ones and you as their advocate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back