IL IL - Helen Green, 12, Chicago, 1971

Too bad agencies won't allow the public to donate toward a case to speed things up.

What was the abbreviation FLEK earlier in the thread?

I hope this precious girl's case will be resolved soon.

FLEK was our moniker for a woman who changed her name at least twice and then passed away. She used the name Lori Erica Kennedy, but we used F to indicate False, seeking her birth name:

Lori Ruff Identified as Kimberly McLean of PA

Many, many pages of good research if you have time to invest.

Bless you Helen!

Bumping. It's been three years waiting on a DNA confirmation? Ae there any updates?

I think three years is the record for waiting on a DNA confirmation. Hoping for news soon

The exhumation has been completed and the DNA has confirmed that Helen Marie Green has been found deceased. I've asked when they will announce it and nobody seems to know when the announcement will occur.

The exhumation has been completed and the DNA has confirmed that Helen Marie Green has been found deceased. I've asked when they will announce it and nobody seems to know when the announcement will occur.
The 'wow' is for the fact that no announcement has been done (my impression is that the identification of Helen has been known for a while behind the scene) and it's vague it will be in the future. Could the family have requested a non-announcement?

Poor lovely Helen and off course her family.

The 'wow' is for the fact that no announcement has been done (my impression is that the identification of Helen has been known for a while behind the scene) and it's vague it will be in the future. Could the family have requested a non-announcement?

Poor lovely Helen and off course her family.

Still seek answers and myself waiting for LE or someone to announce her case is closed. No her family did not request it. Theyve gone through hell the last 4 or 5 years while NCMEC and Chicago LE have dragged their feet debating what to do while her family "knew" she was probably gone, there was nothing being done by anyone except SSA who did everything she could to get them to $hit or get off the pot. It's why we decided a few years ago to announce it to at least give the family a little bit of "closure".

Fact is that places like NCMEC just do not care about these older cases to spend money to close them.

Still seek answers and myself waiting for LE or someone to announce her case is closed. No her family did not request it. Theyve gone through hell the last 4 or 5 years while NCMEC and Chicago LE have dragged their feet debating what to do while her family "knew" she was probably gone, there was nothing being done by anyone except SSA who did everything she could to get them to $hit or get off the pot. It's why we decided a few years ago to announce it to at least give the family a little bit of "closure".

Fact is that places like NCMEC just do not care about these older cases to spend money to close them.
This is crazy. What needs to be done to close a case?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back