IL IL - Isaac Danyus, 62, Waukegan, 26 Sep 2012

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by los2188, Dec 8, 2013.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Isaac Winifred Danyus

[​IMG]
    The 62-year-old was last seen by his family on Sept. 26, 2012 in Waukegan, Illinois. Danyus had breakfast with his wife that morning. Later on he met with his brother, Charles Danyus, to make funeral arrangements for their sister. But he never returned home and did not attend his sister's funeral. His family was immediately alarmed and said the disappearance was "unlike" him.

Danyus is described as a good family man. (no criminal record, faithful husband, working at same job for 34 years, married to same woman for 37 years, 3 children).

Danyus' Chevrolet Blazer was found near an apartment complex where his son lived almost two years ago. A door to door questioning of the apartment residents proved to be unsucessful.

Danyus is described as a Black male with salt-and-pepper hair, 5-feet 9-inches tall and 155 pounds. Anyone seeing Danyus is asked to contact their local police department or the Waukegan Police Department at (847) 599-2608.

http://www.bet.com/news/national/2013/03/22/black-and-missing-isaac-winifred-
    http://www.missingin.org/reg7827/isaac_winifred_danyus.htm

2. Loading...

3. CatFancier

CatFancier Former Member

4. CatFancier

CatFancier Former Member

5. shefner

shefner Websleuth Member

I wonder if all the stress of the death of his sister, combined with maybe his age, caused him to have some type of mental lapse. It has to mean something that his car was found in a location where his son lived a couple years ago. I hope he is ok and simply got confused....

6. los2188

Far be it from me to steal good ideas, :) but I was wondering the same thing. I hope we hear something new about him soon.

7. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

So, he's been missing for over a year, right?

8. los2188

Indeed he has been missing for over a year.

9. shefner

shefner Websleuth Member

Ahh.....I just now noticed that. Thanks for highlighting the year. Bless his heart.

10. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

His son was sentenced to 20 years in prison for attacking a boy with a hammer. The article notes that he was the last person to see his father before he disappeared. It just highlights that aspect but doesn't elaborate if he was responsible. Isaac Danyus Sr. has been missing for three years now.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/lake-county-news-sun/crime/ct-lns-danyus-battery-st-0718-20150717-story.html