IL - Jaquari Dancy, 4, found strangled, Chicago, 14 May 2005

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Jeana (DP), May 16, 2005.

1. Jeana (DP)

Jeana (DP) Former Member

Chicago woman charged with strangling 4-year-old son

CHICAGO (AP) — A woman was charged Monday with strangling her 4-year-old son after he disobeyed her instruction to stay home while she left to do laundry, police said.

Nicole Harris, 23, was charged with murder in the Saturday death of Jaquari Dancy. She remained in custody in lieu of $1 million bond.

Prosecutors said Harris left the boy and his 5-year-old brother home alone as she did the laundry. She discovered the boy outside when she returned about 45 minutes later, beat him with a belt and sent him to his room, prosecutors said.

When he would not stop crying, she wrapped a sheet from the top bunk of a bunk bed around his neck and strangled him until he stopped moving, then returned to the coin-operated laundry, according to prosecutors.

http://www.courttv.com/news/2005/0516/harris_ap.html

2. curious1

curious1 So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm

Hmmm...how should we deal with this....I know strangle her!:loser:

3. mrs4point0

mrs4point0 Inactive

This story literally makes me sick. Some parents have a very distorted view of their role as supervisor and guardian of their children.

4. Jeana (DP)

Jeana (DP) Former Member

This beotch makes me sick too. The mere fact that she left a 4 and 5 year old at home alone is enough to make me want to slap her.

5. golfmom

golfmom Former Member

There are no circumstances justifying leaving children this young alone. She could have taken them with her to do laundry ... she could have found a family member/neighbor/friend to watch them if she needed a break.

I need a break from parents abusing / killing their children ..... :behindbar

6. wordsnmorewords

wordsnmorewords Blessed are they who maintain justice; who constan

I just read this article http://tv.ksl.com/index.php?nid=6&sid=205439 that states that the father was home at the time of the strangulation, but did not know the son was dead until the mother came home. Hello???????:waitasec:

<snip>The boy's father was apparently sleeping in the home when the child was strangled but did not notice he was dead until Harris returned, Simonton said.

7. Belinda

Belinda Doer of Things

Nicole Harris

Sentence Date: 10/04/2006

Offense: Murder/Intent to Kill/Injure
    Sentence: 30 years

Projected Release Date: 05/06/2035

03/13/2009 - Judgment affirmed by appeals court.

8. kbl8201

kbl8201 Former Member

30 years pffttttt

sentence should be the same she gave him.........hanging

9. JoeFromLB

JoeFromLB Active Member

She'll be only 53 when she gets out. Heaven help any children that might get "in her way".

A person who would do something like this should be executed or locked up for life.

10. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Feature article from January 2014:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...w-met-20140119_1_sta-von-dancy-jaquari-diante