IL IL - Jared Hanna, 28, Jerseyville, 2 July 2011

Closer to where he was last seen. I live in the western part of Clinton County, so not real close, but near enough to want to help and to stay alert.

Have you been following the Facebook page? I can see that the family is getting irritated with some of the posting there, I hope they don't take down the page.

Closer to where he was last seen. I live in the western part of Clinton County, so not real close, but near enough to want to help and to stay alert.

Have you been following the Facebook page? I can see that the family is getting irritated with some of the posting there, I hope they don't take down the page.

Why are the family members getting irritated? I haven't followed the FB page closely because I am watching several cases at once and trying to put up food from the garden.

Does not sound promising that he was walking down a road in dark clothing late at night. Wondering if anyone in the area has vehicle damage and told friends they 'hit a deer'???

this is my line off thinking as well

Why are the family members getting irritated? I haven't followed the FB page closely because I am watching several cases at once and trying to put up food from the garden.

Well...I have not seen any type of nasty comments or anything, but maybe they deleted them before I could see them...but more likely the family interprets any kind of questioning or speculation as negative and non-productive. They just want help and prayers.

I know it must be hard for them, but the nature of people is to wonder and speculate, and try to get to the facts.

That's why I love this site:) Perhaps the Facebook page should just be a place for positive posting...the other stuff could come here?

This is an odd case, I've got a million questions.

The sighting of Jared at 8:30 AM at the trailer home behind the college has been confirmed by the Clinton County Sheriff - so he was there that morning with a gas can, asking for directions to the Casey's gas station in Centralia about 5 or 6 miles away. That's the last he was ever seen. He never made it to the gas station.

Why was he out there near Centralia? Alone? In the rural area? Truck was backed into position...not like he just ran out of gas on side of road...Why didn't he ask to use phone?

Of course my sleuthing mind wants to know about things like custody...he has full custody of his two girls...why? How's his relationship with his ex? Any enemies? Drug habit? Gambling debt? What kind of crowd does he hang with? Etc, etc,etc....

See those are the things that the family does not want to deal with on the Facebook I guess...

If he has custody of his kids... where's the ex? Have they checked out her alibi?

I followed Beth Bentley's case, she went missing from Centralia (if you believe the last person who saw her). And the obvious thing that was brought up about her was the prison. The Il Dept of Corrections has a prison just northwest of Centralia, which I believe is where Jared's truck was last seen and close to Kaskaskia College (if that's where mommya is talking about). I'm not sure we ever figured out the prison's visiting or release hours to know if that matched up with when Jared was last seen that morning but it's something to think about.

I am in the general area and will keep eyes and ears open.
Some things in the stories that I read about his behavior
have me concerned. The accounts I read gave me the
impression he may have been pretty disoriented.

From what I've read, the two girls were staying with their mom that weekend, but they are now back with Jared's sister. I think Jared and the girls live with the sister.

Looks like the ex has a facebook page with mostly stuff about new relationship and new baby...

Don't know anything about checking alibis. I hope the police are investigating all angles.

Yes - the prison is something to think about. They have a guard tower out front. Anyone walking nearby is probably scoped out real good from that tower...He must not have walked near there then....

It does seem like he was maybe disoriented. That makes me wonder about the scar on his head...what was the reason for the scar? A prior head injury? Some kind of surgery? The question was asked on the facebook page, but was never answered.

I am also suspicious of the sighting at the trailer home. Foul play would seem more likely if it weren't for this sighting...but the Sheriff confirms the sighting. So strange.

Supposedly the person at the trailer talked to him for 15 minutes...Jared drank two glasses of water.

That's a long conversation...I wish I knew more.

Odd case. I hope this guy is found safe!

New leads discovered in Jared Hanna case

New leads have been discovered regarding a Jerseyville man who has been missing for more than three months, officials said.

http://jerseycountyjournal.com/new-leads-discovered-in-jared-hanna-case-p7733-1.htm

Unfortunately, this is a subscription paper, so I'm unable to see or post more. But apparently there are new leads in the case. Hopefully someone can find another NON-subscription link so we can know what those leads are...

New Evidence Found In Jared Hanna's Disappearance; New Search Set For Saturday
10/14/11 @ 12:31:45 pm

Jared Hanna
The Clinton County Sheriff's Department plans a new search for a missing Jerseyville man after new evidence was found this week.

Chief Deputy Mark Etter says personal items belonging to 28-year-old Jared Hanna were discovered along Crooked Creek southwest of the Jolliff Bridge Road north of West McCord Street on the northwest side of Centralia. He reports the items were reported to the sheriff's department on Monday and later confirmed as belonging to Hanna by family members.

Etter says several groups and cadaver dogs will join efforts on Saturday to search the area in hopes of coming up with more evidence about Hanna's disappearance on July third. He reports the department has adequate manpower and no additional volunteers are needed.
Hanna's truck was found abandoned out of gas on the Jolliff Bridge Road about 2.5 miles northwest of Centralia. http://www.wjbdradio.com/index.php?f=news_single&id=29436

Saturday Search For Jared Hanna Near Jolliff Bridge Road Northwest of Centralia Fails To Produce Any New Leads

Clinton County Sheriff's Department officials say a search of an area where personal items belonging to a missing Jerseyville man were found last Monday failed to turn up any new information on his whereabouts.

More: http://www.wjbdradio.com/index.php?f=news_single&id=29456

Another article in the Jersey County Journal about Jared being missing for 1 year now. Unfortunately, it's subscription based, so we can't post or read it. If anyone finds any others, please post.

Hoping Jared comes home soon.

Not a day goes by that Jared Hanna's family doesn't think about him.

"It's hard," said Hanna's mother, Pat New. "We miss him and his girls miss him."

The Jerseyville man simply vanished one year ago. His disappearance has baffled both family members and investigators.

[Read the complete article here]

Not a day goes by that Jared Hanna's family doesn't think about him.

"It's hard," said Hanna's mother, Pat New. "We miss him and his girls miss him."

The Jerseyville man simply vanished one year ago. His disappearance has baffled both family members and investigators.

[Read the complete article here]

snipped...Clinton County Chief Deputy Mark Etter said as the anniversary of Hanna’s disappearance approaches, he hopes it will bring forth new information. He said investigators have continued to track down all leads on the case.

We are doing all that we can, and any time we hear something, we check it out,” Etter said.

Etter said a motorist reported seeing Hanna walking along the road close to where the truck was parked about midnight on July 2. Authorities believe Hanna ran out of gas.

Etter said a resident reported that Hanna knocked on his door between 8:30 and 8:40 a.m., but after that, he simply vanished.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back