Found Deceased IL - Jelani 'JJ' Day, 25, ISU grad student, missed class, Bloomington, 23 Aug 2021 #2

Right, I see. Thanks.

In which case, why would he have a sweatshirt around his waist?

Anyone who has seen photos of Jelani will realize he was very much into clothes.
MOO.

25 ways to tie a shirt around your waist:
Scroll down to 16 for a summer look with shorts and a sweater tied around the waist.
25 Ideas How to Tie Shirt around Waist for Guys

Did Jelani also have a burner phone? One that his family didn't know of? That could also have been tossed out the window of the car. He could have arranged to meet someone at the YMCA that day?

I've been looking for a map and details about what clothes were left in the car or where his shoes went. Many people take off their shoes before jumping into the water to harm themselves. The shoes would indicate where he entered the water, IMHO.
How were the clothes left? Were they at one point folded neatly and over time moved by the elements? Did it look like someone tried to hide them?
I can't even find confirmation that the sweatshirt tied around his waist was Jelani's. If so, he may have used it to help weigh himself down in the water.
Are we also assuming he entered the water at night?
I have so many questions!

Did Jelani also have a burner phone? One that his family didn't know of? That could also have been tossed out the window of the car. He could have arranged to meet someone at the YMCA that day?

I've been looking for a map and details about what clothes were left in the car or where his shoes went. Many people take off their shoes before jumping into the water to harm themselves. The shoes would indicate where he entered the water, IMHO.
How were the clothes left? Were they at one point folded neatly and over time moved by the elements? Did it look like someone tried to hide them?
I can't even find confirmation that the sweatshirt tied around his waist was Jelani's. If so, he may have used it to help weigh himself down in the water.
Are we also assuming he entered the water at night?
I have so many questions!

Jelani Day - Google My Maps

I started a map early on plotting various things, however the information that's been released occasionally contradicts each other, so keep that in mind. Some of sourcing for the clothing, in particular, I'd consider extremely unreliable.

Is there any actual evidence to suggest a hate crime?

As far as I know, there are no MSM reports of any interaction between JD and other people on the day of his disappearance other than purchasing a coffee and purchasing weed. Were he to have been abducted, this would have needed to occur in the brief interval between leaving the dispensary and entering the nearby highway when his phone disappeared. This is a very narrow time frame and would require an attack immediately after leaving the dispensary.

It is hard to believe that his phone records and computer records have yielded nothing. I wonder if there is actual information on these devices that doesn't fit the promoted narrative.

Unfortunately, discussion of this case is leading in a political direction not conducive to objective discussion.
But, for all we know he may not have been abducted but been with "so called friends or associates" that harmed him. We just know one narrative that he was a student and driven for success. That's what we know, we have to look between the lines to get an indication of what may have actually been going on in his life. Like the footage from the dispensary where he was not a student but went for a pick me up or a relax mode, or for a snack.

There is no evidence, that I am aware of, to suggest a crime occurred...much less a hate crime.

IMO, there is evidence to suggest that Jelani was struggling.
However, that is not being made public due to privacy regulations.

Just My Opinion.
There is no evidence to prove he was struggling. We don' even know how he interacted with his friens and associates so how is this information available. IMO its not.

Factory-installed GPS would have to be disabled, and maybe paranoia led him to do that, but if it's disabled, that would be more evidence that he intentionally disappeared. If it's not disabled, it has so much information. My point is the mother has lots of information from the phone data, the car used to be his grandfather's, there could be data available without having access to the car. I could see the mother thinking it was evidence of foul play if the GPS was disabled. She is not going to share anything that doesn't show her son in a good light. Jelani's family lives an hour and a half away, I don't think he was concerned about anyone checking on his movements, he had his phone on at the dispensary. He drove around a lot, as others have posted.
You mean he drove around a lot on that particular day? Or on other days?

MimosaMornings said:
There wasn’t anything? I find that odd.

I want to be clear, when I quoted CBD in regards to the phone data, she didn't say they weren't any text messages or phone calls, etc., or that information was missing, she just answered "no" when the reporter asked if they found anything to help with the investigation (I am paraphrasing) in the phone records. Also, after Jelani was reported missing, they were given the time and location of the last ping. The family did not have access to his phone data until after the carrier's waiting period.
Digital trail leading to nowhere is a concern, though. My question is why. Its a family issue, but it points to anything happening IMO not just suicide or a psychotic reaction to MJ or edibles. If it was a reaction he knew his limits so he wouldn't take more unless he was forced to. He had MJ in his system but how much, wouldn't it degrade after 11 days? So we don't even know how much he had in his system. This case has so many possibilities. All we know is what he bought at the dispensary that day.

He was wearing the tank top and sweatshirt in the car when he was driving and running the AC.
When he left the car he took the sweatshirt off because it was hot that day.
He tied the sweatshirt around his waist.
IIRC his shorts and shoes have never been found.
We don't know he had the sweatshirt originally because it was never mentioned. It was only mentioned during the autopsy that it was tied around his waist. Why do we know about all his other clothing but not about this sweatshirt. On CCTV footage while in his car driving was he wearing this sweatshirt? I'd like to know that.

Digital trail leading to nowhere is a concern, though. My question is why. Its a family issue, but it points to anything happening IMO not just suicide or a psychotic reaction to MJ or edibles. If it was a reaction he knew his limits so he wouldn't take more unless he was forced to. He had MJ in his system but how much, wouldn't it degrade after 11 days? So we don't even know how much he had in his system. This case has so many possibilities. All we know is what he bought at the dispensary that day.

How do you know that he “knew his limits and wouldn’t take more unless he was forced to”? There is absolutely no way to know that unless you know him personally and have experienced that he “knows his limits” - also if he was having some type of bad psychological reaction, I doubt he would remember his “limits” if he was having an adverse reaction.

Looking at the map posted by SimplyCass, it seems that he took off northward on I-39 and went straight, but apparently veered off at some point to Peru. That would seem to be a purposeful decision. He then ends up near a YMCA and a park in a residential neighborhood. This doesn't look like a random spot.

It seems like he was there to meet someone, and things did not go as planned.

I would be very surprised if that is not something on his phone or computer that points to Peru in some way.

Looking at the map posted by SimplyCass, it seems that he took off northward on I-39 and went straight, but apparently veered off at some point to Peru. That would seem to be a purposeful decision. He then ends up near a YMCA and a park in a residential neighborhood. This doesn't look like a random spot.

It seems like he was there to meet someone, and things did not go as planned.

I would be very surprised if that is not something on his phone or computer that points to Peru in some way.

To clarify - the driving directions shown in my map are just what Google plots out when I put in the two destinations. There's no way of knowing the actual route that JJ took, especially if his phone was abandoned in Bloomington.

To clarify - the driving directions shown in my map are just what Google plots out when I put in the two destinations. There's no way of knowing the actual route that JJ took, especially if his phone was abandoned in Bloomington.
I assumed that. It would appear that there were several exits he could have taken to end up at the YMCA. Each of them, however, would have required a conscious decision. before looking at your map, I assumed Peru was in the middle of nowhere, not at the junction of two interstate highways.

There is no evidence to prove he was struggling. We don' even know how he interacted with his friens and associates so how is this information available. IMO its not.

There are at least two red flags that are worth looking into

- missing class for "several days" - has never been specified how many days, though it should be easily verified
- arriving at the Bone Center to meet director but leaving unexpectedly
- The purpose of such meeting. CSD 408a30 (lab class) would have required director's consent, but whether he was there for that reason is just a guess on my part.

Answers to these questions has not been covered in MSM. I hope LE has the answers and they can shed light on his state of mind.

I assumed that. It would appear that there were several exits he could have taken to end up at the YMCA. Each of them, however, would have required a conscious decision. before looking at your map, I assumed Peru was in the middle of nowhere, not at the junction of two interstate highways.

I see, thank you for clarifying that.

There are at least two red flags that are worth looking into

- missing class for "several days" - has never been specified how many days, though it should be easily verified
- arriving at the Bone Center to meet director but leaving unexpectedly
- The purpose of such meeting. CSD 408a30 (lab class) would have required director's consent, but whether he was there for that reason is just a guess on my part.

Answers to these questions has not been covered in MSM. I hope LE has the answers and they can shed light on his state of mind.

I see, thank you for clarifying that.
Missing class for several days I believe the quote is referring to after the dispensary. LE does have the answers to his class schedule. If he missed classes for several days I assume he would have been suspended or at least reprimanded. Plus classes started very recently, so I don't think he was missing many classes. As I've mentioned before we don't know when his appointment with the director was. It could've been anywhere until 11:59 AM. All we know that it was in the morning. If we know what time his meeting was then we could speculate what happened to him, but right now its anything as I can see.

rsbm
When was this disclosed? I must have missed it.
I meant that he bought something at the dispensary that's all we know of. Possibly MJ or edible. And it would be a regulated amount according to government regulations or bylaws so it wouldn't be over that amount.

How do you know that he “knew his limits and wouldn’t take more unless he was forced to”? There is absolutely no way to know that unless you know him personally and have experienced that he “knows his limits” - also if he was having some type of bad psychological reaction, I doubt he would remember his “limits” if he was having an adverse reaction.
I'm guessing because he never had a reaction before so my assumption is he knew his limits. So he wouldn't take more than what he normally would because he would know and wouldn't want to harm himself. But a physical, psychological reaction is possible sometimes the body just fails us, maybe some part of his body didn't cope well to MJ. That's what I meant.

Missing class for several days I believe the quote is referring to after the dispensary. LE does have the answers to his class schedule. If he missed classes for several days I assume he would have been suspended or at least reprimanded. Plus classes started very recently, so I don't think he was missing many classes. As I've mentioned before we don't know when his appointment with the director was. It could've been anywhere until 11:59 AM. All we know that it was in the morning. If we know what time his meeting was then we could speculate what happened to him, but right now its anything as I can see.

In the full context, I don't think it's talking about after the dispensary visit. The director was concerned that he hadn't answered texts, missed the meeting + class + and several days - nothing after 8/23 (the day he visited the dispensary).

As I've stated previously, it's not just the missing the meeting that is concerning, it's that he was there and ready to meet her and then abruptly left for no discernible reason.

I disagree. Having followed the case from the beginning, he'd clearly missed classes leading up to his disappearance. We can't say that he wasn't reprimanded earlier or wasn't meeting with his director to withdraw that specific week. Many unknown pieces to this puzzle have been withheld while the death investigation continues, and as it should be, until we have a cause of death. MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back