IL IL - John Spira, 45, DuPage County, 23 Feb 2007

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by Cubby, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Penny4YourThoughts

Penny4YourThoughts Well-Known Member

2. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Let's not forget employees reported a missing roll of plastic from the business John and his business partner owned. That limits the pool of poi's.

Iirc the snow wasn't bad at the exact time of John's disappearance. It was that weekend that the snow piled up. I will find the weather info and link it shortly.

3. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Dbm

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  4. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

It didn't start snowing until 4:59 pm Saturday February 24th.

Hourly weather is at the bottom of the following link.

Weather History for Chicago DuPage, IL | Weather Underground

It was the snow from Saturday evening into Sunday that covered any ground evidence related to John's Friday disappearance.

5. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

I want to know if DPCSO had cadaver dogs search the entire perimeter of the business property.

6. somequestions

somequestions Well-Known Member

I realized the fact about the weather after I wrote my last post about this case, but could not edit it. I think you only have an hour to edit a post. The snowstorm did not start until the next evening February 24, 2007, as his girlfriend became concerned about his whereabouts after not hearing from him.

During the Disappeared show it looks like there was no snow underneath his truck so it was parked before 4:59 pm on February 24th. I just remember during that episode his girlfriend describing looking for him during the snowstorm. It was one of the sadder missing person's cases I have seen on that show.

anniejanet likes this.
  7. anniejanet

anniejanet Active Member

They are all sad. Disappeared really gets to me.

somequestions and Cubby like this.
  8. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

No worries. I just didn't want any readers to get confused about the timing of the snow.

Iirc the company buried cable so they likely had the machinery to dig, even frozen ground.

somequestions likes this.
  9. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Detective David Chiesa told us Thursday he is looking into the St. Charles man's financial dealings, including whether he may have borrowed money from less than reputable sources.

13 years after businessman's disappearance, DuPage detective gives case a fresh look

The article also mentions John's case is being treated as a presumed homicide and that there is no evidence his business partner was involved in his disappearance.

My apologies if this article was linked upthread, somehow I missed it back in March.