IL IL - John Wayne Gacy

steinaranderen, thanks for your personal and first hand knowledge of this individual and family involved. It always helps to have the views of someone with much more accurate info on the case at hand.

The hard part is walking the fine line of saying enough to be pertinent and not saying more which would harm the process (and the people involved). :banghead:

The hard part is walking the fine line of saying enough to be pertinent and not saying more which would harm the process (and the people involved). :banghead:

I totally understand. Many WS members have been in the unenviable position of being an insider or family member to either a victim or alleged perpetrator. It is never easy trying to relay your thoughts without jeopardizing an ongoing situation.

Hang in there.

Write a letter to yourself and hide it. That way it isnt eating at you because you got it off your mind but you didnt say anything. It works for me but man I hate finding an old note to myself after I forgot all about it. Sometimes I wished I had hide them from myself better. LOL

Gacy nephew convicted of sex assault of 12-year-old girl (Chicago Tribune)
Raymond Kasper, the nephew of serial killer John Wayne Gacy, was convicted in McHenry County today of sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl, even though she denied the attacks from the witness stand.

A jury took three hours to find Kasper, of Marengo, guilty of predatory criminal sexual assault and aggravated criminal sexual abuse. He was found not guilty of one count of sexual assault.

Kasper shook his head as the verdict was read while his sister Kimberlee Kasper sobbed from the courtroom gallery. His bond was revoked at the request of prosecutors and he was immediately taken into custody. Prosecutor Michael Combs said Kasper faces 21 to 120 years in prison at his Sept. 28 sentencing.
---
much more, with video, at Trib link above

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/man-thought-to-be-gacy-victim-found-in-montana

Robert Hutton was located in April after his sister submitted his name as a possible Gacy victim, Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart said Thursday.

CHICAGO — A man presumed dead for decades as a potential victim of serial killer John Wayne Gacy has been reunited with his family after investigators found him alive and well in Montana.....

More at link...

The attorney who is still working on the Gacy case posted this video on youtube. Very creepy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60q5hBKVJ-M

I do think it's possible, even likely, that Gacy had help with some of the murders, and even had some of the other young men who worked for his construction company help him lure his victims. However, it's hard to take what Gacy said seriously since after his conviction he was clearly trying to buy time for himself and denied his crimes. Originally, of course, he admitted his guilt and tried to create an alter ego in an attempt to fabricate an insanity defense.

I have to disagree with the theory that some of the victims died of strangulation and others from asphyxiation is evidence that he didn't commit all the murders. Gacy stated in his original confession that he often stuffed the victims' own underwear or socks into their mouths to muffle their screams. Even Robert Piest, whom Gacy said he strangled, was found with paper towels stuffed down his throat. The second last victim, James Mazzara, has been listed alternately in several different books and online sources to have been strangled or asphyxiated, Gacy himself said he strangled Mazzara. The coroner who examined the body said that he was unable to determine a cause of death, but stated that strangulation was likely.

Back to the accomplice bit, one of the victims whom Gacy allowed to live, Jeffrey Ringnall (who has since passed away) recalled coming to during his torture and saw a young man on his knees in front of him before he was knocked unconscious again. The person's name is not mentioned in the video but he is referred to by name elsewhere - Michael Rossi. The description Ringnall gave matched Rossi to a T.

Very unsettling to know that there are people out there who may have assisted this evil monster.

A tribute video to Gacy's victims (including the unidentified):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJCPdZnRc-Y

December 11th will mark the 36th anniversary of the murder of Gacy's last victim, 15-year-old Robert Piest. It's infuriating knowing that had Gacy served his full sentence for sodomy in Iowa he would have been released on that very day. The lives that could have been saved . . . . :tears:

A Serial Killer, a Receipt, and My Mom: Haunted by the Murder of 33 Boys
My mom’s role in capturing the prolific serial killer, John Wayne Gacy, has haunted me
since I was a child. This summer, I sat down with her after he re-emerged in the news
cycle to get an insight into how he affected her motherhood—and ultimately my own

My mom first met Gacy on December 11, 1978, a particularly cold evening in suburban Illinois. That night, my mom, then 17, and her friend and co-worker, Rob Piest, were working a shift at Nisson Pharmacy. A large strange man thudded to work a contracting job at the pharmacy. My mom thought he seemed out of place and asked her boss, “Who’s that?” It was slow, typical of a Monday, so Rob spent time restocking shelves and my mom worked the cash register. At some point she developed a roll of film. She had forgotten her jacket that night, so she asked to borrow Rob’s favorite blue parka. Every time the front doors opened, a frigid cold wind would swoop in. So he lent it to her. At around 8 p.m., when his shift was almost over, when Gacy asked to speak with Rob out back about a summer job that would pay him double what he made at the pharmacy, he took his jacket back, went outside, and was never seen again.

My mom’s role in capturing the prolific serial killer, John Wayne Gacy, has haunted me
since I was a child. This summer, I sat down with her after he re-emerged in the news
cycle to get an insight into how he affected her motherhood—and ultimately my own

My mom first met Gacy on December 11, 1978, a particularly cold evening in suburban Illinois. That night, my mom, then 17, and her friend and co-worker, Rob Piest, were working a shift at Nisson Pharmacy. A large strange man thudded to work a contracting job at the pharmacy. My mom thought he seemed out of place and asked her boss, “Who’s that?” It was slow, typical of a Monday, so Rob spent time restocking shelves and my mom worked the cash register. At some point she developed a roll of film. She had forgotten her jacket that night, so she asked to borrow Rob’s favorite blue parka. Every time the front doors opened, a frigid cold wind would swoop in. So he lent it to her. At around 8 p.m., when his shift was almost over, when Gacy asked to speak with Rob out back about a summer job that would pay him double what he made at the pharmacy, he took his jacket back, went outside, and was never seen again.
I've always felt Rob and Kim were the ones who actually stopped the killing. The police were not even aware of the scope of Gacy's crimes til "a good guy" like Rob was taken. He brought justice for all the boys and young men that Gacy victimized.

WOW. I actually didn't know anything about how he was actually caught. Amazing story.

Here's a link to the WS for the unidentified victims of Gacy.

IL - IL - The Unidentified Victims of John Wayne Gacy

I hope they're all identified soon.

Gacy was abominable, monster is an apt description. He was a textbook sociopath, capable of turning on the charm, putting up a good appearance when necessary, but hiding a twisted, cruel, manipulative personality. Many articles state his friends and neighbors described him as a nice guy, but in reality he seldom exhibited those traits. I've read a couple of books about him in which co-workers, family members and others describe him as cruel, insulting, verbally abusive, angry, mean. He treated his wives and children very badly. Most chilling was the book by Jason Moss, who corresponded with an interviewed Gacy in prison.

Jason Moss (writer) - Wikipedia

I was born and raised in Waterloo Iowa. I met JWG several times during my early years. A cousin of mine (a girl) was employed at one of Gacy's Kentucky Fried Chicken franchises. We ate there alot and I met John on one occasion.
At a young age My identical twin brother and I had a ventriloquist act. In our early teens we would visit local hospitals and do shows for the young patients. Several times we were joined by a clown as we roamed room to room. The clown was John Wayne Gacy. I do not recall if he used the name Pogo at that time.
Flash forward to the winter of 1976. I was 16. Late one night I was driving my parents car home from my girlfriends house. I had never been in an adult book store and as I drove past "The Danish Book World" I decided to stop and see what it was all about. Ironically the bookstore used to be one of Gacys KFC stores. As I quickly walked through the bookstore a stocky man started to follow me real close. He freaked me out so I left. As I walked across the snow covered parking lot I could hear footsteps crunching on my heals. I started to run. The footsteps behind me started to run! I jumped in my parents car and locked the door just in time. The man frantically yanked on the door handle as he looked down into my eyes. He had no expression on his face at all. I will never forget that stare. I leaned over and locked the passenger door as he ran around the front of the car to the passenger door. I started the car and got the hell out of there.
I cannot say for sure it was John as I hadn't seen him in years, but it looked just like him.
Could John have come back to Iowa to visit? He knew a lot of people in Waterloo. I have wondered all these years and still shutter to think what could have happened if I had not locked the car door in time.

Last edited:
I was born and raised in Waterloo Iowa. I met JWG several times during my early years. A cousin of mine (a girl) was employed at one of Gacy's Kentucky Fried Chicken franchises. We ate there alot and I met John on one occasion.
At a young age My identical twin brother and I had a ventriloquist act. In our early teens we would visit local hospitals and do shows for the young patients. Several times we were joined by a clown as we roamed room to room. The clown was John Wayne Gacy. I do not recall if he used the name Pogo at that time.
Flash forward to the winter of 1976. I was 16. Late one night I was driving my parents car home from my girlfriends house. I had never been in an adult book store and as I drove past "The Danish Book World" I decided to stop and see what it was all about. Ironically the bookstore used to be one of Gacys KFC stores. As I quickly walked through the bookstore a stocky man started to follow me real close. He freaked me out so I left. As I walked across the snow covered parking lot I could hear footsteps crunching on my heals. I started to run. The footsteps behind me started to run! I jumped in my parents car and locked the door just in time. The man frantically yanked on the door handle as he looked down into my eyes. He had no expression on his face at all. I will never forget that stare. I leaned over and locked the passenger door as he ran around the front of the car to the passenger door. I started the car and got the hell out of there.
I cannot say for sure it was John as I hadn't seen him in years, but it looked just like him.
Could John have come back to Iowa to visit? He knew a lot of people in Waterloo. I have wondered all these years and still shutter to think what could have happened if I had not locked the car door in time.
Welcome to WS. I don’t know the answer to your question, but Gacy reportedly maintained friendships with ppl in Waterloo after parole- and did violate other terms of his parole. So it’s possible. Glad you’re still here!

Thanks for sharing that with us. Welcome to WS. Should've an interesting search for more info on the questions you are looking to have answered. You have an angel !!

I worked at the Iowa State Mens Reformatory (now Penitentiary) at Anamosa Iowa. I wasn't there when Gacy was, but there was a mini golf course that the prison Jaycees were able to obtain and have installed inside the walls. There was a memorial that honored the Jaycees who were instrumental in getting the course which had Gacy's name as the Jaycees president at the time. I believe it was removed after Gacy became infamous. Some of the old timers (staff and inmates) remembered Gacy but none had a very high opinion of him.

This doesn't fit Gacy's known MO, every known attack including the one way before the murders which resulted in him going to prison involved him convincing his victim to come to his home then attacking them there usually after subduing them. The only one i'm aware of that differs is the one he said he killed because he was standing in his kitchen with a knife but after killing him he discovered he was only going to cook Gacy breakfast as a thank you for allowing him to stay, but i don't believe that story anyway. Gacy thought highly of himself and seemed to get off on tricking and subduing his victims.

So no, it's highly unlikely it was Gacy. If he pulled up and asked you to his home with an offer of work or money then maybe but in these circumstances, no.

I'm also inclined to believe this is just creative fiction with the idea that you just wanted to see what the deal with adult bookstores is then "ironically" it turned out to be one of Gacy's old KFC stores, then (ironically i guess?) Gacy was behind you :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back