IL - July 4 Parade, Highland Park, at least 6 fatally shot, 4 July 2022 *son charged, dad guilty*

I gots some questions

He planned this - yet still no definitive motive? How can that be? You ask - did you plan this? Answer - yes. Next logical question is WHY!! Is he not answering that - yet? IDK

Why did he go to Wisconsin? And why is LE not going to address that yet?

Still no definite on the type of guns, LE has said nothing about magazines. He fired 70 rounds - he had magazines and had to have reloaded. LE said they are collecting the casings but have not said the caliber - just said high velocity.

Who was treating him back in 2019 after the suicide attempt? Was there any meds prescribed? Did he take them? Refuse to take them?

Wonder if the State Attorney will address any of this or just announce the charges.

JMHO

Notes from presser:

LE gave 2 prior incidents from LE and the home

4/19 - (this was a week after the attempt) - Shooter had attempted suicide. LE said he was being hanled by mntal health professionals.

9/19 - Shooter had threatened to kill everyone. LE took 16 knives including a dagger and a sword. LE notified the state police. The threat was directed at family inside the home. There was no arrest because complainant didn't want to file one.

LE is looking for a female witness that could have possibly seen him drop something in a red blanker behind a Ross. LE later said it was a rifle in the blanket. Asking that this person come forward.

Victims - 45 victims were injured or killed so that makes 7 fatal and 38 injured

LE said they did not know about the social media and yes, absolutely should have been reported to them - they would have looked into it.

LE didn't know about the synagogue visit.

He bought the guns in 2020 and 2021.

No definitive motive at this time. Shooter is talking to LE

He bought 5 firearms - 2 rifles, pistols and a shotgun

He drove to a number of places after getting mom's car. He went to Wisconsin (Madison) and came back. LE does not want to comment on the why he went to Wisconsin (interesting)

The State Attorney will have a press conference at 5:30 to announce charges.

If they have reports of suicide and they confiscate several knives why wouldn’t the mental health representative dive into his SM ? That’s so easy to do and typically leaves major clues. This doesn’t make sense, even if the parents didn’t want to file. He is a threat to himself and others. Who held the last authoritative position with the incident reports ?

Notes from presser:

LE gave 2 prior incidents from LE and the home

4/19 - (this was a week after the attempt) - Shooter had attempted suicide. LE said he was being hanled by mntal health professionals.

9/19 - Shooter had threatened to kill everyone. LE took 16 knives including a dagger and a sword. LE notified the state police. The threat was directed at family inside the home. There was no arrest because complainant didn't want to file one.

LE is looking for a female witness that could have possibly seen him drop something in a red blanker behind a Ross. LE later said it was a rifle in the blanket. Asking that this person come forward.

Victims - 45 victims were injured or killed so that makes 7 fatal and 38 injured

LE said they did not know about the social media and yes, absolutely should have been reported to them - they would have looked into it.

LE didn't know about the synagogue visit.

He bought the guns in 2020 and 2021.

No definitive motive at this time. Shooter is talking to LE

He bought 5 firearms - 2 rifles, pistols and a shotgun

He drove to a number of places after getting mom's car. He went to Wisconsin (Madison) and came back. LE does not want to comment on the why he went to Wisconsin (interesting)

The State Attorney will have a press conference at 5:30 to announce charges.

and yet again the ball was dropped by LE, and no mental health experts called to talk to him?
this is why many people want to add mental Health Experts/Officers to the Police Depts.

Picture painted on the side of shooter’s parents house attached. I think there may have been some telling signs, eh??
This is scary. If my neighbor had something like that painted on the house you betcha I'd be calling - anybody and everybody. That is just scary. I'm thinking this is mom's house. She had to have known it was there - but just didn't care? Was she afraid of him too?

Makes me think of the song:

Sign, Sign, everywhere a sign - blocking up the scenery, breakin' my mind...............

Every time this happens we find out there were signs but yet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:mad:

SMH

Total speculation: His family may own property in WI or maybe he has friends who do. It's a big deal with people from Chicago. WI is sort of a playground.
He may have had a friend hanging out in WI (I'm sure almost everyone in a nice Chicago suburbs knows at least one person with a vacation property in Wisconsin! )

However, police in WI are also very skeptical of IL license plates, so maybe he felt there was "heat" up there and came back. Who knows..total speculation....

Just a random explanation...Thought he could "get away", but then the "license plate thing" was a liability...That would be the most benign explanation..
Of course there could be a more involved reason.

Cars with IL plates are common in WI and people from IL own vacation properties in WI. It's a thing.......Speculation..Speculation..

Last edited:
So threatening to stab everyone in your house is NOT enough probable cause to arrest someone?!!
Did he have to actually stab and kill them first? This presents a HUGE problem!

Very similar to Amber Heards claim of DV, she called the cops....they came...saw...and AH refused to talk or press charges!! The LE's hands are tied, if no one in the home wanted to follow through with a formal complaint.

This is scary. If my neighbor had something like that painted on the house you betcha I'd be calling - anybody and everybody. That is just scary. I'm thinking this is mom's house. She had to have known it was there - but just didn't care? Was she afraid of him too?

Makes me think of the song:

Sign, Sign, everywhere a sign - blocking up the scenery, breakin' my mind...............

Every time this happens we find out there were signs but yet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:mad:

SMH

There are always RED FLAGS, sometimes people REFUSE to believe it or are aware and too afraid to deal with it or live in fear of their own family members. Often people do not want to believe a quiet kid is capable of violence, it's wishful thinking.
Hindsight is always 20/20.
He seems the type of teen everyone knew and avoided, and tried to ignore so he went online to find friends who are just as violent as he is or he was recruited/indoctrinated and goaded into violence by new online friends.

Very similar to Amber Heards claim of DV, she called the cops....they came...saw...and AH refused to talk or press charges!! The LE's hands are tied, if no one in the home wanted to follow through with a formal complaint.

They cannot press charges, the State against the one making threats?

In my opinion, this statement from the uncle are concerning in relation to the mental health of a young person.

He's a quiet kid
He's usually on his own
He's a lonely, quiet person
He keeps everything to himself

These "descriptions" of him from a family member (his uncle) are very sad, troubling and deeply concerning descriptions in my view.

Oh how I wish from the bottom of my heart that someone - anyone who knew him - would have reported that video on youtube.

In that youtube video, he talked about the violence he planned to do - "had to do". I believe that is what people term as a "manifesto".

I will never understand how he got as far as he did without anyone reporting him to the police or to a health professional. I just can't understand it.
The Uncle is quoted as saying, "I associate with him(RC), but I don't really like to engage with him," he said." Suspected July 4 Gunman An Alienated Youth With Dark Online Persona

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back